I'm bored ...

Tired of all the bullshit in the CE forum with the same crap regurgitated over and over - so just gonna throw this out there.

@mnstang - It's been way too long since we've had the chance to butt heads so I'm just gonna say .... screw you, Cat sucks!! :lol:

@krom - keep up the good fight with the Rammer and putting him in his place :thumbsup:

@Crnr2Crnr - be extra attentive driving on the road, now that it's UTV season again.  I don't wanna see any Tahoe vehicles tailgating me when I'm up north the next several months!

@Zambroski - I know you're still lurking out there, Scooter.  GFY :lol2:

@fortune46x - F7!!!

There, I feel better now .. I covered the majority of Team Green (sorry to those of you I omitted)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Tired of all the bullshit in the CE forum with the same crap regurgitated over and over - so just gonna throw this out there.

@mnstang - It's been way too long since we've had the chance to butt heads so I'm just gonna say .... screw you, Cat sucks!! :lol:

@krom - keep up the good fight with the Rammer and putting him in his place :thumbsup:

@Crnr2Crnr - be extra attentive driving on the road, now that it's UTV season again.  I don't wanna see any Tahoe vehicles tailgating me when I'm up north the next several months!

@fortune46x - F7!!!

There, I feel better now .. I covered the majority of Team Green (sorry to those of you I omitted)

Edited by fortune46x

37 minutes ago, Bontz said:

@fortune46x - F7!!!

How about giving us a full review of your 650 so that i know if i should buy one or not.:sup:

36 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

How about giving us a full review of your 650 so that i know if i should buy one or not.:sup:

All you need to know is, I snowchecked a '23 XC 850 to replace my '22 XCR650 :whistle:  Wanna buy it - only has about 650 miles on it? LOL

Ultimately, I missed the 850 more than I thought I would - and - I want to try a Matryx model with Fox QS3's

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bontz said:

All you need to know is, I snowchecked a '23 XC 850 to replace my '22 XCR650 :whistle:  Wanna buy it - only has about 650 miles on it? LOL

Ultimately, I missed the 850 more than I thought I would - and - I want to try a Matryx model with Fox QS3's

Kinda disappointed to see that, because I thought a 650 might be the ticket.

How about that fancy pants digital display?

had 2 customers of ours who got sick of waiting for something new, order a 650.  One was around $17k, it fouled 11 sets of plugs, and left him stranded with a coolant leak.

The other popped an engine under 200 miles into the year.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, krom said:

had 2 customers of ours who got sick of waiting for something new, order a 650.  One was around $17k, it fouled 11 sets of plugs, and left him stranded with a coolant leak.

Krom I sure do miss your doom and gloom stories.  You sure know a lot of people to that ride Polaris and Ski-Doo.  Not many that ride cats though.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
24 minutes ago, krom said:

LOL you fucking tool shed....  Here is what cat is good for.  Theft deterrence!!!

IMG_20130126_134101.jpg

IMG_20130126_134409.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

850 miles on my 21 650 vr1 and it fouled 3 sets of plugs during break in, been good since.  I blame it on my 11yo son taking it for short rips around the yard, everytime a plug fouled was during warmup after he rode it last

Edited by Boonbocker1

1 hour ago, krom said:

Remember when you said they were rebuilding 850's in tents on the plants parking lots so I flew around videoing the plant and there weren't any tents, that was awesome..😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

Kinda disappointed to see that, because I thought a 650 might be the ticket.

How about that fancy pants digital display?

If there were no lakes to ride where higher speeds are normal (cruising at 75mph or more), and it was strictly trail riding through the woods ... the 650 is legit.  But I missed my 850 for cruising (and WOT runs) the lake and fuel consumption in those situations aren't great with the smaller engine.  The other aspect that I missed was, when ditch riding and getting to some of the driveways and field approaches, it's just not the same "grunt" that a person has with the 800/850 sleds.  Maybe if I were 150 pounds it would be great, but add another 100 to that with gear (well, all honesty, add another 25 on top of that :lol2:) the 650 just ain't made for bigger folks.  Last, but not least, I don't know why it is but the warm-up time that it takes is annoying as hell.  I'm pretty picky about not moving my sled until it hits 90 degrees ... the 650 takes a while to get up to that temp if it's been sitting in the cold for a while.  I do love the XCR package (and the 7s), but I missed the 850 engine.

1 hour ago, krom said:

That's odd ... between myself and my buddy's sled that he bought for his family to use (that one's a VR1) both had zero spark plug issues.  Maybe the guy you know, didn't like waiting for the sled to warm up like he should have.  Or, that story is just another one of your BS stories you like to come up with and exaggerating a wee bit? :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

Phuck, guess i better cancel my order then!!!!:dontknow:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Phuck, guess i better cancel my order then!!!!:dontknow:

If I were keeping mine for another season, the only item I'd be concerned with is what appears to be even shittier bearings that what Polaris typically has used in the past.  Blame it on COVID, I guess?  Guys talking about jackshaft bearings failing in less than 1000 miles ... that's bullshit.  Other than that, it really is a good sled & even more so for guys who are used to 600 class power.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bontz said:

If I were keeping mine for another season, the only item I'd be concerned with is what appears to be even shittier bearings that what Polaris typically has used in the past.  Blame it on COVID, I guess?  Guys talking about jackshaft bearings failing in less than 1000 miles ... that's bullshit.  Other than that, it really is a good sled & even more so for guys who are used to 600 class power.

Great, now what am I going to use for the 50mph charity challenge race with Ramstupid?   

Did the same bean counters that specd the bearings in these use to work for Cat?  On the snopros when the jackshaft bearing goes you can potentially ruin both clutches, because of an undersized $10 bearing. 

NSR has the fix for the shitty poo bearings so there's that.  Cannot believe in this day and age they cannot get bearings that will last.  I have not worried about drive bearings in more than 15 years.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Great, now what am I going to use for the 50mph charity challenge race with Ramstupid?   

Did the same bean counters that specd the bearings in these use to work for Cat?  On the snopros when the jackshaft bearing goes you can potentially ruin both clutches, because of an undersized $10 bearing. 

B last 

46 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Did you see the $7000 2018 RXC in MN yet?  3700 miles.

Whether he was claiming Cat was second in sales or that only a handful of 2012 Cats that his dealership sold had belt issues, krom was far from a trustworthy source on HCS. I used to have fun using actual evidence to bust all his lies, but then I received a private message from someone who knows him, telling me to go easy on him for certain reasons. I stopped replying to his posts after that because it was the right thing to do. Part of me is impressed that he's now slinging BS here and probably expecting people to believe his every word. Part of me is also impressed that he STILL spends 98% of his time bashing Pol (and sometimes Doo) and 2% of his time trying to build up Cat's image. Polaris continues to dominate his every thought.

By the way, I know three Cat guys who wanted to buy Cat 800s but had to buy 600s instead. They each paid . . . umm . . . $30,000. One of the guys fouled twenty sets of spark plugs in five miles and then ended up getting stranded because of a brake cylinder leak. Another one had his engine pop with .2 miles on it. The third guy's sled fell apart after it was taken out of the crate. Every single component fell off.  (Hey, this is the Internet. It's easy to make up stories.)

Edited by CaddisFly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

NSR has the fix for the shitty poo bearings so there's that.  Cannot believe in this day and age they cannot get bearings that will last.  I have not worried about drive bearings in more than 15 years.

Me neither.  Last sled was a 2021 VR1 6300 miles no issues.  Haven't needed to change a jackshaft or driveshaft bearing on a Polaris since 2004.

We could talk about isoflex bearings. Rather change a jackshaft bearing than a bottom end?

I know I know.....but not on a 4 stroke

2 hours ago, CaddisFly said:

Whether he was claiming Cat was second in sales or that only a handful of 2012 Cats that his dealership sold had belt issues, krom was far from a trustworthy source on HCS. I used to have fun using actual evidence to bust all his lies, but then I received a private message from someone who knows him, telling me to go easy on him for certain reasons. I stopped replying to his posts after that because it was the right thing to do. Part of me is impressed that he's now slinging BS here and probably expecting people to believe his every word. Part of me is also impressed that he STILL spends 98% of his time bashing Pol (and sometimes Doo) and 2% of his time trying to build up Cat's image. Polaris continues to dominate his every thought.

By the way, I know three Cat guys who wanted to buy Cat 800s but had to buy 600s instead. They each paid . . . umm . . . $30,000. One of the guys fouled twenty sets of spark plugs in five miles and then ended up getting stranded because of a brake cylinder leak. Another one had his engine pop with .2 miles on it. The third guy's sled fell apart after it was taken out of the crate. Every single component fell off.  (Hey, this is the Internet. It's easy to make up stories.)

I really thought Krom and Jimmy would be best friends..😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Me neither.  Last sled was a 2021 VR1 6300 miles no issues.  Haven't needed to change a jackshaft or driveshaft bearing on a Polaris since 2004.

We could talk about isoflex bearings. Rather change a jackshaft bearing than a bottom end?

I know I know.....but not on a 4 stroke

Isoflex - definitely a bad deal for some and Doo definitely has their share of issues but the bearing issue for Poo is real and I know exactly why they are having it.  I own Poo products on the dirt side and there are real issues there as well.  Most of them have work arounds just like everyone with failing bearings on new Poo sleds are working around them by pulling the seals and greasing or by making them greaseable or putting decent bearings in that should have been there in the first place or just letting the dealer take care of it under warranty - for now.

There is no doubt Poo likes to cut corners and see just how far they can push the penny pinching game and get away with it.  It sucks when it's your 10, 20, 30 or 40K toy that suffers because of it.  I will be replacing my RZR soon.  This one is number three.  It will take a lot to get me to spend more of my own hard earned cash on another one.  They USED to be the only game in town for certain performance aspects in this category but the others have caught up and in many aspects surpassed them.

No manufacturer of any of my toys has ever paid me to own them.  I have no real love for any of them and could care less what brand toy is in my shed as long as it does what I expect of it.  At the point where Poo can prove to me they have overcome some of the stupid little things they do when manufacturing their toys I may own a sled.  My dealers have always sold all brands and I test ride every opportunity I get but initial "fun factor" alone is never enough to earn my cash.

38 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I really thought Krom and Jimmy would be best friends..😂😂😂

It's just another MADCATTER cat fight we see every year.  They probably already made up and are comparing notes on all the pre snow check orders 

Cats.jpg