Is western media making the situation worse?

Just now, f7ben said:

All the issues with the world can be boiled down to religion

Can I get an AMEN :lol:

I agree 100000000000000000000000%

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, HSR said:

I know/knew natives that lived those horrors here,,just despicable. My best friend growing up was native,,,I never knew until we hit our teens that he was different.In fact I got more razzing for being a ginger Irish kid,my parents still had the brogue.

Glad that the history is seeing the light....beatings, deaths, unmarked graves...sickening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

They also split up the ottoman empire. Why do you think nobody ever criticizes the Saudis for their crimes? 

World War 1 was just bored rich people....most wars now days are just bankers playing risk 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

They also split up the ottoman empire. Why do you think nobody ever criticizes the Saudis for their crimes? 

the Ottoman Empire fell on its own power. The majority of people in the empire couldn't read or write. Like America. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Glad that the history is seeing the light....beatings, deaths, unmarked graves...sickening.

Yup just gross.

He's still my best bud 40 years later,,lives around the corner.Gotta love small towns. 

• Like 1

Just now, WildMann said:

Agreed, but that was the after effects, not the actual cause.  

There were lots of reasons but the way I see it is Germany was becoming the world power and the French and English wouldn't have that. And Germany would have won that war if the US wasn't dragged into it. They split up Germany after that so they couldn't rebuild. Ww2 started when Germany invaded northern Poland which was part of Germany just 20 years prior. 

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Can I get an AMEN :lol:

I agree 100000000000000000000000%

Tribalism is really the issue with our evolution to this point and religion is in some ways an extension of that. We naturally try to fit ourselves into tribes of humans we see as similar be it race , religion , geography , political affiliation or almost anything we can use as commonality. As soon as we’ve chosen our tribe we immediately are more predisposed to marginalize other tribes which leads us to all sorts of inhumane actions that can be defended on some level. 

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

All the issues with the world can be boiled down to religion and tribalism. The sooner we can evolve past them both then we can really advance ourselves past barbarism. 

Move past?  I feel like we are descending further into the barbarism hole.   lol

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

World War 1 was just bored rich people....most wars now days are just bankers playing risk 

There is a saying that all wars are bankers wars. You can definitely make a case for that. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

the Ottoman Empire fell on its own power. The majority of people in the empire couldn't read or write. Like America. 

It's easy to control ignorants. 

2 minutes ago, WildMann said:

Move past?  I feel like we are descending further into the barbarism hole.   lol

That’s in some ways just a result of sensationalism and the bubble headed bleach blonde....this is the safest time to be alive in human history 

Tribalism is really the issue with our evolution to this point and religion is in some ways an extension of that. We naturally try to fit ourselves into tribes of humans we are as similar be it race , religion , geography , political affiliation or almost anything we can see as commonality. As soon as we’ve chosen our tribe we immediately are more predisposed to marginalize other tribes which leads us to all sorts of inhumane actions that can be defended on some level. 

Scary part is how true everything you just wrote is.  You would think as a species we would learn to be better than this.  

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I wanna roast momo with one of those tank mounted flame throwers 

phosgene gas was some weird shit. death occurred 48 hours following exposure. that's two breakfasts, lunches, and suppers. 

Edited by spin_dry

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

There were lots of reasons but the way I see it is Germany was becoming the world power and the French and English wouldn't have that. And Germany would have won that war if the US wasn't dragged into it. They split up Germany after that so they couldn't rebuild. Ww2 started when Germany invaded northern Poland which was part of Germany just 20 years prior. 

That is what I mean by after effects.  Once started, there were alliances made that changed things on the battlefield and changed the actual endgame.  Seems to be how war progresses.  Starts out as one thing and morphs into something else.  

7 minutes ago, WildMann said:

Scary part is how true everything you just wrote is.  You would think as a species we would learn to be better than this.  

It’s not really a conscious choice....it’s like a dog sniffing ass. It’s base instinct and had we not had it we likely wouldnt have survived as a species.

Edited by f7ben

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

phosgene gas was some weird shit. death occurred 48 hours following exposure. that's two breakfasts, lunches, and suppers. 

Imagine being subjected to mustard gas. You choke and die, possibly years later depending on the amount you ingested.  Think smoking is bad?   

It’s not really a conscious choice....it’s like a dog sniffing ass. It’s base instinct and had we not had it we likely wouldnt have survived as a species.

Yeah, you may be correct with that statement.  Although it may also contribute to our demise.  lol

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Trump's bic farts are bigger than that. 

2 meals of bigmacs followed by a severely well done steak at a Michelin 5 star. That man should be executed simply for his culinary faggotry 

• Haha 1