does anyone know when Yamaha is releasing their 2023...

Textron picked cat up on the best upswing in sled sales since early nineties and blew what could of been record sales years for them!!

local cat dealer made call to factory to try and at least get a number of sleds he can order and they will give him no info as of a week ago.He has a list of guys wanting sleds but he will not take money till he knows what hes allotted.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

:poke:Warm Welcome Gym!

Gym's pleased to make your acquaintance. 

43 minutes ago, Badger** said:

58,338 Beer Cheers Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

Gym's not much of a drinker.  Gym likes the weed.

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

Every morning I come on here and it doesn't disappoint. 

Gym finds this rather peculiar.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

@X2700 is right 100%. To say that the Matryx is nothing more than a plastic change is complete ignorance.... At least Polaris has evolved. It is a complete package.

Cat? Old, poor ergos, poor instrumentation, a rear suspension that needs to be updated, slow 2 strokes, poor parts availability, and an abysmal dealer network.

There are very few decent Cat dealers left- altho there are a few like Country Cat....

Again- Yamaha is at least putting forth some effort to be competitive and is doing a pretty good job of it. Cat? Just look at Cats effort at releasing their '23's to see how committed they are to the sled market ....

Nah, everything is fine.  😆

Wonder what some green gogglers will say about the procrisis if/when a new 'chassis' is released?  I mean c'mon, there's nothing better... it's not possible. 

:nuts: 

Screenshot_20220318-164602.png

6 hours ago, X2700 said:

Textron picked cat up on the best upswing in sled sales since early nineties and blew what could of been record sales years for them!!

local cat dealer made call to factory to try and at least get a number of sleds he can order and they will give him no info as of a week ago.He has a list of guys wanting sleds but he will not take money till he knows what hes allotted.

That really sucks.  I don't know which dealer you're talking about, but if it's the one I think it is, I'm not surprised at his integrity.  I feel bad for dealers in this situation.

13 days before Cat officially lays all their cards on the table, and I hope for everyone's sake that they deliver a good hand.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

That really sucks.  I don't know which dealer you're talking about, but if it's the one I think it is, I'm not surprised at his integrity.  I feel bad for dealers in this situation.

13 days before Cat officially lays all their cards on the table, and I hope for everyone's sake that they deliver a good hand.

Moto-proz 

sure tough on little guys trying to make a living!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ziemann said:

@X2700 is right 100%. To say that the Matryx is nothing more than a plastic change is complete ignorance.... At least Polaris has evolved. It is a complete package.

Cat? Old, poor ergos, poor instrumentation, a rear suspension that needs to be updated, slow 2 strokes, poor parts availability, and an abysmal dealer network.

There are very few decent Cat dealers left- altho there are a few like Country Cat....

Again- Yamaha is at least putting forth some effort to be competitive and is doing a pretty good job of it. Cat? Just look at Cats effort at releasing their '23's to see how committed they are to the sled market ....

And the fact you've been a Cat guy for so long, that will go completely unnoticed by someone like Jim.  You're now officially a "Polaris Idiot" :lol:

7 hours ago, X2700 said:

Good for Mike and him recognizing the situation!

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

And the fact you've been a Cat guy for so long, that will go completely unnoticed by someone like Jim.  You're now officially a "Polaris Idiot" :lol:

If I was a cat guy he’d be my dealer!

20 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Iron dog is only on the racer himself.  

Wrong as always. Wes Selby and Micah Huss, a Cat team, could not finish the race in 2019 because their engines failed.

And before that -- back when more than just a few people chose to race Cats in the Iron Dog -- a bunch of Cat's new crossover sleds suffered engine failure and other component failures during the race. (I'm not sure what Cat's crossover model was called then, but it's the one that Cat created by copying Polaris's Switchback.) Cat defenders said bad fuel was to blame, but oddly enough, Poos didn't have any issues. It really comes down to engine quality, doesn't it?

"Only the racer himself" = a laughable, easily disproved claim.

Edited by CaddisFly
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Badger** said:

It has 350 original miles on it. 

Damn!!!!  Looks like a free air?  I had an '84 (same as '81) with twin pipes...  Loved that sled!

I wish they'd go back to graphics like that.  Different shades of green against black.  Classy and nostalgic!

Edited by soeaster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Badger** said:

It has 350 original miles on it. 

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

I'd love to have the Exciter in the background too.

Edited by soeaster

1 hour ago, CaddisFly said:

Wrong as always. Wes Selby and Micah Huss, a Cat team, could not finish the race in 2019 because their engines failed.

And before that -- back when more than just a few people chose to race Cats in the Iron Dog -- a bunch of Cat's new crossover sleds suffered engine failure and other component failures during the race. (I'm not sure what Cat's crossover model was called then, but it's the one that Cat created by copying Polaris's Switchback.) Cat defenders said bad fuel was to blame, but oddly enough, Poos didn't have any issues. It really comes down to engine quality, doesn't it?

"Only the racer himself" = a laughable, easily disproved claim.

I remember, but can't recall precisely if it was the racers or machines failures that kept them from the money rounds.  In one aspect of cross country racing we've recently learned it's all due to the machine, but not others.  As confusing as this may sound it makes perfect sense if your blood oxygen level normally resides under 89%

20 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

All those years were just a waste.

Just a brisk paced trail ride and it was all the machine on top of it.

I think I need to sit down.

If you exceeded 50mph, it was also a waste.  Got an extra chair?  This place is making me seasick lately

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

22 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I remember, but can't recall precisely if it was the racers or machines failures that kept them from the money rounds.  In one aspect of cross country racing we've recently learned it's all due to the machine, but not others.  As confusing as this may sound it makes perfect sense if your blood oxygen level normally resides under 89%

If you exceeded 50mph, it was also a waste.  Got an extra chair?  This place is making me seasick lately

This is worse then the time Quagmire found out Taylor Hanson is a guy.

• Confused 1

Hey C2C we haven't had this much fun since that one guy from China hacked into HCS. I'll never forget what he wrote. 明尼蘇達州有很不一樣的季節。我們的夏天很熱,在夏天,你會要帶一些短褲。也要帶有用的衣服,我們會去有用很多。明尼蘇達的冬天非常冷。你會要帶很多很厚的衣服,和也要帶溫暖的鞋子和外套,我們可能去滑雪。這裡的春天和秋天是很舒服也很美麗。<<< This shit kills me every time I read it. :lol2:

Edited by Badger**
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

Gym is stoked to have Ziemann on the red team.  Ziemann is a thinker.  Gym likes thinkers.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Yup all the machine, can't win unless it's a cat! Oh. Wait! Ummm didn't Dyrdahl win like 5 I500's on a doo after a lifetime on cat?  I seem to remember a story about his 1st 500 win being on a borrowed or rented rev? ( this is just what i had heard, not saying it's fact)

Edit: forgot his 1st win was in 2000 on a cat

Edited by Cat45

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Fuck, I am just a guy and would buy from any of the 3.5 brands.  They just need to build the right sled.  Currently there are a few Poo and Doo sleds that make the Cat completely not on the list.

I am thinking about buying a 10 year cat, an 800 crate motor, a belt drive, redoing the whole sled to new. Will probably have a bunch of cash in my pocket vs buying a new one 

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I am thinking about buying a 10 year cat, an 800 crate motor, a belt drive, redoing the whole sled to new. Will probably have a bunch of cash in my pocket vs buying a new one 

Buy @fortune46x's Frankenstein.