Eric Church

I wasn't aware he was a song writer as well. With a little looking it would appear that he also uses professional songwriters to write some of his songs as well as writing some of his own.

I grew up on country music (against my will). As much as I dislike it, I can appreciate the older stuff. This new stuff is just trash. 95% don't write their own music, they are just a voice talent. But that is my heavily biased opinion which means nothing lol.

1 minute ago, Tomas. said:

I wasn't aware he was a song writer as well. With a little looking it would appear that he also uses professional songwriters to write some of his songs as well as writing some of his own.

I grew up on country music (against my will). As much as I dislike it, I can appreciate the older stuff. This new stuff is just trash. 95% don't write their own music, they are just a voice talent. But that is my heavily biased opinion which means nothing lol.

Pretty much sums up the entire music industry of the last 20 yrs . Few exceptions yes must the majority well they can dance I guess 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Pretty much sums up the entire music industry of the last 20 yrs . Few exceptions yes must the majority well they can dance I guess 

Lol, I agree with you there. I can't stand most new music from any genre. There are a few select tracks I can get behind but most of newly produced mainstream music is a sad state of affairs lol

40 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Church and Stapelton are about as Country as it gets, nowadays.  Agreed, most is just God awful pop music. I have seen church a couple of times. He actually puts on a decent show. No opener and plays for like 3 hours. 

43 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Lol, I agree with you there. I can't stand most new music from any genre. There are a few select tracks I can get behind but most of newly produced mainstream music is a sad state of affairs lol

Right.  I listen to a couple of stations at work.  It is all music from the 90s. If you are original or classic sound you really have no outlets for your music . 

3 hours ago, Tomas. said:

pre 90's country basically sucks balls most of the time but the 90's was the hey day for it.  

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

pre 90's country basically sucks balls most of the time but the 90's was the hey day for it.  

Eh I don’t agree but it’s obviously personal preference. I like outlaw country and older 50-60s stuff. I can’t stand new country other than Stapleton, Childers and hand full of other most of it is complete garbage to me. The shit my buddy listens to country rap god just put a bullet in me 😂 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Um no 

Cash Willie Dolly Hank patsy 

Even the pop country was better like say Denver Kenny or the countery rock Skynyrd 

What did the 90s have ? pop countery. Garth yep one of the best but honestly the rest I put in the but she can dance or she is hot  category 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Eh I don’t agree but it’s obviously personal preference. I like outlaw country and older 50-60s stuff. I can’t stand new country other than Stapleton, Childers and hand full of other most of it is complete garbage to me. The shit my buddy listens to country rap god just put a bullet in me 😂 

Yep!

49 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Um no 

Cash Willie Dolly Hank patsy 

Even the pop country was better like say Denver Kenny or the countery rock Skynyrd 

What did the 90s have ? pop countery. Garth yep one of the best but honestly the rest I put in the but she can dance or she is hot  category 

Absolutely. :bc: