does anyone know when Yamaha is releasing their 2023...

2 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

Where's " The all new never before seen snowmobile" Jrod said they were supposed to release in the yahaha teaser vedeo?

I was wondering that, too.  Went back to the vlog videos and now I can’t find him saying that.

With the two 7000’s that were pulled from AC’s lineup at the last minute, what are the odds that Yamaha was going to offer one or both of those and had to pull them, as well?

On 3/22/2022 at 4:17 PM, mnstang said:

They would first need something to build.  Yamaha has been out of sleds for a while.  Saying argo building Yamaha sleds, what are you talking about, an all new Yamaha designed and engineered snowmobiles?  I think that time is long gone.

What's the info with Argo being involved with Yamaha or perhaps buying out textron/cat?

On 3/28/2022 at 2:14 PM, Art Vandelay said:

What's the info with Argo being involved with Yamaha or perhaps buying out textron/cat?

People were just speculating out loud that Yamaha is rumored to be separating from Cat and nobody likes Textron's approach to promoting the Cat brand.  With Argo having a facility in TRF, and with a large number of the former brain trust at Cat now working for Argo, it seemed like the two might be a good match (if Textron were willing to sell).  Maybe somebody actually knows something, but for my part it was just for entertainment purposes.

3 hours ago, p51mstg said:

People were just speculating out loud that Yamaha is rumored to be separating from Cat and nobody likes Textron's approach to promoting the Cat brand.  With Argo having a facility in TRF, and with a large number of the former brain trust at Cat now working for Argo, it seemed like the two might be a good match (if Textron were willing to sell).  Maybe somebody actually knows something, but for my part it was just for entertainment purposes.

Argo, Yamaha, and others have tried to buy AC from Textron. 

There are a lot of ex AC at Argo, it started before Textron came along

Edited by krom

10 minutes ago, krom said:

If you can't "buy" arctic cat then what argo is and has been doing is probably the next smartest thing for them.   Cherry pick their talent, move into their backyard,  work a deal with yamaha,  etc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

If you can't "buy" arctic cat then what argo is and has been doing is probably the next smartest thing for them.   Cherry pick their talent, move into their backyard,  work a deal with yamaha,  etc

That would be pretty cool.

5 hours ago, krom said:

Artctic cat still have rights to the Scorpion Snowmobile name?

52 minutes ago, Doug said:

Artctic cat still have rights to the Scorpion Snowmobile name?

Solid question..

I'm not sure who at AC would even know..

But the internet says

in May of 1982, many of Arctic’s assets were sold to Certified Parts Corporation of Janesville, Wisconsin, including the licensing rights to Scorpion snowmobiles.

anyone feel like searching...

https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/search

Edited by krom

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

No. Scorpion tried to make a comeback around the same time red line did and failed 

They didn't make it as far as redline, but they had a prototype that was hauled around the country looking for dealers.

For some reason I think they were claiming to have a "direct drive" of sorts, but don't remember any details, or what the sled even looked like

Edited by krom

28 minutes ago, krom said:

They didn't make it as far as redline, but they had a prototype that was hauled around the country looking for dealers.

For some reason I think they were claiming to have a "direct drive" of sorts, but don't remember any details, or what the sled even looked like

They did make a few sleds. There is a guy on the east coast that had one or two and I know of at least one here locally. The one that's most known is the TKX that had a 790 psi powerplant.

https://langequipmentllc.com/Showroom/Manufacturer-Models/Model-Results/yamaha/snowmobiles?moduleguid=60831a64-252d-4fb3-ab36-5d6939a9bcd7&utm_source=cox&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=2022_snowmobile

Wonder why a local power sports dealer recently picked up Yamaha?  They also sell Polaris... quite a few of them.  Interesting 🤔

6 hours ago, krom said:

I can’t 100% remember what it looked like either. I keep thinking it looked like a blade but I can’t find a picture of one. 

On 3/30/2022 at 7:28 PM, J. Jackson said:

If Argo and Yamaha teamed up and used the 998 how many Cat guys here would jump ship assuming Cat does what they have done in the past 4-5 years?

Spend too much time off trail and get stuck too much as it is for a 988. Hopefully they'd have something different.

In my view for a high miles high speed trail rider the procross with the turbo and EPS is probably hard to beat as it is.

On 3/31/2022 at 4:11 AM, Sled_Hed said:

According to Warren Goddard CPC still owns the Scorpion rights.

I think they own Comet Clutch too.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:52 AM, krom said:

I remember that one looking like a first gen ZRT. 

There was another one that was similar that looked like a mid-90's Polaris triple, but can't remember what that one was.  It was at the Twin Cities Snow Show one year around 2000 or so.

• Like 1

Calling Jimbo Ramstad: From what I can tell, Cat still doesn't have a specific date on their web site regarding their '23 release and the start of their snow check period. It is April 1st. Shouldn't you be doing SOMETHING official. 

Again- Yamaha at least seemed to be taking it seriously. They did a proper release, and did a great job of putting lipstick on a pig.....

Edited by Ziemann

7 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Calling Jimbo Ramstad: From what I can tell, Cat still doesn't have a specific date on their web site regarding their '23 release and the start of their snow check period. It is April 1st. Shouldn't you be doing SOMETHING official. 

Again- Yamaha at least seemed to be taking it seriously. They did a proper release, and did a great job of putting lipstick on a pig.....

You will be able to trade your 650 on an "all new graphics" cat on april 19th.:D

• Thanks 1