Putin blows loads of truth all over the US and NATO

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Chickens roosting or something like that

I was still a right wing evangelical nut job when the Rev spoke those words. If I ever meet him I owe him an apology as he was spot on. 

Just now, f7ben said:

I was still a right wing evangelical nut job when the Rev spoke those words. If I ever meet him I owe him an apology as he was spot on. 

Christians get confused about crimes against humanity. But a real man of God will call it out wherever it is. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

For a mad man he sure lays out the truth pretty eloquently...

Yeah seems to talk quite well for someone who’s been driven mad by defeat 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Anler said:

Chickens roosting or something like that

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

I used to post that clip...the jackals hated it.

5 hours ago, akvanden said:

Comparing Iraq/afghan with countries  who are eligible to join NATO/EU is laughable.

NATO is an alliance against Russia. Why would vlad be concerned about that?

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Defensive alliance. 

Maybe Russia could join, although I believe one of the stipulations is you cant annex your neighbors, so…

2 hours ago, Anler said:

The Russian government promoted the Soviet breakaways to join NATO. Both Gorbachev and Yeltsin wanted to see this happen. In part for greater stability in the region. There was talk and an eventual goal of Russia joining NATO, provided they could get their political act together. Vlad put a bullet hole in that plan. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The Russian government promoted the Soviet breakaways to join NATO. Both Gorbachev and Yeltsin wanted to see this happen. In part for greater stability in the region. There was talk and an eventual goal of Russia joining NATO, provided they could get their political act together. Vlad put a bullet hole in that plan. 

Russia joining NATO? That would be interesting. They can join together and fight the aliens!

3 hours ago, akvanden said:

Defensive alliance. 

Maybe Russia could join, although I believe one of the stipulations is you cant annex your neighbors, so…

it stopped being a defensive alliance when the soviet union fell and NATO continued to add new member states to the organization. 

27 minutes ago, frenchy said:

it stopped being a defensive alliance when the soviet union fell and NATO continued to add new member states to the organization. 

I would have to disagree, given the charter of NATO.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I used to post that clip...the jackals hated it.

So you're the victim yet again...smh

11 hours ago, akvanden said:

Comparing Iraq/afghan with countries  who are eligible to join NATO/EU is laughable.

X3

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

which article, specifically? 

The one where it doesn’t say anything about the USSR.

Not sure why the dissolving of a country means other countries should no longer partner together for future unknown conflict, peace keeping missions, etc. Probably wouldn’t have been the best idea to dissolve in the 90s only to start back up in the 2000s.

Edited by akvanden

5 minutes ago, frenchy said:

which article, specifically? 

It seems pretty straightforward to me  :dunno: 

"The Parties to this Treaty reaffirm their faith in the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations and their desire to live in peace with all peoples and all governments.
They are determined to safeguard the freedom, common heritage and civilisation of their peoples, founded on the principles of democracy, individual liberty and the rule of law. They seek to promote stability and well-being in the North Atlantic area.
They are resolved to unite their efforts for collective defence and for the preservation of peace and security. They therefore agree to this North Atlantic Treaty :"

18 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It seems pretty straightforward to me  :dunno: 

"The Parties to this Treaty reaffirm their faith in the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations and their desire to live in peace with all peoples and all governments.
They are determined to safeguard the freedom, common heritage and civilisation of their peoples, founded on the principles of democracy, individual liberty and the rule of law. They seek to promote stability and well-being in the North Atlantic area.
They are resolved to unite their efforts for collective defence and for the preservation of peace and security. They therefore agree to this North Atlantic Treaty :"

Yes which were specific to NA and WESTERN Europe in the face of Soviet expansionism. NATO's encroachment into Eastern Europe and bringing on Eastern European member states is not in keeping with its original mandate, in fact it is exactly what they were defending against but in reverse.

Again this entire conflict has its roots in NATO expansionism.