Storing Sleds In Trailer

• Platinum Contributing Member

I think I know the answer but is it a bad idea to store sleds over the summer in an enclosed trailer? The work shop is filling up with…well…work stuff.🤣

I have been doing it for years. No signs of trouble. My trailer is a clamshell. Tight enough to keep the critters out. I added some extra venting, soffit vents used on houses, two on each side at the bottom, one on each side at the top. There was already one vent at the top on each side. 

I think the extra vents help keep the temps down a bit inside the trailer, cooler air can come in the bottom, and out the top.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think I know the answer but is it a bad idea to store sleds over the summer in an enclosed trailer? The work shop is filling up with…well…work stuff.🤣

Summer? Your sled doesn't leave the trailer in winter. :lmao:

Edited by snoughnut
  • Like 1

Keep sled in my white clam shell all summer, park it in my side lot. Wipe the sled down with WD-40, treated the fuel, fog the motor and park it..Maybe once a month I'll open it up when I'm screwing around in the yard and let some air in there..Being white it's never very hot, my buddies black clam shell is fucking hot inside

Edited by Rigid1
  • Thanks 1

Always.  I put a 12v computer fan on the vent and one of those menerds battery tender solar chargers screwed to side . Runs it when sun shines . Have one on all my trailers . For the 15 bucks and 20 min set and forget why not .  

Deff not needed but also can't hurt to be exchanging air in a 100deg trailer or when wet tools  or muddy sxs are stuffed in and forgot about for weeks on end 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Keep sled in my white clam shell all summer, park it in my side lot. Wipe the sled down with WD-40, treated the fuel, fog the motor and park it..Maybe once a month I'll open it up when I'm screwing around in the yard and let some air in there..Being white it's never very hot, my buddies black clam shell is fucking hot inside

My trailer is black...😜

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The black is nice in the winter for defrosting the sleds!

Good point and doubles as a sauna in the summer...win/win!😜👌🏻

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

The black is nice in the winter for defrosting the sleds!

And looks sweet after going down the road for the first 35 feet .

Can't even believe I bought another black truck.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

They guys that store the sleds in the yard, under a tree, with no cover seem to have the least amount of trouble and have all been selling for top dollar on Facebook marketplace

fixed

• Haha 1