2023 Ordered

Doug

On 3/18/2022 at 6:57 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

DD1F1077-5FAB-489F-BDFA-7FBA6398FBAA.thumb.jpeg.9fd95732daf4b19bc348ec3deece1542.jpeg

Is this 'Al C.' from HCS?  ;)

22 hours ago, Doug said:

If I wasn't handing my sleds down to my wife to ride I would have went back to an Assualt.  The 136 and 137 have worked out well but normally like to buy something different than I had previously.  I've had Axys Assault's and liked them even though they are a little more work in the tight trails but still manageable.  My wife would have some trouble with an Assualt on the tight trails.  The Assault is listed as a cross over sled but another place they shine is straight line speed.  It is a very efficient chassis similar to what the wedge was.  Now you have me 2nd guessing.

Have a friend that bought a boost Assault so I'll get a chance to ride that.

Haven't been on a Matryx or many new Polaris but spent a bit of time on a friends Axys 600 Assault a couple winters ago (he was primarily riding it off trail and on a lot of forest service road areas) and I was utterly shocked how well it handled on tight trails I know well.  Had to throw a little more body english into it but it was definitely not what I expected.  Even though it was only the 600 it put the power to the ground, the front end got light very easily and it powered from a stop to 80 very quickly.  I was... impressed. 

If I were interested in replacing one of my sleds and using critical thinking it'd be a tough call between an RXC or a XCR 650 128" Cobra no estart and a standard gauge... but for $15K I'm in no rush and and considering giving the stock 500 the D&D 602 upgrade when it's time to do the top end.  The 650 XCR though... that's right in the hp category of my 720 which is a hoot and the option to use 87 octane, interesting.  ;)

1647784380781-productstill.png

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 3/19/2022 at 11:52 AM, Doug said:

If I wasn't handing my sleds down to my wife to ride I would have went back to an Assualt.  The 136 and 137 have worked out well but normally like to buy something different than I had previously.  I've had Axys Assault's and liked them even though they are a little more work in the tight trails but still manageable.  My wife would have some trouble with an Assualt on the tight trails.  The Assault is listed as a cross over sled but another place they shine is straight line speed.  It is a very efficient chassis similar to what the wedge was.  Now you have me 2nd guessing.

Have a friend that bought a boost Assault so I'll get a chance to ride that.

They do work well and I haven’t recieved my confirmation from Polaris for the Assault...should come through tomorrow. I see your point about  handing them down to the Mrs...they are a bit more work.

On 3/20/2022 at 9:44 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is this 'Al C.' from HCS?  ;)

Haven't been on a Matryx or many new Polaris but spent a bit of time on a friends Axys 600 Assault a couple winters ago (he was primarily riding it off trail and on a lot of forest service road areas) and I was utterly shocked how well it handled on tight trails I know well.  Had to throw a little more body english into it but it was definitely not what I expected.  Even though it was only the 600 it put the power to the ground, the front end got light very easily and it powered from a stop to 80 very quickly.  I was... impressed. 

If I were interested in replacing one of my sleds and using critical thinking it'd be a tough call between an RXC or a XCR 650 128" Cobra no estart and a standard gauge... but for $15K I'm in no rush and and considering giving the stock 500 the D&D 602 upgrade when it's time to do the top end.  The 650 XCR though... that's right in the hp category of my 720 which is a hoot and the option to use 87 octane, interesting.  ;)

1647784380781-productstill.png

Yes it’s me and I wanted a 650 but my dealer only had one allocated to them over all models...sure loved my 720 and that chassis is just about perfect.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They do work well and I haven’t recieved my confirmation from Polaris for the Assault...should come through tomorrow. I see your point about  handing them down to the Mrs...they are a bit more work.

Yes it’s me and I wanted a 650 but my dealer only had one allocated to them over all models...sure loved my 720 and that chassis is just about perfect.

good to see you :) 

I'm picking up another one, because I'm retarded :lol2:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

good to see you :) 

I'm picking up another one, because I'm retarded :lol2:

Yeah…you might be…I might be as well…looking at SP500 as a backup and something my daughter could ride on occasion. What’s the scoop on the DD 602 you mentioned? 
edit: I just checked it out…that’s a dandy little kit!👍🏼🇺🇸

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 5:39 PM, Doug said:

My dealer now has 2023 850 XC 146, (2) 850 VR1 129 and (1) 850 XCR 128 in stock.  Shipments look a lot more promising this year.

Was at a dealer today that got some 2023's in.. the new set up for a battery tender was nice, took the one off their 4wheelers and adapted it to sleds..

IMG_20220816_143022611.jpg

Edited by Rigid1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Was at a dealer today that got some 2023's in.. the new set up for a battery tender was nice, took the one off their 4wheelers and adapted it to sleds..

IMG_20220816_143022611.jpg

You can buy the battery tender plug from Polaris for around $35.00 or basically the same thing from Amazon for $14.00

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TBCNVTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Battery port.jpg

• Like 1