SxS owners ... what's some of the more common accessory needs?

I picked up a RZR late last fall, and will primarily be using it to cruise around the smaller town and country roads, and the occasional trip to northern Wisconsin.  I really don't see myself looking for the deepest mud holes and trying to bury the thing.  As it stands, I've got a windshield, roof, back panel, the built in radio and speakers that are part of the 7s gauge (speakers pretty much suck) and a winch.  I'm trying to figure out what the best accessories are, and what ones are really considered as must-have.  Because I plan to primarily ride this thing on roads, and will be in some smaller towns, I feel like a blinker kit is one of the must have items.  I also feel like a good speaker setup is going to be needed if I plan to listen to music while we're cruising.  And, last but not least, I'm interested in what brands of tires are best since I've currently got the stock tires on & they're not great for running blacktop (county) roads ... and I should probably buy a spare, too.

Thoughts from experienced owners?

All jokes aside do invest in a fire extinguisher - if its you or another in your group a 2.5lb fire extinguisher with a mount is a cheap insurance policy. 

Things in non race units I wouldn't go without: 

Suspension seats 

Mirrors - side and or rear view 

harnesses - safety is everything. 

steering wheel - oem is nice but its funny how a better wheel in longer rides will reduce strain. sounds dumb but it works

tool kit - Boxo makes a great tool roll kit that's reasonable and has all the tools you'd need. 

Cooler - one that you can secure to your box - a grizzly is my personal choice as it has some security stuff mixed in so no one robs the cooler or its contents.  even if you leave it empty you can keep your tools and stuff in it and it keeps them dry that way. 

• Like 1

Coming into this late (like a Polaris product) and hot (also like a Polaris product) but dittos on the fire extinguisher.

Just so I don't 'accidentally' cream you and your entire family... please add turn signals and mirrors... and a cooler holder so I can explain to the Leo that shows up at the inevitable scene of the accident why I hit you and had to drink, I mean use your beer to put out the fire while waiting for the EMTs.fire.thumb.jpg.a00db118384d506aaa929c1b8ec787a1.jpg

most won't get this 'joke' (like Will Smith), but @Bontz will.  :lol:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Coming into this late (like a Polaris product) and hot (also like a Polaris product) but dittos on the fire extinguisher.

Just so I don't 'accidentally' cream you and your entire family... please add turn signals and mirrors... and a cooler holder so I can explain to the Leo that shows up at the inevitable scene of the accident why I hit you and had to drink, I mean use your beer to put out the fire while waiting for the EMTs.fire.thumb.jpg.a00db118384d506aaa929c1b8ec787a1.jpg

most won't get this 'joke' (like Will Smith), but @Bontz will.  :lol:

He's going to cut off every chevy Tahoe he comes across.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Get 15 inch rims so you can get a real truck tire that's good all around. 8 ply at least.

Get a glass windshield and a wiper washer.

Get a roof.

Get a set of Bluetooth speakers or sound bar...tunes are nice when you're riding and especially nice when you're stopped having a beverage.

If you're planning on night riding a lightbar is helpful as well.

• Like 1

I have a LED light bar on the roof, because we use our General for plowing in the winter.  Also side mirrors help for backing up and checking for traffic when we go forestry road riding.  We don't have side windows, but front and rear windows pretty much take care of any wind and light rain.  We also put a combination hitch in the receiver so we can pull trailers and haul other stuff without changing the hitch.

• Like 1

I have: Wheel flares, mud flaps, trailer hitch with step, lower doors, front & rear windshields, running boards (nerf bars), tool kit, tire plugs, air compressor, door bags, center storage bag, backup camera, passenger handle twin cup holder, small oscillating ceiling fan, Sun visor, front & rear storage box, roll bar mounted fire extinguisher.

Contact this place for good tire prices and recommendations: free shipping, no tax.

TeamFASMotorsports

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who's provided the feedback on this for me ... much appreciated!  After putting on ~75 miles yesterday with a few friends, and picking their brains a bit  (along with the input here) I have a good start on what to do:

• Fire extinguisher
  • Tire patch kit & portable compressor - gonna go this route vs. mounting a spare tire
  • Toolkit (I have tools along with me but not necessarily a kit)
  • Cooler to mount in the rear
  • Blinker kit (not sure which one yet but currently looking at one by Corbin)
  • Bluetooth speakers

Looking forward to more road trips and hopefully will see @Crnr2Crnrat some point so I can be sure to not use my blinker and cut him off!! :lol2:

PS:  @Hub shut up :bum: :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bontz said:

Thanks to everyone who's provided the feedback on this for me ... much appreciated!  After putting on ~75 miles yesterday with a few friends, and picking their brains a bit  (along with the input here) I have a good start on what to do:

• Fire extinguisher
  • Tire patch kit & portable compressor - gonna go this route vs. mounting a spare tire
  • Toolkit (I have tools along with me but not necessarily a kit)
  • Cooler to mount in the rear
  • Blinker kit (not sure which one yet but currently looking at one by Corbin)
  • Bluetooth speakers

Looking forward to more road trips and hopefully will see @Crnr2Crnrat some point so I can be sure to not use my blinker and cut him off!! :lol2:

PS:  @Hub shut up :bum: :lol:

I'd double down on the fire extinguishers and leave the left turn signal on at all times if I were you.

14 hours ago, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym doesn't get people wasting money on all-terrain vehicles.  Gym has a Tacoma with a Carolina squat.  Gym drives around in the woods with his high beams on.

Gym has a prowler pro. He hates jap trucks 

• Haha 1