What are you looking at for 2023

Doug

If I were looking at anything, and could justify the cost ... I'd love the Assault turbo, even if only for one season - just to give it a go.  But I'm sitting this Snow Check out and will have to see how it goes for you guys who pull the trigger.

I’m half way through the main presentation and had to stop to catch my breath.  Wow, good job, Polaris!  Turbo 2s and a 4s in the same year.  Wow!  At this point, I don’t want to know how much they cost.  But, I need a ride on that 4S right NOW.  Since I’ve ridden the Turbo T-Cat, I think that entitles me to seat time on the turbo VR1, as well.  Like, a year-long demo.

Levi and Dan did a great job, the VP guy was smart to leverage subject matter experts instead of trying to read from a fricken teleprompter the entire time.  This is a great example of how to conduct a presentation.

I missed ‘21 Haydays because of the grandkids, but this year I’m going if I have to drag them along.

Wow.

• Gold Member

I usually trade every 2 years.  Which means I am due.  But fuck all that.  Been 2 miserable winters in a row.  Don't have 2500 miles on my 2021 and I know what it is.  Working everyday is allowing me to see the shit show of quality control fuck ups and excuses made for the fuck ups.  I am not trading this season.  If I was going to I sure as shit wouldn't be buying a 2s turbo for trail riding.  Not the first year version especially.  How are you guys not talking about the 900?  If that debut is good next winter and they put it in the trail sleds then maybe I would be in the market.  I just rode trails in 2-3 ft of fresh powder and my sled was running 7-8000 RPMS for 40 miles.  You think it woulda held together with a fucking hairdryer feeding it?

Good point.  It seemed like they had one new engine/configuration up their sleeve and with a turbo in the mountain sleds, it seemed like that was logical to introduce that for flatlanders.  I figured that was all they had new this year.  The 900 is at least as big of a deal if not more so.  That ball was in the catchers mitt before I realized the pitch was thrown.

26 minutes ago, Sael said:

Local dealer showing all 850 boosts sold out and all 650’s for 2023.

Just stopped at my dealer for some parts and talked to the sales guy.  Has two 850's and 3 boosted 850 trail sleds left to snowcheck.  Not sure what other dealers are doing but they are going fast!

Guys that are on the fence may want to make your decision quick.  My dealer will be sold out of Boosted sleds, VR1 and XCR's today or tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Just stopped at my dealer for some parts and talked to the sales guy.  Has two 850's and 3 boosted 850 trail sleds left to snowcheck.  Not sure what other dealers are doing but they are going fast!

Well when you get no more than 25 and they keep 15-20 for themselves. Chit happens. 

• 4 weeks later...

After being out of sledding for two + years, bought a dealer demo '22 850 XCR 136, electric with 7S. Have not so much as sat on one so heres hoping I like it. Pick up next Wed, just in time to put away till next year.

Edited by ZRSledhead
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ZRSledhead said:

After being out of sledding for two years, bought a dealer demo '22 850 XCR 136, electric with 7S. Have not so much as sat on one so heres hoping I like it. Pick up next Wed, just in time to put away till next year.

Rick, is that you???  Congrats - I've got the 650 version of that sled and I really like it (I do miss the 850 grunt/power).  I'm pretty confident in saying, I think you're gonna be happy with it.

• Like 1

And then there is me. Keeping my 2015 RMK fresh and upgrading the 2021 Indy 600 rental sled that I bought this time last year for 1/2 the price of new. I hope this years snow check turns out better than last year for those taking the plunge. I don’t see myself buying new possibly ever again. Cant seem to drum up enough interest in other people to ride as much as I would like to so I’ll be damned if I’m going to spend the big bucks for the shit to sit in the barn and rot. :bc:

E0C52D22-B3D6-4F10-8196-E03656C93DF1.jpeg

04114C82-A062-4547-90E9-622735F736BE.jpeg

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

And then there is me. Keeping my 2015 RMK fresh and upgrading the 2021 Indy 600 rental sled that I bought this time last year for 1/2 the price of new. I hope this years snow check turns out better than last year for those taking the plunge. I don’t see myself buying new possibly ever again. Cant seem to drum up enough interest in other people to ride as much as I would like to so I’ll be damned if I’m going to spend the big bucks for the shit to sit in the barn and rot. :bc:

E0C52D22-B3D6-4F10-8196-E03656C93DF1.jpeg

04114C82-A062-4547-90E9-622735F736BE.jpeg

If I were starting from scratch, and had nothing to sell or trade, I would definitely be in the position of saying "Screw that!" and not buying new.  For the past 5 years or so we've half-heartedly joked about the prices and getting to the point of pricing us out of the sport.  Well, I think right now is truly that point.  Pushing $20K for a sled is absurd, let alone OVER $20K (buddy of mine was quoted $22K for a Boost).   No f'ing way.

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

Rick, is that you???  Congrats - I've got the 650 version of that sled and I really like it (I do miss the 850 grunt/power).  I'm pretty confident in saying, I think you're gonna be happy with it.

It sure is brother, been awhile.  Really liked my Rush Pro S but always felt it lacked a lil stability / hair darty at speed so was originally looking for a 128 but so many happy with the 136 I took the plunge. My brother is getting twin to mine but in blue (red for me).

When thinking about jumping back in, good grief I had no idea how much prices had gone up since I bought my '16 Pro S. Then looking at used, not accused to seeing 1 and 2 yr old sleds priced either at or above what they sold for new. Patience saw me secure what I think was a really good deal on this one.  So next it was onto a single enclosed trailer, I thought sleds had gone up a bunch, good grief on trailers. Found a used all aluminum Triton but felt like I had to bend myself over on the price. Cost of having fun I guess, not complaining.

Edited by ZRSledhead
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

If I were starting from scratch, and had nothing to sell or trade, I would definitely be in the position of saying "Screw that!" and not buying new.  For the past 5 years or so we've half-heartedly joked about the prices and getting to the point of pricing us out of the sport.  Well, I think right now is truly that point.  Pushing $20K for a sled is absurd, let alone OVER $20K (buddy of mine was quoted $22K for a Boost).   No f'ing way.

Agree with Saya and Bontz, Prices are nuts. I'll be 67 in December, My 20 850 with 3,000 miles 1 yr warranty left, and 21 650 with 1,300 miles and 2 yr warranty left, should get me into my 70's.  I can always pull out my 2000 600-660 ves and even be able to work on it under the hood.

• Like 1

Yeah prices new and used are crazy.  I bought a new ‘21 for $15,400 out the door, and have an ‘18 I paid $9k a year old with 240 miles.  Sticker was $13,500 OTD.  Also have a ‘16 I paid $7400 for it, those should get me a few years anyway.  All Axys Switchbacks, newest two are XCR’s.

But I’m always looking with cash in hand for that Sunday afternoon deal that just doesn’t happen anymore - and nearly $20k new?  Yikes - I may have to start backing down on my season miles.  Naaaah!!

90D22824-99DA-4554-B475-62B28623E383.jpeg

DC6937F5-C6E9-431F-8F8D-889B0622A6CB.jpeg

Edited by Mag6240

5 hours ago, Bontz said:

I don’t know bud. There’s a lot of people with money into power sports that don’t even bat an eye at these sled and sxs prices. Coworker just spent something like $30k on one of those Ranger Northstar Editions. That’s insane. Sure, at least you get more use out of a sxs but they are in no way worth what they currently cost, either. 

Don’t get me wrong, if I was riding as much as I use to, I would probably still be buying new every 2-3 years. As stupid as that may be in todays market. Hell I KNOW I can get what I paid for my RMK, back in 2017, right now and I really want an Axys chassis deep snow sled but, used sled prices are stupid right now. The ONLY reason I bought my Indy was because it was so cheap. Same dealer that I bought it from had his entire rental fleet sold before February this year. Word got out I guess.

All markets are going to have to correct before long. There isn’t enough money being made out there to sustain it all. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

Prices are getting crazy.  Guys I ride were surprised I didn't buy the boost.  At a $4500 premium I just have a problem paying that.  That's more than I paid for my first couple new snowmobiles.  Add that to the base price increase we also lost a year worth of warranty.  I only keep my sleds 1 or 2 years and the 4 year warranty helped with resale.  With the February deliver of my sled was really thinking they would have brought the golden ticket back.  Nope.  Its understandable why some dealers are not selling their allotment.  The price point is now past the point of the average rider.

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

Prices are getting crazy.  Guys I ride were surprised I didn't buy the boost.  At a $4500 premium I just have a problem paying that.  That's more than I paid for my first couple new snowmobiles.  Add that to the base price increase we also lost a year worth of warranty.  I only keep my sleds 1 or 2 years and the 4 year warranty helped with resale.  With the February deliver of my sled was really thinking they would have brought the golden ticket back.  Nope.  Its understandable why some dealers are not selling their allotment.  The price point is now past the point of the average rider.

Good point on the loss of a year's warranty, too ... yep :thumbsup:

I sure hope the guys who went all in on the Boost don't come away disappointed next year if there's issues with it.  I don't think the mountain turbos have been exactly bullet proof this season (heat issues?).

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Good point on the loss of a year's warranty, too ... yep :thumbsup:

I sure hope the guys who went all in on the Boost don't come away disappointed next year if there's issues with it.  I don't think the mountain turbos have been exactly bullet proof this season (heat issues?).

2 guys I ride with bought boost so I'll get some seat time on them and see if there's issues.  What also hurt in my opinion is the 900 for the Mountain sleds only.  Seens like the 850 is on its way out.  If Polaris comes out with a flatland 900 in 2024 that will hurt the resale on the 2023 850's.  Guess I'll find out about that one.  I've been through enough first year sleds/motors that I'll pass.  Some have been great others have had growing pains.

• 2 weeks later...