Used parts scam

Be leery of guys advertising used parts and that they been scrapping sleds for years and you should "Message them".  Seen where one of the ads has one of my old pics in where I was comparing the stock snow flap on an Assault to a SKS snow flap.  In another ad they have a picture of a friend of mine that does scrap out sleds and a pic from one of his ads from a while ago.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Doug said:

Be leery of guys advertising used parts and that they been scrapping sleds for years and you should "Message them".  Seen where one of the ads has one of my old pics in where I was comparing the stock snow flap on an Assault to a SKS snow flap.  In another ad they have a picture of a friend of mine that does scrap out sleds and a pic from one of his ads from a while ago.

Might help to post some links

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dsupercat said:

Might help to post some links

There's multiple ads from different people on Facebook in multiple forums (Maytrx, Wisconsin snowmobile group etc) all basically says the same thing.  Been scraping out snowmobiles for years "message me".  Once you message them they basically give you the runaround trying to get you to send money.  Maybe some are legit but all of these are new members of the forums, scraping out sleds for years.  If you ask questions in comments the only reply is to message them.

Funny when I seen my picture in one of there ads and a friend that does scrap out sleds stopped over and said they had used one of his pictures from one of his old ads.  He tried to question them they just replied to message them.

Throwing up a caution flag here so nobody gets burned.

Update.  Just looked on the Polaris Axys Matryx 850, etc riders and also on the Official Wisconsin snowmobile enthusiast club where some the ads were from different people different pictures and basically the same "been parting sleds out for years"  and both have been removed 

Edited by Doug

Same exact ad as the other day and before that with a different person and again new member the forum.  Always request PM's and will not answer anything in comments other than requesting a PM.

May be legit but I would be very cautious

Scam.jpg