Last weekend of the 21-22 season is ???

p51mstg

Okay, what do you guys think?  In the entire state, who'll be the last among us to ride on actual snow and when will that be?

I know I've got one more weekend up north for sure, but after that it gets questionable.  March 6th might be my last day, unless I can get back up there the next weekend.

Supposed to head to Emily area next weekend, and I suspect that will be fine even if they get some warmer temps leading up to next weekend .... well, I hope anyway.  After that, I'm probably done (weekends are filling up with other "to do" items).

• Like 1

I am riding this week.  I'd say by how much snow is on the ground and the forecasts of below average temps, April riding will be possible this year.  Trails are mint and I was cutting wood yesterday and snow was thigh deep it was a chore.  I got stuck a bunch too!

On 3/12/2022 at 7:36 PM, racinfarmer said:

Rode yesterday and today.  Trails north of Alexandria were still good.  Cold a shit yesterday though.  

Sunday was the first day I've ridden about 20 degrees all year.  Been a cold one! 

Still lots of snow along the shore.  A few good weeks of riding left.

22 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Sunday was the first day I've ridden about 20 degrees all year.  Been a cold one! 

Still lots of snow along the shore.  A few good weeks of riding left.

Just booked a room up north for this coming weekend.  3 more days coming up.

• Like 1

I rode 160 miles on Saturday from Emily to Remer to Hill City. The trails were perfect! unfortunatly the Emily/Outing Snowbirds have anounced, on there website, that they have suspended gromming for the year due to the weather predicted this week. Its over till next year in this area boys!

7 hours ago, streetrodder2 said:

I rode 160 miles on Saturday from Emily to Remer to Hill City. The trails were perfect! unfortunatly the Emily/Outing Snowbirds have anounced, on there website, that they have suspended gromming for the year due to the weather predicted this week. Its over till next year in this area boys!

Small world ... two buddies and I did the same loop last Thursday, leaving from Blue Lake (Emily).  Trails were hard packed, but overall very good and loosened up a bit as the day went on.  Friday we rode south towards Pequot Lakes and then over to Mission Tavern and to the Bridge Tavern & back towards Emily at the Pickled Loon.  It was a good "final ride of the year" weekend for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Small world ... two buddies and I did the same loop last Thursday, leaving from Blue Lake (Emily).  Trails were hard packed, but overall very good and loosened up a bit as the day went on.  Friday we rode south towards Pequot Lakes and then over to Mission Tavern and to the Bridge Tavern & back towards Emily at the Pickled Loon.  It was a good "final ride of the year" weekend for us.

Ha, I ate at the pickled loon on Saturday.  We rode basically all the trails there putting in nearly 500mi in 2 days + Friday night.  Other than needing scratchers I was surprised at how well groomed things were and also how rough all the ditches were that were not on the grooming list.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finland snowmobile club posted on FB (March 26), one last grooming for this weekend before the trails close on the 31st.  Hope some people get a chance to ride up there before it melts.

On 3/27/2022 at 8:16 AM, p51mstg said:

Finland snowmobile club posted on FB (March 26), one last grooming for this weekend before the trails close on the 31st.  Hope some people get a chance to ride up there before it melts.

Unloading in finland shortly. Anybody know if hungry jack or any other lodges have pay at the pump? Seems most up the gunflint are closed for the season

Edited by Cat45

31 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Unloading in finland shortly. Anybody know if hungry jack or any other lodges have pay at the pump? Seems most up the gunflint are closed for the season

Hungry Jack is pay at the pump.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a Facebook post from an Arctic Cat dealer in Finland this weekend - bare spots, but still rideable snow.  With the rain we're expecting this week, I'm guessing that will be the end of it, eh?