Sidewinder vs vr1 boost

only the most die hard doo fan gurls thought the mach would run with the t-cat.  On paper it wasn't a race.....   The poo will be a different story, if it make the hp at the weight claimed, it will set records at the shootout this fall.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Will the Boost end up Being another Mach Z dud? Will Polaris show up? Is there life on Jupiter? Rational folk would say no! Jupiter is made up of Gases. The Mach Z kind of was a HUGE LETDOWN, and Polaris was MIA last year. Expecting nothing more.

There never was a spring run with the Mach Z vs SRX or the Tcat, this is different there is a video this time its not just a chest pounding wright up. Honestly I never gave it any consideration that the Mach Z would run with a Yamacat, this time its got me thinking?? Who gets my bet on a 800-1000' run?? All out lake top end run I got to go with the Yamacat.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, krom said:

only the most die hard doo fan gurls thought the mach would run with the t-cat.  On paper it wasn't a race.....   The poo will be a different story, if it make the hp at the weight claimed, it will set records at the shootout this fall.

Honest assessment. :bc: 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

And at the dealer ship for warranty claims. Turbo two stroke at sea level is like pouring water into acid. Going to be fun seeing the big spenders getting denied warranty claims. Might be the down fall of the mighty Poop.

8 hours ago, krom said:

Honestly with launch control I thought it would hang with the srx/TCat in et, but not in top speed.  The boost sounds impressive thusfar, we'll see if history repeats itself next year.  @airflite1 will have to start flying tent recon missions next fall and try to capture spy shots from the air of these elusive 2024 Cat's.  :lmao:

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Comes with every thundercat purchase 

3D14EDD2-3F76-49E9-A04E-C73ACD495A8A.jpeg

Jimmy needs a shave.

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Honestly with launch control I thought it would hang with the srx/TCat in et, but not in top speed.  The boost sounds impressive thusfar, we'll see if history repeats itself next year.  @airflite1 will have to start flying tent recon missions next fall and try to capture spy shots from the air of these elusive 2024 Cat's.  :lmao:

Jimmy needs a shave.

If they're going to release a new sled we'll see them next winter, they didn't go out of their way to hide the Blast before releasing it.

A turbo 2S sled is going to be hard to be consistent, performance wise, unless it’s ridden in perfect snow and weather conditions. Even then, Polaris will error on the side of warranty and there’s going to be people who will be pissed when it keeps pulling timing dumping off boost and adding fuel to save itself. 

I always said that a 2S low elevation turbo would never work great but if it was attempted, you’d need some pretty serious engine management. I think Polaris has the engine management part onboard now so they figured fuck it, give the masses what they are asking for. 

I will be completely honest with you though, I’m over the fact that the more names they give a sled, the higher end it is in their spectrum. Indy VR1 Patriot Boost. RMK Kahos Slash Patriot Boost. It’s word salad.

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

With modern engine control there is no reason that these can't be dialed in to be reliable.  Look at all the auto manufacturers making teeny boosted motors with big power.  Yes, they have a lot more experience so I am not super keen on year one....but I wouldn't buy a year one anything in particular from one of those said auto manufacturers.  

9 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

With modern engine control there is no reason that these can't be dialed in to be reliable.  Look at all the auto manufacturers making teeny boosted motors with big power.  Yes, they have a lot more experience so I am not super keen on year one....but I wouldn't buy a year one anything in particular from one of those said auto manufacturers.  

That’s what I’m saying. Polaris will error on the side if warranty costs with the engine calibration. They are using similar controllers to the auto industry now. 

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

A turbo 2S sled is going to be hard to be consistent, performance wise, unless it’s ridden in perfect snow and weather conditions. Even then, Polaris will error on the side of warranty and there’s going to be people who will be pissed when it keeps pulling timing dumping off boost and adding fuel to save itself. 

I always said that a 2S low elevation turbo would never work great but if it was attempted, you’d need some pretty serious engine management. I think Polaris has the engine management part onboard now so they figured fuck it, give the masses what they are asking for. 

I will be completely honest with you though, I’m over the fact that the more names they give a sled, the higher end it is in their spectrum. Indy VR1 Patriot Boost. RMK Kahos Slash Patriot Boost. It’s word salad.

This is why Gym ordered a Khaos Slash 9R.  Gym is a simpleton.  Gym doesn't want to carry around a thesaurus to identify other snowmobiles.  Gym won't extirpate roost.  Gym will spray roost.

Just now, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym would welcome you to drive around the wonderful roads and bridges of Norman County.  Gym likes visitors.  

I hear there is a real douchebag that holds roads signs there.  Can you spray him with roost for us the next time you see him?

5 hours ago, airflite1 said:

If they're going to release a new sled we'll see them next winter, they didn't go out of their way to hide the Blast before releasing it.

So you're not doing tent recon?

1 hour ago, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym would welcome you to drive around the wonderful roads and bridges of Norman County.  Gym likes visitors.  

:lmao:

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

the big difference is that those cars are direct injected 4 strokes. even the 4 stroke sleds cant get the reliability and power of modern automotive engines without high pressure direct injection.

18 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Comes with every thundercat purchase 

3D14EDD2-3F76-49E9-A04E-C73ACD495A8A.jpeg

God those shirts are so classless.

And the dimwits that buy them 110% fit the bill too.  Probably are still making monthly payments on their 2007 Crossfire 800 with a mountain can and a hideous wrap on the credit card at 29.99% APR.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tommcat said:

the big difference is that those cars are direct injected 4 strokes. even the 4 stroke sleds cant get the reliability and power of modern automotive engines without high pressure direct injection.

150k mi on my 6.2 which is making tons of power and has been reliable without DI.  The DI definitely helps but no reason with a modern computer you can't maintain a safe tune in all conditions.  Definitely won't be as efficient, but it should be able to live.  I am not buying a first year regardless...

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

God those shirts are so classless.

And the dimwits that buy them 110% fit the bill too.  Probably are still making monthly payments on their 2007 Crossfire 800 with a mountain can and a hideous wrap on the credit card at 29.99% APR.

I wonder how many roached out F7s they have rotting out in the trailer park lot?