Silverado Rear Blinker Failure

24 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

The dealer rust protection is a wax  based and definitely blocks drains and causes more rust.  I didn't know rust check was still in business. I haven't see on in years. 

There are 3 all within a half hour of me, and if I am reading it right, it sounds like there are still 286 in Ontario?

https://www.rustcheck.com/dealer-locator/  Just type in your postal code to see where the closest one to you is. 

Edited by irv

15 minutes ago, irv said:

There are 3 all within a half hour of me, and if I am reading it right, it sounds like there are still 286 in Ontario?

https://www.rustcheck.com/dealer-locator/  Just type in your postal code to see where the closest one to you is. 

I use to see a few driving around, krown took over one in Milton.   I wind up using krown yearly now.  

8 hours ago, irv said:

I was never so satisfied as I was the day I got rid of my lemon of an 09 Sierra. Like I said a few years ago, it will be years and years, if ever, that I own another GM truck. Worst truck I have ever owned.

Speaking of rust/corrosion issues, it amazes me more people, if available, don't get their vehicles undercoated every year. At the very least, especially with today's tin cans, get the garden hose up and under there and spray the shit out of it until all the dark dirty water disappears. This is a must, imo.

People are too lazy to bend over + wash the underside of a vehicle . . 

Salt , Silt get into every crack + crazy holding moisture accelerating the decay of metal. . . 

6 minutes ago, ICG said:

Salt , Silt get into every crack + crazy holding moisture accelerating the decay of metal. . . 

That, and some think taking their vehicle to a drive through monthly or regularly cleans underneath good enough too. I'll hose mine out underneath on mild days in the winter because that is when salt does its most damage. If it is real cold out, the rusting process slows or stops completely. That is why places in real cold climes don't use salt, just sand, because it doesn't work. 

29 minutes ago, ICG said:

i live in the mountains and drive through salt every day in the winter. got dosed less than a week ago along with the 8 inches of snow. washing underneath is not feasible . all we can do is start clean, protect, and after it finally warms up, clean again and protect. not that i don't clean it in the winter, just no way keeping it clean. you should see the trucks that don't protect or clean. my truck is an 11 and has zero rust anywhere. those sled trips every saturday are the extra doses it gets too. i drop the spare and get every nook and cranny, plus the spare hoist cable. then go forward. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold Member
On 4/26/2022 at 9:36 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

2018 Silverado RR Blinker Failure message pops up and I have the typical very fast blinking but the taillight portion of the bulb doesn’t work..no biggie buy some bulbs and replace and same thing is happening. Anybody have a tip or secret on how to fix this? Could the bulb socket be bad? Bad ground? Thanks in advance.

Curious did you ever get this fixed?