Covid knocks.

Came down with body aches and a sore throat on Thursday morning. By Thursday night I had the worst sinus infection ever. Wanted to kill something. 101 fever through this morning when it broke. Fucking headache and problems breathing was the worst. Now it’s just an occasional coughing jag. Apparently it’s the second time I had it because I had a strong antibody response in a test about 3 months ago. I only had two jabs and that was almost 18 months ago. Scary shit.  

Edited by spin_dry

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Came down with body aches and a sore throat on Thursday morning. By Thursday night I had the worst sinus infection ever. Wanted to kill something. 101 fever through this morning when it broke. Fucking headache and problems breathing was the worst. Now it’s just an occasional coughing jag. Apparently it’s the second time I had it because I had a strong antibody response in a test about 3 months ago. I only had two jabs and that was almost 18 months ago. Scary shit.  

Same symptoms I had 10 days ago

22 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Thankfully you got the vax.

Real talk— we had the rones over Christmas. Was uncomfortable but I’ve had way worse flu bugs as far as symptoms go 

it spread like fire again at the wife’s grandpas  funeral. Wife and I experienced maybe mild symptoms for a day. Like really tired. Hard to say if it was rones or not. Maybe we were just exhausted. Never tested and maybe we were looking for symptoms given the circumstances 

but it ravaged the vaccinated people there. Not like deathly sick. But they were on the couch for like a week. Piles of them. Even the loss of taste and smell. 

I mean the vaccine for the original strain likely is totally useless against a mutating single strand RNA virus. Which we really kinda knew that was going to happen 

natural immunity imo really is a thing and the best thing you can do once you have it is just keep being social and getting the most recent strain since it will likely be similar to the previous one, giving you mild symptoms at most 

but again, even at its worst, including my wife’s grandpas wife who was unvaccinated, it was a cold\flu. Just the vaccinated got it the worst. But I have zero data on previous exposure beyond my immediate family and we were all fine. 

Nothing about this has changed my stance. We’re going to live and we’re going to get mild respiratory illnesses and it’s unavoidable 

• Like 1

And when we got the full meal deal rones I’d say the main symptom was exhaustion. Slight fever on and off for a few hours. General malaise. Never a terrible cough. Not even a really sort throat: What it kinda felt like was the last evening of the flu, but like for a week. 

19 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You ruined that.

Lol, here the conspiracy comes again.  So untrue it's funny.  What a moron.

16 hours ago, ACE said:

Natural immunity imo really is a thing and the best thing you can do once you have it is just keep being social and getting the most recent strain since it will likely be similar to the previous one, giving you mild symptoms at most 

Natural immunity has proven to be no better than the shot which is amusing since the shot was designed for multiple mutations ago.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Natural immunity has proven to be no better than the shot which is amusing since the shot was designed for multiple mutations ago.

Holy shit you’re completely fucking retarded 

• Like 1

The original shot never proved it was better, not from day one.  You've been conned and yet still push the lies.

Why?

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

The original shot never proved it was better, not from day one.  You've been conned and yet still push the lies.

Why?

Deepfaggot is still so weirdly deep into his covid religion 

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

Deepfaggot is still so weirdly deep into his covid religion 

The guy is into titles, group think and cheap suits instead of real accomplishments and independent critical thinking.

You are the ones making a claim and EVERYTIME you try to back it up your sources are proven to be made up or that the title doesn't match the info.  If you think that is critical thinking well then we can just continue to laugh at you.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You are the ones making a claim and EVERYTIME you try to back it up your sources are proven to be made up or that the title doesn't match the info.  If you think that is critical thinking well then we can just continue to laugh at you.

Unlike you my goalposts never moved.

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Unlike you my goalposts never moved.

That absolute moron still thinks his covid communion is as good as proper immunity :lol: 

You suck at paraphrasing.  I asked why you would believe a shot would be super effective if natural immunity isn't.  Your response was that natural immunity was perfect and even when multiple members without shots have had it twice.  Non-thinking twit.

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

So you are deciding my goal posts?  What are they then?  

The last remaining goalposts you have to hang by is "you won't die as bad from covid if vaxxed":lol:

That's it.:lol:

So much for stopping infections or stopping transmitting covid.  So much for masks, lab leak. Etc etc i can go on if you need a multipage.

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The last remaining goalposts you have to hang by is "you won't die as bad from covid if vaxxed":lol:

That's it.:lol:

So much for stopping infections or stopping transmitting covid.  So much for masks, lab leak. Etc etc i can go on if you need a multipage.

You have me mistaken with someone else.  Not my goal posts, never were.  Our discussions have been around two points.

1) You stated that the whole pandemic was caused by the vaccine

2) You state there is a negative efficacy from taking it

You've proven neither and only shown your stupidity by trying to then change the topic.  I don't need the shot, haven't had the shot, but find your stupidity even more gross than the imbeciles that are on the opposite side.  They are at least being misled, you are misleading yourself.

You have me mistaken with someone else.  Not my goal posts, never were.  Our discussions have been around two points.

1) You stated that the whole pandemic was caused by the vaccine

No I didn't.  I said the vaccines are driving more variants.  This is virology 101.  Get a clue.

2) You state there is a negative efficacy from taking it

Well more people are dying who are vaxxed compared to the unvaxxed.  All case mortality, but you have tunnel vision and can't process critical thought.  Just look at the countries with low vax uptake to confirm.

You've proven neither and only shown your stupidity by trying to then change the topic.  I don't need the shot, haven't had the shot, but find your stupidity even more gross than the imbeciles that are on the opposite side.  They are at least being misled, you are misleading yourself.

Anything else?

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No I didn't.  I said the vaccines are driving more variants.  This is virology 101.  Get a clue.

You changed your tune shortly thereafter.  That was the first post you made that I could no longer stand by and watch your idiocy without saying something.  As for the variants.  This is also some non-logical BS you are being told on Twitter.  Any virologist will tell you that the main cause of variants are people getting the disease.  We also refuted all this as your whole basis were the variants that occurred before the vaccine.

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well more people are dying who are vaxxed compared to the unvaxxed.  All case mortality, but you have tunnel vision and can't process critical thought.  Just look at the countries with low vax uptake to confirm.

Per population that isn't true.  Just look at everything you've ever posted.  Can't believe you still believe this shit.  So fucking dumb.  You also stated the weak should and do get the vax so based on your other comments it would even be expected if per capita it were higher...but it isn't.  This would also show a negative efficacy which you keep claiming but then show information that states the opposite.  You should stop repeating what your moronic twitter friends tell you and instead think for yourself for once.

Let's stay on topic which is negative efficacy.  Unless you are just avoiding it because you agree that this is not the case with the shot.