I'm bored ...

54 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Pretty bad the image of your product to the people buying requires a list like that. 90% of the changes were to make it work right. 

you and @taperk600 should give them your fix lists on the 12's & 13's

I will say Kale put an impressive list together. I'll also say here (and already did there) show us the sales #'s for ZR's from 2012 until 2022, my bet is they've done nothing but decrease.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I will say Kale put an impressive list together. I'll also say here (and already did there) show us the sales #'s for ZR's from 2012 until 2022, my bet is they've done nothing but decrease.

The fix was buy a 2014 with everything fixed from cat 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What is your in dipshit? He is at the factory almost every week! You? I read it on the internet so it must be true? Krommer will be here to back you up I am a guessing. Custodian to clean up your fucking mess I say. 

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

What did the newer ones fix after?  The list to me doesn't include anything of value.  I'd rather have the zuke.

Basically how the 2014 came from the factory made the procross work. They sold about everything they did to the 2014 as bolt on kits for a fee to 12 and 13 owners. How the 2014 was should have been how the 2012 should have been.

• Like 1

having had a 2012, 2014 x2 , 2016 , and a 2022 procross I can say the 2014 still wasn't right , and the 2016 was drastically better driveline wise but lost its top end compared to my 12 800. 

2022 with the adapt clutches is awesome. I'm planning on putting the adapt setup on my 16 frankensled. 

I hear Tesla doesn't have a marketing department.  With Elon, they don't need one.  The guy is a marketing machine.

Perception is 99% of reality.  If buyers perceive that big changes have been made, then they have.  That's why Ski Doo and Polaris keep introducing new chassis.

Does it really matter?  Are there that many people who were dissatisfied with the Gen IV or AXYS?  I'll bet not - I'll bet buyers were excited because it was new and they simply believed that made it better.

My point is that Cat failed the marketing game....  so far.  To me, it's that simple, and it's reversible.  Their marketing is pathetic, but that can be changed.  All they need is someone with a vision.  Unfortunately, all they have is one guy who doesn't even work for Cat.

On 4/12/2022 at 12:34 PM, Bontz said:

There, I feel better now .. I covered the majority of Team Green (sorry to those of you I omitted)

:finger:

On 4/12/2022 at 2:43 PM, krom said:

had 2 customers of ours who got sick of waiting for something new, order a 650.  One was around $17k, it fouled 11 sets of plugs, and left him stranded with a coolant leak.

The other popped an engine under 200 miles into the year.

The one I knew of started leak oil out the crank seals at a couple thousand miles.  He didn't know the exact mileage though since the 7S display didn't work.

On 4/12/2022 at 3:09 PM, Not greg b said:

I am waiting on 699cc 3x3 2 stroke lynx will have. Because they are expensive and triple 2 strokes make things more expensive 

Sled of the year.  Only took a 2nd mortgage on the house to buy it.  Should be paid off in 10 years, 15 max.

image.thumb.png.b267da542688b58de35b1d4116928946.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/14/2022 at 9:28 AM, teamgreen02 said:

The one I knew of started leak oil out the crank seals at a couple thousand miles.  He didn't know the exact mileage though since the 7S display didn't work.

Sled of the year.  Only took a 2nd mortgage on the house to buy it.  Should be paid off in 10 years, 15 max.

If things stay as they are (likely) you'll be able to ride it next year and sell it for close to what you paid.... unless the Covid economy bubble bursts (likely) or we have a low snow winter.  

I'm pondering getting a 602 kit, kid at d&d informs me they might do another run and the bone stock 500 is at 6k... 🤔

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

If things stay as they are (likely) you'll be able to ride it next year and sell it for close to what you paid.... unless the Covid economy bubble bursts (likely) or we have a low snow winter.  

I'm pondering getting a 602 kit, kid at d&d informs me they might do another run and the bone stock 500 is at 6k... 🤔

Make sure to buy 10 sets of pistons and 2 extra cylinders 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Did he buy a late 200x Poo?  A ctec 2?  Both would garner saving up on pistons...

No he likes buying things pistons and cylinders are impossible to find. Ctechs parts flow like water as they are super reliable 

On 4/13/2022 at 7:39 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

My one long time Cat buddy put his ‘16 ZR8 into a tree, sold it for cash/parts, took his loss, and walked away. He says the only other Cat that he will ever own is the 2001 ZR8 still sitting in his barn. He had nothing but problems with that ‘16. 

4 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

My one long time Cat buddy put his ‘16 ZR8 into a tree, sold it for cash/parts, took his loss, and walked away. He says the only other Cat that he will ever own is the 2001 ZR8 still sitting in his barn. He had nothing but problems with that ‘16. 

My '14 ZR 8 Suzuki was excellent, with the exception of the tri-hub and its aftermarket replacement.  My '20 ZR 8 has been flawless (knock on wood) with the exception of the shitty stock fuel mapping.  Flashed it and it's much better.  Otherwise normal maintenance and it runs great.  I'll ride it for another year and see what's out there then...  Maybe a turbo something, who knows?!

On 4/14/2022 at 9:28 AM, teamgreen02 said:

Keep an eye on the track tension and tunnel protectors (according to this).
https://www.dootalk.com/threads/track-issues.1619776/

They have a Lynx trail forum over on DoobyTalk apparently... https://www.dootalk.com/forums/lynx-trail.1102/

On 4/13/2022 at 7:39 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

I couldn't list the number of parts broke / replaced on my 12..... not quite as many on the 13 because it had the (shitty geometry) "RR" skid... but other places still failed. 

Kale did do a good job on that list, but there were a couple mistakes and a lot of redundancy in listing "updates" .... and a few things missed too.... but I'm not getting into what's right/wrong/missing. Just don't care enough. After 16 ProCross sleds, I'm done with it ...... As good as it is, FINALLY, it's time for the excuses to stop from Textron and the new chassis to come out.

On 4/14/2022 at 8:22 AM, fortune46x said:

having had a 2012, 2014 x2 , 2016 , and a 2022 procross I can say the 2014 still wasn't right , and the 2016 was drastically better driveline wise but lost its top end compared to my 12 800. 

2022 with the adapt clutches is awesome. I'm planning on putting the adapt setup on my 16 frankensled. 

Agree.... the 14 was the 1st real step to "fix" the issues, but in my 10000% honest opinion, it wasn't until 16s & 17s that the chassis was "right" and after the front end improvements in 2020, the sled hasn't changed enough.... except for the new primary... that DOES work

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

They have a Lynx trail forum over on DoobyTalk apparently... https://www.dootalk.com/forums/lynx-trail.1102/

Cat has a 4 piston option caliper. Or should I say had. 

19 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I've been watching the tunnel protectors. So far so good.  A fix is in the works apparently.  BRP said to run it with them loose and they'd cover everything.

The track was loose at 250 miles when I bought it.  Tightened up and aligned it when I got it home and now at 750 it's still good.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I've been watching the tunnel protectors. So far so good.  A fix is in the works apparently.  BRP said to run it with them loose and they'd cover everything.

The track was loose at 250 miles when I bought it.  Tightened up and aligned it when I got it home and now at 750 it's still good.

How do you like it so far? 

Have you posted videos of yourself riding wheelies on the ACTR Facebook page yet?  :)

On 4/12/2022 at 4:28 PM, Bontz said:

If I were keeping mine for another season, the only item I'd be concerned with is what appears to be even shittier bearings that what Polaris typically has used in the past.  Blame it on COVID, I guess?  Guys talking about jackshaft bearings failing in less than 1000 miles ... that's bullshit.  Other than that, it really is a good sled & even more so for guys who are used to 600 class power.

this... is also completely unacceptable
https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/chaincase-full-of-ice.1885882/