***Official*** EV question, answer and education thread

38 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Nope, that's a Subaru or a Ford ranger for the lesbos..

Audi is pretty bad ass

xl_9165-audi-r18-tdi-ultra-6303.jpg

1110885_A1511506_large.jpg

Dang I’ve never seen one Those driving around for some reason 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

EV pro tip of the day!

EV charger.

all EV’s typical come with mobile charger.  Typically 32 amp 240 volt.  So no need to buy a charger.  But if you want to install a charger that charges faster then the mobile level 2 they have hard wire ones and plug in ones.  If don’t have the capability to install an outlet yourself and have to hire a narrowback tell them you are installing a 240 outlet for a welder and you would like a 6/50r.  They will charge you less for a 6/50r outlet for a welder cause they know that you get a 30% tax credit if they are installing a 6/50r outlet for an EV and will likely charge you 30% more for a 6/50r installation if it is for your EV charging.

you still get a 30% tax credit if you have a “welder” 6/50r outlet installed if you are going to use it for EV charging.

D778ADFB-8790-49E3-97C2-3787A4BA6193.thumb.jpeg.4c4d7101c3e8a4db0a694a3fec739e99.jpeg

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Aren’t audi’s made for gay people? 

Ask your butt buddies.

49 minutes ago, ACE said:

Dang I’ve never seen one Those driving around for some reason 

You do live in bumfuck nowhere surrounded by halfwits.

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

EV pro tip of the day!

EV charger.

all EV’s typical come with mobile charger.  Typically 32 amp 240 volt.  So no need to buy a charger.  But if you want to install a charger that charges faster then the mobile level 2 they have hard wire ones and plug in ones.  If don’t have the capability to install an outlet yourself and have to hire a narrowback tell them you are installing a 240 outlet for a welder and you would like a 6/50r.  They will charge you less for a 6/50r outlet for a welder cause they know that you get a 30% tax credit if they are installing a 6/50r outlet for an EV and will likely charge you 30% more for a 6/50r installation if it is for your EV charging.

you still get a 30% tax credit if you have a “welder” 6/50r outlet installed if you are going to use it for EV charging.

D778ADFB-8790-49E3-97C2-3787A4BA6193.thumb.jpeg.4c4d7101c3e8a4db0a694a3fec739e99.jpeg

Great idea...but SUPER easy to install yourself as well.  Not a man's garage without 240...

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Ask your butt buddies.

Great idea...but SUPER easy to install yourself as well.  Not a man's garage without 240...

Ya.  I put mine own in of course.  It’s just an outlet!  That is a tip though for those that can’t install outlets.  It’s a money saver for those that have to hire it out.

I haven't looked hard into EV yet. But I think it would be a viable option for wife's daily. She has charging stations at work. Just have to figure out how much it would cost to charge at home. 

She is hard on brakes, hard on the go pedal even when its cold as shit. And every fuckin time I get in her vehicle to go somewhere the damn gas light is on.

She will probably "forget" to plug the damn EV in every night. 

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Ask your butt buddies.

Remember when you were bragging about your $25,000 gay mans car? That was cool 

• Gold Member

Pro tip of the day.  

When charging at home charge as fast you can.  The longer it takes to charge the longer the converter works, longer the computer is fired up regulating charge.  So if you have a 50 amp charger charge at the peak allowed of 40 amps.  It only increases loses by charging slower then your charger is capable of.

Kwh’s put in the battery vs energy delivered from the charger.  These are called charging loses.

4A63A45A-AC13-4D92-B0A4-7419FA159028.thumb.jpeg.70f2fef061a9def90f19d14098e75e75.jpeg

F3FC298C-CE3C-4A4E-80AB-AC59E1EE0EEA.jpeg

On 3/10/2022 at 5:40 PM, BOHICA said:

3 months and 5 day of ownership review.  9000 miles.  Cost savings is unbelievable!

what would you like to know?  Getting more efficient as I have only been in extreme mountain west climate.  As it warms up it is getting better and better efficiency.

565E7B11-922B-4A32-BB15-FCA43CBA1E96.thumb.jpeg.2d8f0e21ffced574b89c90c5a25ddeb8.jpeg

So how far can you pull a enclosed 2 place 

On 3/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, Mainecat said:

Nice! ….and your not spewing crap into the air.

No that is the coal plant or the trash burning plant or the franking loving NG plant or is it the diesel locomotive transporting spent rods to a mine in Utah? 

Audi .makes some fantastic Diesel F1 cars winning on the track.

Girl down the street has an Audi R8.. pretty hot combination!

Went looking at Audi etron gt r...  wild car, wish there was inventory

Audi has made great cars for ages, little pricey to be mainstream, but it sets the bar for the rest to catch up to.

Yes, for 8k more it can be delivered in Ski Doo yellow.  

• Gold Member

Pro tip of the day….  Range anxiety

It only exist in your brain.  Car will tell you what to do.

The lower the battery when pulling into the supercharger means you did it right.  
Car will always tell you to sit longer then needed at charging which is a waste of time.  The car will always have you pull in with 10+ percent of battery capacity.

this is what a near perfect pulling into a charger looks like.  Unfortunately I took on to much electricity at this stop cause I pulled into home with 14% percent capacity.  Means I spent extra time at the supercharger that wasn’t needed.

36DB0AF8-FC2E-487E-8AA7-D4CE81071A4B.thumb.jpeg.7fa212bcb03aa01f817fe9c64c2f09e9.jpeg

A2D775A3-D0D4-4CA3-B9E3-CDB4C51080C4.thumb.jpeg.42ca7aafff74f290410ff38eed0952c7.jpeg

• Gold Member

EV tip of the day

Holds true especially in the winter but also in warm temps.  If you aren’t plugged in turn your Sentry mode, camera recording mode off unless you are comfortable with losing a couple percent battery a day.    Winter time it keeps the cameras defrosted and computer constantly fired up.  I was seeing a few percent lose in battery a day with sentry mode on while vehicle sit for days….  If I turned sentry mode off I would not use any battery capacity over a week.  

But if you want to record vids around your car or see a live view around your car leave the sentry mode on.  Just know it will use a couple battery percent a day depending on how often you open the app on your phone or how often somebody gets close to your car triggering a recording event.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, ACE said:

Pro tip. Unless you’re a metrosexual that has a 10 block commute to your job as a mail sorter… you’re better off buying a real vehicle 

I have almost 10k miles on in 3 months lol!

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ACE said:

So you’re a super metrosexual 

Depends….  if extremely fast cars and pickups are for metrosexuals then yes I am.

Edited by BOHICA