My Polaris Order has shipped! Gee Thanks.....

Ziemann

My original Ship date was moved back to December, then January.....and then... you get the idea. Fortunately, my dealer found me a sled that someone had backed out of, and I took deliver back on 12/29. Fortunately, I didn't miss much riding this season. So, I received the shipping email today for my originally order sled..... LOLOL.... Gee thanks...

I'm glad to have a great dealer that took care of me. 

It's on the way! Your dealer will contact you about pick-up.   |   Trouble viewing this email?

POLARIS
SnowCheck

Requested

Confirmed

Shipped

It's on the way!

Hi Bryan – Your new snowmobile is complete and has shipped from the factory in Roseau, Minnesota to DULUTH LAWN & SPORT INC. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the dealership to complete the final setup, and they will contact you directly when it's ready for pick-up.

You will also receive a second email from us in the next couple of days with an exclusive SnowCheck accessory offer. Be sure to use the coupon to complete your accessory purchase when you pick up your sled.

From everyone at Polaris Snowmobiles, thank you for your purchase, and we hope you have a great season on your new sled!

– The Polaris Team

Vehicle Selected

2022 650 INDY XC 129

650 Patriot

Model #: S22TKP6RS

Order Shipped: Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Order Number: 38E200AE0E

Your New VIN:   SN1TKP6R0NC228010

• Like 1

Good grief .... wow!!  Can you imagine if you had to actually wait, Bryan? :wall:  What did they end up claiming as the delay, was it the QS3's?  That's the one item that I'm a little nervous about with the '23 I have potentially ordered ... I went with the XC because I want to give the QS3's a shot.  At least you have a dealer who knew how to take care of you :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, Ziemann said:

My original Ship date was moved back to December, then January.....and then... you get the idea. Fortunately, my dealer found me a sled that someone had backed out of, and I took deliver back on 12/29. Fortunately, I didn't miss much riding this season. So, I received the shipping email today for my originally order sled..... LOLOL.... Gee thanks...

I'm glad to have a great dealer that took care of me. 

It's on the way! Your dealer will contact you about pick-up.   |   Trouble viewing this email?

POLARIS
SnowCheck

Requested

Confirmed

Shipped

It's on the way!

Hi Bryan – Your new snowmobile is complete and has shipped from the factory in Roseau, Minnesota to DULUTH LAWN & SPORT INC. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the dealership to complete the final setup, and they will contact you directly when it's ready for pick-up.

You will also receive a second email from us in the next couple of days with an exclusive SnowCheck accessory offer. Be sure to use the coupon to complete your accessory purchase when you pick up your sled.

From everyone at Polaris Snowmobiles, thank you for your purchase, and we hope you have a great season on your new sled!

– The Polaris Team

Vehicle Selected

2022 650 INDY XC 129

650 Patriot

Model #: S22TKP6RS

Order Shipped: Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Order Number: 38E200AE0E

Your New VIN:   SN1TKP6R0NC228010

LOL. Are you still taking it?  Could be like a 2 for 1 sale

41 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Good grief .... wow!!  Can you imagine if you had to actually wait, Bryan? :wall:  What did they end up claiming as the delay, was it the QS3's?  That's the one item that I'm a little nervous about with the '23 I have potentially ordered ... I went with the XC because I want to give the QS3's a shot.  At least you have a dealer who knew how to take care of you :thumbsup:

Chris did you go with the same dealer.  I know you had some concerns with the new dealer last year

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Chris did you go with the same dealer.  I know you had some concerns with the new dealer last year

Oh God no ... I won't step foot in that place, ever again, if possible.  The dealer I went through is another smaller dealer, similar to my former one - the only negative is, they're about an hour away from home and in the wrong direction (south).  

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

Oh God no ... I won't step foot in that place, ever again, if possible.  The dealer I went through is another smaller dealer, similar to my former one - the only negative is, they're about an hour away from home and in the wrong direction (south).  

My smaller dealer was at across road.  Stay the same and maintain or go bigger.  They went bigger last year but maintained the small dealer atmosphere to take care of their customers.  My snowcheck came in on a Monday afternoon with 2 other sleds.  Their main tech stayed late Monday night to get all 3 sleds setup and texted me Monday night when mine was done.  The dealership opens @ 9 or 10 in the morning but I was there @ 7:00 picking up my sled and on the way home by 7:30 with it in the trailer.

A good dealer and dealer relationship is well worth it even if they may not be the lowest cost.  We have a local dealer 15 minutes away that I will not step foot for various reasons.  My dealer is 1/2 hour away that I will gladly drive to.   

• Like 3

9 hours ago, p51mstg said:

It means a lot knowing where the good dealers are.

Exactly- Dealer is now more important than ever. @Doug - Negative, I am not going to take it. I did however ask my wife about it. She has a '17 ZR8000 (last of the Suzuki 800's). She said hell no.... She loves her ZR. She did have the opportunity to ride my Polaris VR-1 a couple of times this winter. Although she liked the seating position, she felt that the Matryx was extremely cold to ride even with the mid windshield. When I rode hers, I agreed with her 100%. The Procross with the LXR windshield is a much warmer sled to ride. Because you sit so much further back from the windshield, and up, you definitely are much more exposed to the elements. Frankly, it is my single biggest complaint about the Matryx. Polaris marketed the "bubble" of warm air when riding the Matryx, and marketed it as a warm sled. That is nothing more than marketing fluff. I am going to end up with a Grandpa (probably from Powermadd) windshield for the first time in my life.....

@Bontz - I believe that the QS3's have been the hold up from what I have been told. It was the QS3's that made me order the XC in the first place. I absolutely loved those shocks on my Roger Skime. Hell, I'd consider trading my WE Velocity shocks for the QS3's. 

With that said, now that I have a VR-1 with the 7S display, I don't think that I can ever go back. I absolutely love that display. I down played it and thought it was stupid as hell before I owned a 7S. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

Exactly- Dealer is now more important than ever. @Doug - Negative, I am not going to take it. I did however ask my wife about it. She has a '17 ZR8000 (last of the Suzuki 800's). She said hell no.... She loves her ZR. She did have the opportunity to ride my Polaris VR-1 a couple of times this winter. Although she liked the seating position, she felt that the Matryx was extremely cold to ride even with the mid windshield. When I rode hers, I agreed with her 100%. The Procross with the LXR windshield is a much warmer sled to ride. Because you sit so much further back from the windshield, and up, you definitely are much more exposed to the elements. Frankly, it is my single biggest complaint about the Matryx. Polaris marketed the "bubble" of warm air when riding the Matryx, and marketed it as a warm sled. That is nothing more than marketing fluff. I am going to end up with a Grandpa (probably from Powermadd) windshield for the first time in my life.....

@Bontz - I believe that the QS3's have been the hold up from what I have been told. It was the QS3's that made me order the XC in the first place. I absolutely loved those shocks on my Roger Skime. Hell, I'd consider trading my WE Velocity shocks for the QS3's. 

With that said, now that I have a VR-1 with the 7S display, I don't think that I can ever go back. I absolutely love that display. I down played it and thought it was stupid as hell before I owned a 7S. 

Glad to hear you ended up happy with the VR1 (minus the cold), Bryan ... especially knowing you jumped ship.  I'm a bit nervous that the QS3's will continue to be an issue with the '23 deliveries, but lesson learned ... I won't be selling my XCR until the new on comes in.  And as far as the 7s goes, I agree on that too.  Until someone actually rides with a sled that's equipped with that gauge, it will never be truly appreciated.  I swapped sleds with a guy who owns a '21 Sidewinder and that "Atari" looking gauge was quite eye opening.  The first thing he said after getting off my XCR was, "Nice sled - and that gauge kicks ass!" :lol2:

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

My wife still likes the Pro-S (beaver tail) better that she had for ride but still does fine on the XC.  I have a mid windshield on mine but put the taller grandpa windshield on her's and it does give you better wind protection.  If you do add the taller windshield I only have about 3/4 of clearance in my trailer.  I have a 12 ft Triton drive on drive off so take that into consideration if you need to trailer your sled to ride. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I probably sound like a broken record, because I've said this before, but we have the Ride Command display on our General and love it.  We were the same way at first, wasn't sure it was worth the money.  But, where we go north of Grand Rapids there's no Verizon service, so our phones are useless.  Polaris did a great job with that display, and from the Polaris videos online, the 7s took that to a new level.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ziemann said:

https://powermadd.com/snow/windshields/polaris/matryx/

I'm 6'5"- I wonder if the 18" will work? Or will I need the 20"? How tall is the Polaris tall windshield?

Not sure what Powermadd references for their measurements on the windshields.  For the vertical height on the actual sled using the slide lock as a reference point on top of the dash pod.  The mid height on a Polaris is 5.25 and the tall is 8.50. 

Windshield.jpg

@Doug Right now with the Polaris Matryx mid windshield, I am catching the wind in my upper chest. I have a Castle Platform jacket- the wind was actually penetrating through the zipper making my chest cold. I ended up using my old Motorfist jacket/suit to ride because it is a waterproof zipper and the wind can't penetrate it. I am thinking that 3" more inches of height on the Polaris tall windshield will definitely help, but I wonder if even that is even high enough. I wish I could get an apples to apples comparison in heights between the Polaris windshield and the Powermadd version. BTW, did anyone notice that the Powermadd windshields are a  bit....pricey? I am guessing that there is more material there, and probably taller. 

I hate the thought of the dork factor.....but as I am getting older I am no longer tolerating the cold like I used to. I used to run with race sleds with no windshield at -20F and didn't think anything of it because I was more active when riding. Now I ride like a grandpa cruiser..... 

10 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I probably sound like a broken record, because I've said this before, but we have the Ride Command display on our General and love it.  We were the same way at first, wasn't sure it was worth the money.  But, where we go north of Grand Rapids there's no Verizon service, so our phones are useless.  Polaris did a great job with that display, and from the Polaris videos online, the 7s took that to a new level.

@p51mstg I couldn't agree more. The 7S has sorta changed how we ride. We also have spotty coverage up here in the woods.....we ride from our door and have had some typical destinations that we would travel to.... Barnes, WI, Valhalla, etc. This year I found myself taking some trails that I usually don't ride because I frequently forget about them. We rode some trails this year that we hadn't been on in years. I usually carry paper maps from our neighboring counties. This year, I didn't even touch a map- even when we saddle bagged over to the UP.

With my job, I am fortunate enough to be able to ride weekdays, and the 7S actually seemed to enhance our rides more than I expected. We found the RideCommand mapping to be pretty damn accurate. The only place that we found the Polaris RideCommand mapping to be completely messed up, was on the west side of Lake Gogebic.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

@Doug Right now with the Polaris Matryx mid windshield, I am catching the wind in my upper chest. I have a Castle Platform jacket- the wind was actually penetrating through the zipper making my chest cold. I ended up using my old Motorfist jacket/suit to ride because it is a waterproof zipper and the wind can't penetrate it. I am thinking that 3" more inches of height on the Polaris tall windshield will definitely help, but I wonder if even that is even high enough. I wish I could get an apples to apples comparison in heights between the Polaris windshield and the Powermadd version. BTW, did anyone notice that the Powermadd windshields are a  bit....pricey? I am guessing that there is more material there, and probably taller. 

I hate the thought of the dork factor.....but as I am getting older I am no longer tolerating the cold like I used to. I used to run with race sleds with no windshield at -20F and didn't think anything of it because I was more active when riding. Now I ride like a grandpa cruiser..... 

Could buy a 2nd retainer and have 2 windshields and just change them out depending in the temperature.  They're simple enough to change.  The retainer is around $50.00

Have tall on my xcr and still cold on chest!!

going for taller next year.

have extra retainer so I’ll be able to switch if warmer.sled is much colder to ride than my pros!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, X2700 said:

have extra retainer so I’ll be able to switch if warmer.sled is much colder to ride than my pros!

How is the wind deflection around the sides?  I thought this design was supposed to have better wind protection.

16 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

How is the wind deflection around the sides?  I thought this design was supposed to have better wind protection.

That's probably the one area that was improved upon, IMO.  At least from what I recall with my prior AXYS based sleds ... my legs would also get cold.  I don't really recall feeling that way with my XCR / Matryx plastics.  The windshield topic though - that sure seems to remain an issue.  It's by no means a windSHIELD ... it's a windDEFLECTOR (right into the rider's chest/neck).

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Really didn't feel the Matryx was any warmer or colder than the Axys.  Wear either a Klim or Polaris jacket and always wear a tekvest.  I have more trouble with my hands staying warm and on the Axys would bring along Ski-Doo soft gantlets that I could put on if need be.  On the Matryx and the smart hand warmers I've only had to put the gantlets on once.