1 In 3 Dollars In Circulation And Covid

• Platinum Contributing Member

So I just heard that 1 in 3 dollars currently in circulation have been printed since Covid started…does that sound possible or correct?🤷🏻

I know the stimulus has been massive but goddamn.😳

38 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So I just heard that 1 in 3 dollars currently in circulation have been printed since Covid started…does that sound possible or correct?🤷🏻

I think someone is pulling your leg.

Very little monies would have actually been "printed".

How much money was handed out due to covid freebies is significant from a budget standpoint, but far less so from a wealth standpoint.

I suppose if one took the actual printed dollars and dollars in savings accounts etc, in circulation and compared it to how much covid spending went on that is well within reason.

I googled it. It's accurate from the above point of view.

Edited by Voodoo
  • Thanks 1

Who says wedont have a spending problem....the economy was already over heating from the first round of covid craziness,  then then decide to add 2.1 trillion on top of it.....thank God they scuddled the New green deal that would of been devastating. 

Hopefully people will look at this proposed budget and just say NO.

The Fed has something like $9 trillion on its balance sheet. The US new Budget is $5.6 trillion for 2023. Thats up like $800 billion so what do you think all this inflation could be from? 

34 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I think someone is pulling your leg.

Very little monies would have actually been "printed".

How much money was handed out due to covid freebies is significant from a budget standpoint, but far less so from a wealth standpoint.

I suppose if one took the actual printed dollars and dollars in savings accounts etc, in circulation and compared it to how much covid spending went on that is well within reason.

I googled it. It's accurate from the above point of view.

I heard it on the radio at work  and did a double take which is why I asked if this is even possible.🤷🏻

I wonder if this is all twisted around some false assumptions. 

Just checked, the average lifespan of a $1 bill is 6.6 years. For a $5, it is 5.7 I think. When banks get bills that are tattered or worn, they are processed (by the Fed??) and destroyed, and replaced with new. 

Based on that in the 2+ years since Covid started, about 1/3 of the bills would have been taken out of circulation and replaced anyway. 

They may not be saying that there are 1/3 more bills (by value) in circulation than there was before Covid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I heard it on the radio at work  and did a double take which is why I asked if this is even possible.🤷🏻

100% true....this is the M1 money supply graph.

Screenshot_20220330-094721_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Catalina said:

I wonder if this is all twisted around some false assumptions. 

Just checked, the average lifespan of a $1 bill is 6.6 years. For a $5, it is 5.7 I think. When banks get bills that are tattered or worn, they are processed (by the Fed??) and destroyed, and replaced with new. 

Based on that in the 2+ years since Covid started, about 1/3 of the bills would have been taken out of circulation and replaced anyway. 

They may not be saying that there are 1/3 more bills (by value) in circulation than there was before Covid.

Better materials should be used in paper money. That would keep the treasury from printing so much excess money-that could get inflation under control. Kevlar fibers in money is my suggestion. 

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

100% true....this is the M1 money supply graph.

Screenshot_20220330-094721_Chrome.jpg

I wonder why inflation is running at 10% right now?

At the same time, there has been a major shift from demand for services to demand for goods.  I'm staying out of the real estate debacle, continuing to invest in Puppy index equities, driving old cars, and keeping a strong cash position. 

People are getting caught up in the madness of new vehicle and home prices.  I'm sitting this one out.

1075858201_fredgraph(1).thumb.png.dcc135d9b3b26a8708c14483abb4617f.png

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Better materials should be used in paper money. That would keep the treasury from printing so much excess money-that could get inflation under control. Kevlar fibers in money is my suggestion. 

Well the paper used to be made with some scraps of Levi s jeans. Ever since you cheap Chinese loving cocksuckers started demanding $17 jeans the things are not made from cotton anymore 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Check your wallet.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s true and I’ve mentioned it. The fed crossed every red line making sure rich people didn’t lose any wealth. Now we are all paying for that