Toyota boy got a new truck...

Proud new owner of a 1988 Toyota 4Runner boys! I know I'm not around much nowadays, but this called for a check in. The second pick is with my RC rock crawler than I have modeled after my old red Tacoma.

Solid axle swapped with a Toyota trussed axle, Chevy 62" leaf springs all around, 4.88 gears, ARB air lockers front and rear, roll cage, 9,000lbs winch, 35s... 22re 4 banger with a 5 speed, no rot to speak of on the frame or body.

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8553.jpg

• Like 4

The problem with off-roadin', is that not only are you gonna' mud the truck up, but sooner or later you're gonna' damage SOMETHING!!

Either paint, body, suspension or undercarriage. 

Yeah, it's a lot of fun, but the damage............umm no. 

32 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

WB! How ya been, young man? Hope all is well. Cool looking truck dude!  :bc:

I'm doing pretty well, installing snow plows in the winter, fixing and maintaining trailers in the summer, mixed with installing hitches. It's an odd shop but it's a stress free work environment and the pay is good enough. :bc:

36 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

The problem with off-roadin', is that not only are you gonna' mud the truck up, but sooner or later you're gonna' damage SOMETHING!!

Quit bein a pussy!

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I'm doing pretty well, installing snow plows in the winter, fixing and maintaining trailers in the summer, mixed with installing hitches. It's an odd shop but it's a stress free work environment and the pay is good enough. :bc:

Alright, good job young man!  You get any riding in this winter? I managed to squeak out 1100ish but I wanted a lot more. Such is life though...

11 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Quit bein a pussy!

Why you little bastid!! I'll laugh my ass off, when you stove-in your rear quarter panel to the tune of about three thousand bucks!!  BWAHAHAHA!!  

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Why you little bastid!! I'll laugh my ass off, when you stove-in your rear quarter panel to the tune of about three thousand bucks!!  BWAHAHAHA!!  

Shut up you trout looking perch bitch!!!  You are a garage failure!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Shut up you trout looking perch bitch!!!  You are a garage failure!!

:wtf:    WTF are you talkin' about!! It took me all afternoon to clean my work bench, now the place is spiffy. STFU!!

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

:wtf:    WTF are you talkin' about!! It took me all afternoon to clean my work bench, now the place is spiffy. STFU!!

To be honest I'm drunk but you always have a reason not to do something. You pussy bitch! Stop being a cunt naysayer!

4 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Shut up you trout looking perch bitch!!!  You are a garage failure!!

At least I didn't burn down my mother's garage, with my ATV battery fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

To be honest I'm drunk but you always have a reason not to do something. You pussy bitch! Stop being a cunt naysayer!

Hey, think about it, Spanky. Ya' got a nice truck, and you take it in the woods and rocks. What the fuck do ya' think is gonna' happen to that truck, sooner or later. 

Is it gonna' come out buffed and waxed, or scraped and pounded to shit?

Hey, it's his truck he can bang the shit out of it, I don't give a fuck. 

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

If and when you DO damage your truck, will you be a man and post the pic???  

I'm gonna try not to hurt it, but I already had to re-attach one of the lights after my second trip into the woods.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Proud new owner of a 1988 Toyota 4Runner boys! I know I'm not around much nowadays, but this called for a check in. The second pick is with my RC rock crawler than I have modeled after my old red Tacoma.

Solid axle swapped with a Toyota trussed axle, Chevy 62" leaf springs all around, 4.88 gears, ARB air lockers front and rear, roll cage, 9,000lbs winch, 35s... 22re 4 banger with a 5 speed, no rot to speak of on the frame or body.

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8553.jpg

It's nice to see that you've volunteered that Humvee for Ukraine

• Platinum Contributing Member

Off-roading would be fun.   Problem is the places are limited to do it.   Glad to see you are doing well. 

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, Wildboer said:

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8553.jpg

Nice rig. That thing will last forever with the 22re

10 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

thats why you have a vehicle you don't care about getting banged up and muddy.  I haven't put my rig on it's side fully yet but it's coming.  

8 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Be easy on uncle snotty, he's been fighting off ankle biters and is cranky:guzzle:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Wildboer said:

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8553.jpg

Nice rig! You got it packed full of speakers?? 

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

thats why you have a vehicle you don't care about getting banged up and muddy.  I haven't put my rig on it's side fully yet but it's coming.  

Did a full 6 side roll first month I had it...

17 hours ago, Wildboer said:

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8553.jpg

What is in there a 302

1 hour ago, ACE said:

What is in there a 302

2.4l, I imagine I'll swap something else into it down the road but this works for now.

9 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

It's nice to see that you've volunteered that Humvee for Ukraine

First thing I did after I bought it was drive it to my buddies house so I could do donuts in his field.

4 hours ago, HSR said:

Nice rig! You got it packed full of speakers?? 

Other than the head unit the stereo is stock, it gets the job done around town but you can't hear it for shit on the highway lol