What State and Provinces have you ridden in.

Haven't been in Canada yet but have ridden in:

Alaska

Arizona

Idaho

Illinois

Michigan

Minnesota

Montana

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

• Doug changed the title to What State and Provinces have you ridden in.

I'm an underachiever, with only being in the Midwest:

MN

WI

MI (U.P.)

SD

I guess technically, I could say Canada at some level since we were riding up by the Boundary Waters about 20 years ago, and may have ventured a bit off the beaten path :whistle:

Bucket list would be a trip out east and riding the NEK.  I really don't have a lot of interest in going out West and mountain riding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I'm an underachiever, with only being in the Midwest:

MN

WI

MI (U.P.)

SD

I guess technically, I could say Canada at some level since we were riding up by the Boundary Waters about 20 years ago, and may have ventured a bit off the beaten path :whistle:

Bucket list would be a trip out east and riding the NEK.  I really don't have a lot of interest in going out West and mountain riding.

Been out West twice and if you get an opportunity to go I would take it.  Once we organize a bus trip with 38 people and had a great time.  Stayed in West Yellow stone great scenery in the park and surrounding trails.  Organized a sled/bus ride to Jackson Hole took a horse drawn wagon ride through the Elk refuge.  2nd time was just the guys fly out and hired a guide to take us out in the mountains.  Since we were never really out in the mountains was well worth it.

One trip I do regret not on is going an a back pack trip in Canada.  Buddy had it all organized with a chase vehicle to carry the luggage from motel to motel back up sled and parts.  Even rented a satellite phone to carry along.

Edited by Doug

28 minutes ago, Doug said:

Been out West twice and if you get an opportunity to go I would take it.  Once we organize a bus trip with 38 people and had a great time.  Stayed in West Yellow stone great scenery in the park and surrounding trails.  Organized a sled/bus ride to Jackson Hole took a horse drawn wagon ride through the Elk refuge.  2nd time was just the guys fly out and hired a guide to take us out in the mountains.  Since we were never really out in the mountains was well worth it.

One trip I do regret not on is going an a back pack trip in Canada.  Buddy had it all organized with a chase vehicle to carry the luggage from motel to motel back up sled and parts.  Even rented a satellite phone to carry along.

I would be interested in riding out West, but not necessarily mountain riding.  It just ain't my thing (especially trying to dig out!! :lol:)  But I would 100% be up for riding trails and checking out the scenery.  That Canada backpack trip is kind of a bucket list item for a group of guys I ride with, too ... but we've settled for northern Wisconsin into the U.P. and touring up there and back.  Especially now, with the past couple years being affected by COVID crap.  Having a chase vehicle to haul everything would be fantastic!

25 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I would be interested in riding out West, but not necessarily mountain riding.  It just ain't my thing (especially trying to dig out!! :lol:)  But I would 100% be up for riding trails and checking out the scenery.  That Canada backpack trip is kind of a bucket list item for a group of guys I ride with, too ... but we've settled for northern Wisconsin into the U.P. and touring up there and back.  Especially now, with the past couple years being affected by COVID crap.  Having a chase vehicle to haul everything would be fantastic!

Here's where we rode sleds to a resort and had a coach bus take us to Jackson Hole.  In the background is the ski hill where they have the Jackson Hole hill climb

Jackson hole 1.jpg

Jackson hole 2.jpg

Jackson hole 3.jpg

Jackson hole 4.jpg

MN, WI, MI (UP) and one year I rode off the back side of The Big Mountain outside of Kalispell, MT.

The MT ride was on a ski trip.  Seeing rental sleds at the summit I HAD to do that!  So a guide took 4 of us, me, the CFH, and a couple from Atlanta, down the backside of the mountain to a ~30 acre meadow.  The guide stopped us and started blathering about some scenery and history, and I said "Can we just go ride around a bit?"  The guide said "Sure, just don't go too far up that hill over there...." - Rope pulled, and pinned it down and back up the other side of this meadow without letting off!  The guide asked the CFH "I take it he's ridden sleds before??"   By the end of the 4 hour rental, the guide had me me on his sled, which was highly modified!  That was a blast!

But I'm with @Bontz I'm not doing it to get stuck!  The thought of digging out doesn't interest me in the least!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

MN, WI, MI (UP) and one year I rode off the back side of The Big Mountain outside of Kalispell, MT.

The MT ride was on a ski trip.  Seeing rental sleds at the summit I HAD to do that!  So a guide took 4 of us, me, the CFH, and a couple from Atlanta, down the backside of the mountain to a ~30 acre meadow.  The guide stopped us and started blathering about some scenery and history, and I said "Can we just go ride around a bit?"  The guide said "Sure, just don't go too far up that hill over there...." - Rope pulled, and pinned it down and back up the other side of this meadow without letting off!  The guide asked the CFH "I take it he's ridden sleds before??"   By the end of the 4 hour rental, the guide had me me on his sled, which was highly modified!  That was a blast!

But I'm with @Bontz I'm not doing it to get stuck!  The thought of digging out doesn't interest me in the least!  

When we went with the guide he could see everybody in our group had ridden sleds for some time so he said I'll take it up a notch.  I got stuck and started digging the sled out and the guide came over and said here's how you do it.  Got on the side and literally rolled to sled over back on it's track.  Glad we were on rentals.  Got stuck one other time and used his method.  Some of the hills we climbed it was really an adrenaline rush climbing them but coming down I was scared shitless at some points.  If I do go out there again there will be some extra time spent on the treadmill.