does anyone know when Yamaha is releasing their 2023...

2 hours ago, krom said:

official release date, and ordering begins 4/19/22 at 8am cst

Strangest thing - absolutely nothing showing on the cat website but country cat and arctic insider have them, probably other dealers too. Guess they figure with nothing new and everything likely to sell out in days, there's no need for marketing.

30 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Strangest thing - absolutely nothing showing on the cat website but country cat and arctic insider have them, probably other dealers too. Guess they figure with nothing new and everything likely to sell out in days, there's no need for marketing.

IMO they are confidant they every unit they can build will be sold

7 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

You will be able to trade your 650 on an "all new graphics" cat on april 19th.:D

Um.....no......

Frankly, I loved my Cats. But that ship has sailed.

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

I agree with you. But what kind of logic is that?

It doesn't give you warm fuzzies or even the slightest impression that Cat is committed to the sled market.

Textron: " Fuck it. Let someone else release this stuff..."

5 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I agree with you. But what kind of logic is that?

It doesn't give you warm fuzzies or even the slightest impression that Cat is committed to the sled market.

Textron: " Fuck it. Let someone else release this stuff..."

Their explanation of delaying the new release until all the 22s are done is crazy too. Like the marketing people/sticker designers are the ones sourcing parts and installing the gauges as they come in...seems that most people would have more confidence in 23s coming in on time if they got started on them earlier than later.

Hate to see it. Not a die hard cat guy but have one now and like it, and would like to buy another one but yeah there's zero signs they are committed.

26 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Their explanation of delaying the new release until all the 22s are done is crazy too. Like the marketing people/sticker designers are the ones sourcing parts and installing the gauges as they come in...seems that most people would have more confidence in 23s coming in on time if they got started on them earlier than later.

Hate to see it. Not a die hard cat guy but have one now and like it, and would like to buy another one but yeah there's zero signs they are committed.

They would not have started the build till after the two weeks are up regardless. That has always been that way. New tooling, floor repairs etc. To do. And if they are, since Yamaha is all sold, they would probably start with them, if they have the supplies?

Edited by ZR6000RR

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

They would not have started the build till after the two weeks are up regardless. That has always been that way. New tooling, floor repairs etc. To do. 

New tooling for what?  Installing new graphics?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

seems that most people would have more confidence in 23s coming in on time if they got started on them earlier than later.

@Art Vandelay absolutely! I am guessing that there are performance and delivery incentives that Textron has to meet as a supplier for BRP and Yamaha. It almost feels like the Cat customers are last in line, and does undermine delivery confidence based on the timing alone. 

Again- Yamaha seems more committed to the snowmobile market than Cat. People have now moved on to their spring/summer hobbies and a snowmobile is no longer in the forefront as a priority. Cat isn't going to sell shit this spring. At what point does Yamaha eclipse the Arctic Cat brand in sales?

26 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

@Art Vandelay absolutely! I am guessing that there are performance and delivery incentives that Textron has to meet as a supplier for BRP and Yamaha. It almost feels like the Cat customers are last in line, and does undermine delivery confidence based on the timing alone. 

Again- Yamaha seems more committed to the snowmobile market than Cat. People have now moved on to their spring/summer hobbies and a snowmobile is no longer in the forefront as a priority. Cat isn't going to sell shit this spring. At what point does Yamaha eclipse the Arctic Cat brand in sales?

Cat has already sold out there sleds for 2023. Dealers have been selling them since March 15th. They also know what the deals are and how many sleds they are able to get. You are either blind, sheltered or really fucking stupid, or all of those mentioned. I am guessing the last one though. 

23 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Cat has already sold out there sleds for 2023. Dealers have been selling them since March 15th. They also know what the deals are and how many sleds they are able to get. You are either blind, sheltered or really fucking stupid, or all of those mentioned. I am guessing the last one though. 

If they're sold out why does my local dealer have the pre buy option still active?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

If they're sold out why does my local dealer have the pre buy option still active?

He may have some left. Point is come April 19, they will probably be on most of not all models.

39 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Why do I have a feeling I could go to just about any Cat dealer here in MN and order the sled of my choice and have it still be available?

Agreed.  I'm 30 minutes from arguably one of the top 3 dealers in MN and his list seems to include most models available for preorder.

18 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Agreed.  I'm 30 minutes from arguably one of the top 3 dealers in MN and his list seems to include most models available for preorder.

If it is Thomas, I'd say the top dealer in the state.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Speaking of being really fucking stupid.....you never tire of making yourself look like a moron do you??

You don't have even the slightest clue how the program is being run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, krom said:

Speaking of being really fucking stupid.....you never tire of making yourself look like a moron do you??

You don't have even the slightest clue how the program is being run.

Coming from the Janitor of the year, I feel so humbled by you interjecting here. Fuck off asshole!:frech:

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Coming from the Janitor of the year, I feel so humbled by you interjecting here. Fuck off asshole!

Despite the fact that are a fucking moron, who is completely wrong about every single claim you made, you are trying to insult others.  When its pointed out that you are wrong on every count, that is all you can say??

17 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

They would not have started the build till after the two weeks are up regardless. That has always been that way. New tooling, floor repairs etc. To do. And if they are, since Yamaha is all sold, they would probably start with them, if they have the supplies?

Tooling? I thought not being able to get tooling is why they are trotting out the procross for another season.

13 minutes ago, krom said:

Despite the fact that are a fucking moron, who is completely wrong about every single claim you made, you are trying to insult others.  When its pointed out that you are wrong on every count, that is all you can say??

Have a nice day krommer.  

@ZR6000RR OK- PLEASE Jim- show me where on the manufacturer's web site where their spring snow check program has been officially released? When I open up the snowmobile page, all I see are the '22's. Then I see a banner above that says "Model Year 2023 Pre-Orders Coming Soon: Preview>"

Please show me where the manufacturer has their Spring Snow Check program. It sounds to me like Cat's dealer network is desperate- they are free-lancing and taking deposits on sleds that haven't even been officially released or confirmed as available for '23. Even Cat refers to those sleds as only being a preview and nothing official. Doesn't that seem like an unethical practice to accept deposits on those models before they are even officially released by the manufacturer? Hell, if I were a dealer, maybe you can get some sucker to put money down on the new chassis that will be available for 2024? Does that seem right? 

There are dealers that have info posted on Social Media. And it seems that every one of them have slightly different info posted. For Cat, this looks like a complete cluster and a disorganized mess. 

So Cat sold out of sleds in a Snow Check program that they haven't officially kicked off yet? What sense does that make? Please show me where the manufacturer kicked off their Snow Check Order program on March 15th. Because that isn't on their web site. 

This is what Cat has said on their web site and it completely contradicts you:

In unprecedented times, it is the responsibility of the brand to act in unprecedented ways. We know that not being able to pre-order your 2023 Arctic Cat snowmobile in the early spring is unusual; however, it will allow us not only to focus on building the remaining 2022 units, but also to ensure we have an accurate understanding of our suppliers’ capacities to forecast our production for Model Year 2023.

You seem to be the only person that thinks that this Snow Check plan and '23 sled release makes perfect sense. 

6 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

You have zero credibility and appear to have ZERO knowledge. Here is what Cat has officially stated:

This does not mean you won’t be able to pre-order your snowmobile this year—it just means that the Model Year 2023 pre-order period will be slightly delayed until late April. 

You are completely full of shit, and it is running down in to your boots. It appears that the dealers are free-lancing and selling before the official release of Cat's '23 sleds. I am guessing that they do have the model info and pricing- but I have never seen something so ass backwards. I'm sorry- You're right Jim- this seems completely normal for a new product release. 

Are you so delusional as to believe your own bullshit? All I did is Copy/Paste from Cat's web site. And that COMPLETELY contradicts you and makes Cat's dealers look really bad for taking deposits on products that haven't even officially been released yet and may not even be available. Cat explains that they do not even know know what sleds they will have to sell because:

ensure we have an accurate understanding of our suppliers’ capacities to forecast our production for Model Year 2023

Who in their right mind would look at this, and feel comfortable sinking their money in to this disaster?