Anyone else more or less gave up on modern movies?

Rod

From extremely shallow, preachy writing, mostly nothing but CGI for eye candy mixed with little quips that are supposed to be funny, and modern hero’s that have the personality, soul and character development of a half dead cockroach. Just not much about modern television and entertainment is interesting anymore 

• Like 1

Yes!  It is a shame what they have done. At least before you could rely on indie movies, but not anymore.  The comedy is dead. Every new movie is just a infomercial on SJW ing. Absolutely nothing to with entertainment. 

• Like 1

Agreed ... it seems to be pretty far & few between when it comes to actual movies & my willingness to spend money on going to a movie theater.  I never thought I'd say it, but the majority of the good ones are actually kids movies (like Pixar type movies).  When Hollywood is so inept that all it can do is rely on remakes, you know it's worthless.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That was excellent 

My 18 year old daughters favorite movie, was pretty shocked when she said that

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

mines Remember the Titans for some reason which i mad eher watch one day and she loved it and will still watch it when it shows up on TV

23 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

There are some good ones out there still,..Ford vs Ferrari comes to mind as one of the best

Watched that flying to Jamaica,,,I was worried it wouldn't finish in time,,,I was ready to sit on the tarmac to watch the end but I didn't have to.Excellent movie!!!!

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The 24 Hour War is great documentary on that  :thumb: 

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

Watched that flying to Jamaica,,,I was worried it wouldn't finish in time,,,I was ready to sit on the tarmac to watch the end but I didn't have to.Excellent movie!!!!

ah jamaica. was great from what i remember...

• Haha 1

Been saying this for a long time.  Movies from the late 80s, 90s and into the very start of the 2000s relied on good writing, character and plot development, actual content.  Now its all about how far they can push the special effects and not much else.  Give me an 80s/90s comedy any day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

There are some good ones out there still,..Ford vs Ferrari comes to mind as one of the best

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

That was excellent 

It really was….Christian Bale as Ken Miles was some very good casting.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, low-1 said:

Been saying this for a long time.  Movies from the late 80s, 90s and into the very start of the 2000s relied on good writing, character and plot development, actual content.  Now its all about how far they can push the special effects and not much else.  Give me an 80s/90s comedy any day.

Still some good stuff out there but it seems rare.  Like Netflix paying big name actors to fluff up garbage scripts. Most Netflix produced movies are painfully bad 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Still some good stuff out there but it seems rare.  Like Netflix paying big name actors to fluff up garbage scripts. Most Netflix produced movies are painfully bad 

with the prerequisite gay angle and no random bare titties to hold interest if it is a snooser.

Plus half the movies are german/euro with dubbed in english 

27 minutes ago, low-1 said:

plus no cancel culture to end the actor's career. imagine making blazing saddles now. mel brooks told the actors back then it would likely end their acting career. back then no, today, yes

4 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

plus no cancel culture to end the actor's career. imagine making blazing saddles now. mel brooks told the actors back then it would likely end their acting career. back then no, today, yes

And that movie is still notable and funny. 

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It really was….Christian Bale as Ken Miles was some very good casting.

He nailed it

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

And that movie is still notable and funny. 

i own it on dvd. funny when folks have not seen it. i let them borrow the dvd. my girlfriend's HR manager was offended. come on man!

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

i own it on dvd. funny when folks have not seen it. i let them borrow the dvd. my girlfriend's HR manager was offended. come on man!

I gave it to my dad who likes westerns. Never told him what it was. I asked him a few days later what he thought of it and he just grinned and chuckled :lol: