does anyone know when Yamaha is releasing their 2023...

8 minutes ago, krom said:

Didn't yamaha set up a new sled HQ, in Canada?

Guess there is a huge amount of un used square footage....

Na up there it’s an igloo. No manufacturing. drinking Tim hortons and eating fries with gravy on it is all that goes on their. Once a year they write out a check to Textron for their order 

2 minutes ago, Badger** said:

If Yamaha walks out the door who's to say the big turbo go with them?  

Kymco-3000-Engine.jpg

Kymco will just weld three of these together and Textron will say 'that'll work'

15 hours ago, krom said:

Didn't yamaha set up a new sled HQ, in Canada?

Guess there is a huge amount of un used square footage....

Its near the main argo factory.   Its the new partnership for yamaha.  Argos gets to use yammi powerplants in their bathtubs with wheels and the joint venture between the 2 will produce sleds.

Yammi is more serious about sledding than textron is so the partnership will dissolve and will allow yammi to pursue more market share in sleds with an Argo partnership 

Edited by Boonbocker1

Been

1 hour ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Its near the main argo factory.   Its the new partnership for yamaha.  Argos gets to use yammi powerplants in their bathtubs with wheels and the joint venture between the 2 will produce sleds.

Yammi is more serious about sledding than textron is so the partnership will dissolve and will allow yammi to pursue more market share in sleds with an Argo partnership 

Been waiting for an announcement from argo, they have most of the talent that left AC, but didn't go to poo

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

No, their selling point was the push button e start.

Did they take away the recoil like skidoo?  Maybe they didn't want them accidentally hanging themselves from it seeing as how their feet wouldn't reach the ground.

SnowTrax said in the video that Yamaha wasn't importing any sleds from the Homeland for 2023, because bla bla bla.  I thought, oh, a change in manufacturing, like maybe they're setting themselves up for a transition to something else in North America.  Hmmmmm.....

I've thought about Cat being bought by Argo, even though that would be a stretch and cat would have to be near death (more than it is now) in order for it to be worth buying.  It was more of a mental exercise, a fantasy maybe, a way that Cat could survive the Textron debacle.  What I didn't think about, that you all have floated, is the idea that Cat stays with Textron but Argo starts building Yamaha sleds.  Now, THAT makes total sense and would be a very interesting development.  

Where do Yamaha ATV's come from - Japan or NA?

How long was the BassPro/Tracker contract to build ATV's?

The building Argo occupies in TRF is merely there for ex Arctic employees that have ties to the area but are fed up with, overworked, underpaid and under appreciated by cat.   It was a great move by argo and yammi, get the knowledge and talent from ex cat employess without paying the price to buy the whole company.   The ex cat employees don't have to relocate to another city, state or country this way.

Edited by Boonbocker1

24 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

SnowTrax said in the video that Yamaha wasn't importing any sleds from the Homeland for 2023, because bla bla bla.  I thought, oh, a change in manufacturing, like maybe they're setting themselves up for a transition to something else in North America.  Hmmmmm.....

I've thought about Cat being bought by Argo, even though that would be a stretch and cat would have to be near death (more than it is now) in order for it to be worth buying.  It was more of a mental exercise, a fantasy maybe, a way that Cat could survive the Textron debacle.  What I didn't think about, that you all have floated, is the idea that Cat stays with Textron but Argo starts building Yamaha sleds.  Now, THAT makes total sense and would be a very interesting development.  

Where do Yamaha ATV's come from - Japan or NA?

How long was the BassPro/Tracker contract to build ATV's?

They would first need something to build.  Yamaha has been out of sleds for a while.  Saying argo building Yamaha sleds, what are you talking about, an all new Yamaha designed and engineered snowmobiles?  I think that time is long gone.

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

They would first need something to build.  Yamaha has been out of sleds for a while.  Saying argo building Yamaha sleds, what are you talking about, an all new Yamaha designed and engineered snowmobiles?  I think that time is long gone.

I disagree, with the talent at Argo they could easily design a sled around proven Yamaha engines, and they have an advantage of having a clean sheet design.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, airflite1 said:

I disagree, with the talent at Argo they could easily design a sled around proven Yamaha engines, and they have an advantage of having a clean sheet design.

And they know what TextronCat has coming... ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Well I would consider that an Argo vehicle then, not a Yamaha.  I was talking about something actually designed and engineered by Yamaha

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Well I would consider that an Argo vehicle then, not a Yamaha.  I was talking about something actually designed and engineered by Yamaha

Could be tough to get around patents for a "new" sled maybe?

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I assume Yamaha could easily buy Argo, but even if they didn't, I bet they'd have more input than they do with Arctic. 

59 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Sold out, day one?

Screenshot_20220322-151742.png

Holy shit!  I know a guy that wanted one of those.  Yamaha cancelled his Sidewinder last year.  That would suck if he couldn't get one 2 years in a row.