Those that ride the Minocqua area may want to choose Snowmobile (motor sports in general) Friendly Businesses

*updated, due to the Trump Cult doing their best to make this post viral and carpet-bombing us with bad reviews, we might as well post a link to our merch page:) If you aren’t able to find our beer but want to support folks willing to tell the truth in a very red part of Wisconsin, then feel free to pick up a t-shirt in support. https://minocquabrewingcompany.shop/*
Alrighty friends,
There’s probably one more good snowmobiling trip left this season before the snow gets rough, and we’re already annoyed by all the kvetching about gas prices.
Listen, if you’re gonna regurgitate Fox News and falsely blame your president for making gas prices high, you might as well do it with a little flair!
We suggest listening to Mozart. Copy the way he composed variations on a theme instead of incessantly playing the same worn-out melody over and over again.
But really folks, being the good corporate citizens we are, we’ve created a little list of ways to save money on gas this weekend when chasing the snow #upnorth. Here is is:
--Stop snowmobiling altogether and go cross country skiing at Minocqua Winter Park. After your ride you’ll have earned that satisfying #progressivebeer instead of sloshing around from bar to bar on a gas-powered sled and then wrapping yourself around a tree on the way home.
--Once you’ve given up motorsports, you won’t need a gas-guzzling truck to haul your machines around anymore. Get yourself an electric all-wheel drive Subaru to carry your skis around.
--If you insist on the gas-guzzling truck, take that enormous Trump flag down. The wind resistance kills your gas mileage--not to mention it shows the world that you’ve got “low mileage” in other “performance” categories as well.
--This summer, skip the rage-filled Trump flotilla with your gas-guzzling and shore-destroying wake-surf boat and try paddle boarding instead. The added exercise will probably help you manage the anger and the impotence.
--After you’ve saved all that money on gas, treat yourself to a relatively inexpensive can of #kamalastout. At 8.7% ABV, one can of this stuff will get you almost as buzzed as 3 cans of Bud Light.
Cheers to economizing in the #northwoods this weekend!
  • Haha 1

It’s sad that people can’t just have a good time any more.  Obviously, focusing on a specific clientele while also making sure “those” people don’t try to stop by for a beer.  Where I generally ride in N MN, businesses are very supportive of snowmobiling, and I think that adds to the enjoyment.  Focus on fun, skip those establishments that don’t want to have fun.

I do believe he shut the place down and laid off his employees.  Something about no more stimulus money coming from the feds.  I've heard that he's now in Madison and that he is leasing his building in Minoqua to a pizza restaurant that has no affiliation to him.  I have not verified any of this but that's what I heard.  We rode in Minoqua area about 5 years ago and found several of the establishments less than inviting to us sledders, including one that's supposed to be a top 10 snowmobile destination.  We haven't been back since.

Now, we mostly ride in the Hayward WI area.  Always welcomed into restaurants and bars there, even during Birkie weekend.  I'm from MN and love a lot of WI beers and I'm always looking to try new ones.  However, I will most definitely avoid this self-important asshole's beer and spend my money elsewhere.  

19 hours ago, soeaster said:

I do believe he shut the place down and laid off his employees.  Something about no more stimulus money coming from the feds.  I've heard that he's now in Madison and that he is leasing his building in Minoqua to a pizza restaurant that has no affiliation to him.  I have not verified any of this but that's what I heard.  We rode in Minoqua area about 5 years ago and found several of the establishments less than inviting to us sledders, including one that's supposed to be a top 10 snowmobile destination.  We haven't been back since.

Now, we mostly ride in the Hayward WI area.  Always welcomed into restaurants and bars there, even during Birkie weekend.  I'm from MN and love a lot of WI beers and I'm always looking to try new ones.  However, I will most definitely avoid this self-important asshole's beer and spend my money elsewhere.  

No lease involved. He lost or sold the building. It's now Oakfire Pizza,and is very good, with NO affiliation with Kirk Bangstad, mbc owner

• Like 2

21 hours ago, soeaster said:

I'd rather get an elective colonoscopy without anesthesia than ride a snowmobile in the Minocqua area.  It's the poser capital of Northern Wisconsin.

3 hours ago, Allyammies said:

Too many FIBS.

Nailed it. 

• Haha 1

Hey all! Since it keeps getting shared in here and I can’t seem to keep up defending a business that unfortunately battles so many ghosts I’ll post hopefully that more people see it here vs in comments:
FYI for those who don’t know: disgusting Kirk doesn’t own the building he originated in! It is under new ownership as Oakfire and they’re good! Yes they own that building now. They have zero affiliation with him or MBC! They have multiple Oakfire restaurants in WI and run it under one Facebook page! Let’s not continue to make them suffer because of the real estate they purchased. I feel so bad for all the ghosts they continue to fight! He still owns the name MBC and keeps that Facebook page and brews trash he labels as beer in Madison. He does own a small run down building in downtown Minocqua behind the hotel that used to be a bike shop. Really only for the real estate so that he can say he’s a Minocqua resident and keep bitching about the locals who literally all hate him. POS excuse for a human and business man.