BATTLE OF THE 850s! | WHO WINS? | 2022 Ski-Doo Renegade XRS VS. 2022 Polaris VR1 137 | Season Finale

33 minutes ago, nacapster said:

Hey now, what’s wrong with the seating position? At least the seat doesn’t feel like a pile of bricks. The rock hard seat & excrement quality is what keeps me off a Poo. 

On the Poo you are sitting in the perfect position so your not sliding forward all the time. The Poo MY15 had a soft seat but here there were some other years that were awful. On the other hand my MY19 Doo was like sitting on a 2x4 so I had to flip for the comfort seat, $450 later I'm still sliding forward but the sled is way more comfortable. Your weight needs to be back on the Doo gen 4 there is enough weight on the frontend of those sleds in turn they bite to hard IMO.     

37 minutes ago, Badger** said:

On the Poo you are sitting in the perfect position so your not sliding forward all the time. The Poo MY15 had a soft seat but here there were some other years that were awful. On the other hand my MY19 Doo was like sitting on a 2x4 so I had to flip for the comfort seat, $450 later I'm still sliding forward but the sled is way more comfortable. Your weight needs to be back on the Doo gen 4 there is enough weight on the frontend of those sleds in turn they bite to hard IMO.     

The G4 was a big step forward in power, durability, and chain case serviceability but a big step backwards in handling. Too much weight transfer both back & front hence the heavy feeling front end. Supposedly the 21 & newer models address this. Check out this video, the 850 handles lighter than the 600R with the new geometry.

9 hours ago, nacapster said:

HCS was Pootalk by default. I was looking for more participants so both brands would be represented somewhat equally. I never told or asked anybody to lie in some attempt to skew the poll. BTW there was only one winner in that poll and that was Arctic Cat. Poo & Doo tied for last place. Cat guys may have been laughing back then, now not so much. Oh and it would just be too unfair comparing 850s, like a NFL team playing a college team.

So posting on Doo talk for help was just to get more participants.  🤣 😂

No tie in your little poll.  Ski-Doo was the least reliable 800.

Edited by Doug

9 hours ago, nacapster said:

The G4 was a big step forward in power, durability, and chain case serviceability but a big step backwards in handling. Too much weight transfer both back & front hence the heavy feeling front end. Supposedly the 21 & newer models address this. Check out this video, the 850 handles lighter than the 600R with the new geometry.

Great video, I never experienced the twitchy front end on the Doo and there is stuff I do love about the gen 4, Ski-Doo is a very refined sled and I love the motor and the key there is, I trust the motor that's a huge plus!! The XC and Pro-S what the hell is up with the footrest, I wear a size 12 boot and I have to jam my foot in down by the chain case <<<< Fucking hate that. The 850 Patriot motor sounds like shit when you hit the starter, I laughed my ass off the first time I started one, honestly thought the starter was broken. Love to get my hands on a MY22 Doo and a VR1.   

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@Badger**and @HSR

:cop:

please save the name calling for the new resident dimwit

Hey ya fucking homo, bring the wife up to lake this summer I'll drink you drive the pontoon and I will show her the lake, you can't fuck up on that lake. I'll show her where Bart Star's place that was on the lake and Fuzzy Thurston place was, Bill Martini from the 60's Packer's is still on the lake but I hear he's in a nursing home in Antigo now. That 25' pontoon has a 50hp Merc EFI 4 so it has just as much power as your Cat. :lol2:Dinner at Billy's or The Bass Lake CC??  

Edited by Badger**
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Doug said:

So posting on Doo talk for help was just to get more participants.  🤣 😂

No tie in your little poll.  Ski-Doo was the least reliable 800.

Poo & Doo were running ski tip to ski tip & both had a nice view of Cat’s tail light.

The later CFI 800s were “ ok “ just like the later E-Tec 800s. In comparison to those two the Doo 850 is an anvil. And the Poo 850 has been a disaster. Year one was a joke. Then they seemed to be ok for a couple years but have now come full circle with a stop sale on the 22s. There’s just no comparison with the Doo 850 having a liquid cooled bottom end & boost injectors. 

14 minutes ago, nacapster said:

Poo & Doo were running ski tip to ski tip & both had a nice view of Cat’s tail light.

The later CFI 800s were “ ok “ just like the later E-Tec 800s. In comparison to those two the Doo 850 is an anvil. And the Poo 850 has been a disaster. Year one was a joke. Then they seemed to be ok for a couple years but have now come full circle with a stop sale on the 22s. There’s just no comparison with the Doo 850 having a liquid cooled bottom end & boost injectors. 

Full circle you are out of touch.  The stop sale was for the throttle override and a 10 minute check and possible adjustment.

Put on over 4000 miles this year riding with all 3-1/2 brands made and equal balance between Polaris and Ski-Doo and not one got pulled in on any of them. 

Maybe you should start a new poll for who's got the most comfy seat.  It seems to be a high priority for you.  Don't forget to invite your friends on Doo talk   

53 minutes ago, Doug said:

Full circle you are out of touch.  The stop sale was for the throttle override and a 10 minute check and possible adjustment.

Put on over 4000 miles this year riding with all 3-1/2 brands made and equal balance between Polaris and Ski-Doo and not one got pulled in on any of them. 

Maybe you should start a new poll for who's got the most comfy seat.  It seems to be a high priority for you.  Don't forget to invite your friends on Doo talk   

Doesn’t sound like a throttle issue to me.

CF5F485A-23AB-4A92-8169-3F880DDF0F12.png

13 minutes ago, nacapster said:

Doesn’t sound like a throttle issue to me.

CF5F485A-23AB-4A92-8169-3F880DDF0F12.png

Your seat not comfy enough to post a clear picture.  You need to try a little harder.  

On 5/4/2022 at 3:04 PM, Simple Jim said:

My kawasaki not only dominates in market share but on the ice , no 850 can touch it 

Have you heard of the...

F7 ?

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Have you heard of the...

F7 ?

The Kawasaki is so powerful it requires it’s own fuel. It also turned cat’s biggest dealer into it’s own dealer called country cow. 

C3D581F7-D7B0-486E-9B39-CE7C550B9F1A.jpeg