Vending machine service

Does anyone here do anything with vending machines? My company bought the other part of a building that is attached to ours a few years back. There was a pepsi machine left there and I was told I could have it. But of course we cant find the key. Machine plugs in and works, even has the dollar bill receiver on it. I am wondering if anyone can steer me in the way to get a new key? The lock says something around it but we cant make it out. Maybe a sticker on the side? 

20220322_125303.jpg

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Do you have a safe? Could try that key. It may be generic

I do, but its a normal key, not the round style. I have been trying round style random keys for quite a while, nothing has worked. Company wants it gone so now I gotta find one

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

I do, but its a normal key, not the round style. I have been trying round style random keys for quite a while, nothing has worked. Company wants it gone so now I gotta find one

any idea on age?

3 minutes ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

Can't move it without the key?

4 minutes ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

Google it, most locks can be drilled out, then you can order a new lock set up from amazon or e bay. when the lock is drilled out the t handle should pop out then you turn the handle to finish opening it up. may be check out the lock picking lawyer on youtube he covers all kinds of different locks and how to pick or defeat the locks.

Edited by Jerry 976
  • Like 1

Just now, SHADOSPRIT said:

I can but dont really want to get into a huge project....figured if i can get key it will be plug in fill with beer!!

If you're not worried about relocking it drill the lock out - lockpickinglawyer - youtube

5 minutes ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

I can but dont really want to get into a huge project....figured if i can get key it will be plug in fill with beer!!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DUTKC7_UBKAo&ved=2ahUKEwjMtr-z8un2AhUqTDABHUJpCtMQwqsBegQIAxAE&usg=AOvVaw2AW-13jgBDgFCmX2lb7e9Q

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

Does anyone here do anything with vending machines? My company bought the other part of a building that is attached to ours a few years back. There was a pepsi machine left there and I was told I could have it. But of course we cant find the key. Machine plugs in and works, even has the dollar bill receiver on it. I am wondering if anyone can steer me in the way to get a new key? The lock says something around it but we cant make it out. Maybe a sticker on the side? 

20220322_125303.jpg

See that slotted area? Drill it through with a 1/8” high speed bit. Some are hardened so you may need some hone oil to keep the bit cool and cutting. Sometimes you get lucky and it’ll pop open after drilling it through. Most of the time you’ll need to give the center a few raps with a hammer and small drift. 

• Gold Member
55 minutes ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

Call a locksmith, they must be able to open that easily.

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Call a locksmith, they must be able to open that easily.

lock smiths are expensive. Drill baby drill! He can get a brand new lock with keys for 9.99 on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Vending-Machine-Keyed-Alike-Snack/dp/B082MPLW19/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B082MPLW19&th=1

• Gold Member
Just now, Big Crappie said:

lock smiths are expensive. Drill baby drill! He can get a brand new lock with keys for 9.99 on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Vending-Machine-Keyed-Alike-Snack/dp/B082MPLW19/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B082MPLW19&th=1

I would agree, its a vending machine not exactly fort knox.

1 hour ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

20220322_125303.jpg

Ask a Pepsi refiller dude.

9 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

No shit. Easy peasy. I worked in vending from "80-"86. Locks would occasionally fail. Drill em out and replace it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

Looking closely I believe it says 3/8" drill bit 

If you're not trying to be quiet a nice sized ball peen hammer will blow that thing apart in a couple shots..