Unmute

Current Time 0:06
/
Duration 1:08
Loaded: 74.95%

Quality
Fullscreen
Zelensky: 16,000 Foreigners Have Volunteered To Fight For Ukraine

An American military veteran who left his home in Connecticut to volunteer on the frontlines in Ukraine claimed he helped to destroy seven Russian tanks with Ukrainian forces.

"Alright. So far, we took out seven Russian tanks, after a long fire fight we took control of the area," James Vasquez, a U.S. army veteran and building contractor, said in a video shared on his Twitter page.

"Right now we're going to just kind of sweep around and see what we got left. Some stragglers, take them out, call it a day, it's been a long day. It's been a long day baby," he said.

According to his Twitter feed, Vasquez left his home in Connecticut, arrived in Poland on March 15, and entered Ukraine the following day to help Ukrainian forces fight off Russian troops in Moscow's full-scale invasion, which began on February 24. On March 18, he was sent to the frontlines from Lviv, The Guardian reported.

"For those of you correcting me on tanks. I know some are armored vehicle. Just did not want to get into semantics but here's some tanks to make you feel better," wrote Vasquez.

In a separate post, Vasquez said that he is the only American he's seen in his area.

"I don't want the Russian propaganda machine saying there is a battalion of Americans which I've already seen. Here alone on my own accord in a complete voluntary capacity," he clarified.

"I kind of feel like I'm on an awesome very dangerous vacation," Vasquez tweeted after leaving the U.S.

In another tweet, Vasquez said he couldn't sleep in anticipation of fighting Russian forces.

"Every atrocity, every war crime, every innocent civilian being murdered on a day to day basis gets everyone here more motivated to fight," he said.

Vasquez's wife, Tina, told DailyMail.com that he served two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.

"It's in his DNA" to join the fight in Ukraine, she told the news outlet.

"He approached me, came to me after work and said, 'We need to talk, I can't watch this on TV, I need to go help these guys,'" she said.

"It's been a struggle for me, worrying every day," Tina said. "He tries to call me when he can but sometimes he can't and my mind goes a little worried."

"I'm super-proud of my husband, he's my hero and he's met a lot of great people over in Ukraine," she added.

More than 7,000 U.S. citizens have applied to join Ukraine's newly established foreign fighters' force, the International Legion of Territorial Defense of Ukraine, according to Ukraine's embassy in Washington. The embassy told Newsweek that "not all of them are approved and not all of them are going to Ukraine."

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Agreed, wonder why Russia likes them so much.

Well they like them about a minuscule fraction of a percent as much as this pathetic country and it’s war obsessed citizens....so there’s that 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well they like them about a minuscule fraction of a percent as much as this pathetic country and it’s war obsessed citizens....so there’s that 

Well dont let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out of said Country.  Traitor.  Get the fuck out of here and go tell me how great it is somewhere else.  I will buy your plane ticket!!!

1 minute ago, poopooforme said:

Well dont let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out of said Country.  Traitor.  Get the fuck out of here and go tell me how great it is somewhere else.  I will buy your plane ticket!!!

Ahhh....poor crying faggot ass retard doesn’t like it when someone calls out the good ole USA for its misdeeds. Well how about you go fuck yourself you retarded piece of trash. Fucking pussy

• Gold Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Ahhh....poor crying faggot ass retard doesn’t like it when someone calls out the good ole USA for its misdeeds. Well how about you go fuck yourself you retarded piece of trash. Fucking pussy

Just got home from work.  What have you done today you degenerate fuck?  I will buy your plane ticket outta here.  I stand by that.  If its so bad here you would think you would wanna leave.  I will buy your ticket!

1 minute ago, poopooforme said:

Just got home from work.  What have you done today you degenerate fuck?  I will buy your plane ticket outta here.  I stand by that.  If its so bad here you would think you would wanna leave.  I will buy your ticket!

You’re flag waiving faggot ass is the problem with this shithole. Not me. Die in a fire you fucking crying ass bitch 

I am wondering if NA is more enthusiastic about war than Europe because NA hasn't been in the middle of an international war where nobody is spared destruction. In both world wars, it really didn't matter if you were neutral or not, chances were you were going to get caught in the crossfire. 

So all those countries know what it is like to have entire cities absolutely leveled. Over here in NA we have the best natural defenses anyone could ask for. We as population have never experienced boots on the ground war in our homes. 

I am not saying we are dumb or we don't have empathy or we don't understand what war is. What I am saying is we have been so far removed from real conflict while remaining on top of the world power shit pile. It is hard for us to have real perspective of what it is like. 

Obviously this doesn't this doesn't apply to every single person who lives in North America but well informed, leveled headed individuals rarely make policy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I am wondering if NA is more enthusiastic about war than Europe because NA hasn't been in the middle of an international war where nobody is spared destruction. In both world wars, it really didn't matter if you were neutral or not, chances were you were going to get caught in the crossfire. 

So all those countries know what it is like to have entire cities absolutely leveled. Over here in NA we have the best natural defenses anyone could ask for. We as population have never experienced boots on the ground war in our homes. 

I am not saying we are dumb or we don't have empathy or we don't understand what war is. What I am saying is we have been so far removed from real conflict while remaining on top of the world power shit pile. It is hard for us to have real perspective of what it is like. 

Obviously this doesn't this doesn't apply to every single person who lives in North America but well informed, leveled headed individuals rarely make policy.

That is a good point Tomas....

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

There are dozens of other countries you can move to if you hate this one so much.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

There are dozens of other countries you can move to if you hate this one so much.

How about this one stops being such a fucking piece of shit? 

9 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Run for office and change it, complaining about it everyday won't do anything at all.

Yah no thanks....I’ll just keep calling a spade a spade 

2 hours ago, Tomas. said:

All good points. War sucks. Yet when there's ambitious assholes like the Putin clan roaming Eastern Europe swallowing up countries to fulfill some weird ideology of destiny, something needs to be done. Putin has never met any resistance in any of his conquests. This is the first time. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I hope we spend 7 katrillion dollars on our military to beef it up with the latest and greatest most deadly weapons ever built.

Proud to be an American!!:ylsuper:....well at least I was under Trump.....now I don't even know if I am a man.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I hope we spend 7 katrillion dollars on our military to beef it up with the latest and greatest most deadly weapons ever built.

Proud to be an American!!:ylsuper:....well at least I was under Trump.....now I don't even know if I am a man.

You’re an idiot...that’s for sure 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

🧐

Edited by Jimmy Snacks