This is spiraling out of control quickly

Now Russia has stated if the west bans their oil they will halt gas exports to Europe. 

If that shit occurs Europe will be in the dark. They have no way to account for losing Russian energy imports.

Just now, f7ben said:

Now Russia has stated if the west bans their oil they will halt gas exports to Europe. 

If that shit occurs Europe will be in the dark. They have no way to account for losing Russian energy imports.

America could be supplying Europe with all its energy needs if we'd just start pumping. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Putin is a mad man!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I posted about this in another thread…Senator Chris Coon seems to think this is worth it…need to stand up for Democracy and Ukraine even if our energy costs here double.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

We should be expanding drilling at home along with developing our alternative energy. 

Just think about how much bullshit we've been involved in because of overseas oil. What if we didn't have to give a fuck about the Saudis or the Ruskis?

I think everybody knows this. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2020/09/29/did-the-us-become-the-worlds-top-oil-producer-under-president-trump/amp/

Thanks George Mitchell…The Father of Fracking.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/12/30/us-oil-production-to-increase-further-in-2022-oil-expert-dan-yergin.html

From the article….

Yergin also predicted oil prices will stay in the $65 to $85 per barrel range and that $100 oil is unlikely "unless some big geopolitical turmoil happens."

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

My guess is with all the sabre rattling, "escalate to descalate" or more accurately "escalate to win", this is Russian war doctrine playing out and there will be some "heady" UN negotiations and perhaps a settlement in the future.  There is more than one finger on the nukes, I can't believe that this many Russians want any part of a nuclear war.

Edited by DriftBusta

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

My guess is with all the sabre rattling, "escalate to descalate" or more accurately "escalate to win", this is Russian war doctrine playing out and there will be some "heady" UN negotiations and perhaps a settlement in the future.  There is more than one finger on the nukes, I can't believe that this many Russians want any part of a nuclear war.

I can’t believe this many American and NATO member civilians want it either. 

Just now, f7ben said:

So what do we gain by dumping Russian Oil other than some feel good bullshit and higher gas prices? 🤷🏻

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So what do we gain by dumping Russian Oil other than some feel good bullshit and higher gas prices? 🤷🏻

Not a thing....it’s just more provocation which is all we and nato have done to Russia for a long time 

Just now, f7ben said:

Not a thing....it’s just more provocation which is all we and nato have done to Russia for a long time 

Speaking of that….

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nato-ukraine-bush-idUSL0141706220080401

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

oh fuck no.  I'm wondering if I need to start stocking up on can goods.  

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

oh fuck no.  I'm wondering if I need to start stocking up on can goods.  

I’m not gonna do anything....if all my shit becomes worthless the bank can have it back and I’ll file Bk. If the supermarket shelves are bare I’ll eat my neighbors with a smile on my face

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

:dunno:  14 years ago.  Ukraine wanted to be in NATO, and Bush wanted to let them in.  Given NATO is a defense pact, and given that the Soviet Union had just broken up, we could easily argue that it was for the good of the world.  14 years later obviously Russia disagrees.  They used all the oil revenues to build up their military and enrich a handful of oligarchs.   And they're the ones invading another country right now and killing innocents.  So here we are.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

:dunno:  14 years ago.  Ukraine wanted to be in NATO, and Bush wanted to let them in.  Given NATO is a defense pact, and given that the Soviet Union had just broken up, we could easily argue that it was for the good of the world.  14 years later obviously Russia disagrees.  They used all the oil revenues to build up their military and enrich a handful of oligarchs.   And they're the ones invading another country right now and killing innocents.  So here we are.

When was the last time Russia attacked a country that wasn’t part of the Soviet Union? 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Just pointing out that NATO issue is not new and who are we to dictate what they do with their oil revenue?  If we are so concerned why do we ignore the bad deeds of The Saudis? 🤷🏻

Edited by Jimmy Snacks