Speedo Vrs. GPS -- How far off?

My z1 turbo was 1-2 mph off at 120mph.

Zr900 and all my other analog speedo sleds is about 10% off

I think my sp500 was close, within a couple mph at top speed.

Haven't checked the high country, your zr results make me curious although I never look at speed anyway

20 minutes ago, HSR said:

No,no ya don't

what about lug flick?  

huh?  how about that?

:lol:

They show how fast they really are (?) with GPS here... rather than the optimismometer.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

12 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

All my 600's have been within a mile of my GPS. You do have to let them run for a bit at speed to get a good reading and to eliminate the spinning. 

So to ride the Minnesota 50mph speed limit do you ride 49 or 51 mph?  

:lol:

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

doos are off 10%,   polaris 75 or so.  cats who cares no one buys those POS

:bc: just a friendly reminder we're in a no bash zone. Not trying to be a dick as I too am guilty of posting off topic so if I slap your pee-pee you can slap mine :thumbsup: In a non gay manor. No mooshamboo :bc:

10 hours ago, HSR said:

:bc: just a friendly reminder we're in a no bash zone. Not trying to be a dick as I too am guilty of posting off topic so if I slap your pee-pee you can slap mine :thumbsup: In a non gay manor. No mooshamboo :bc:

Thanks for the reminder.  Trying to have even a quasi technical discussion around here is like folding soup most the time.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

A little faster than that crabby. 102 on my speedo. 101 on GPS. Two years ago on my 20 on about a 6 mile wide open lake run.  Faster than your Polaris still. 

My 19 600 limited has not seen above 96 on it the speedo one time and is normally around 94 so I find that hard to believe.

On basically glare ice my 18 800 would bounce 111-112 on the speedo and was always 107gps in those conditions. Any type of loose or packed with loose top that thing was constant 98mph gps. My 22 800 I hit 103gps on packed snow I didn’t even look at the speedometer because of the shorter lake and I knew the gps was going but I’m guessing it said 105-107.

14 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

My 19 600 limited has not seen above 96 on it the speedo one time and is normally around 94 so I find that hard to believe.

On basically glare ice my 18 800 would bounce 111-112 on the speedo and was always 107gps in those conditions. Any type of loose or packed with loose top that thing was constant 98mph gps. My 22 800 I hit 103gps on packed snow I didn’t even look at the speedometer because of the shorter lake and I knew the gps was going but I’m guessing it said 105-107.

Run it for 6 miles and I bet you will get some more speed. One time deal for me. I probably wont see 80 mph anymore. As I age, I have been getting smarter. More to life  than 100 mph. Prefer to see the scenery around me now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Palu49 said:

That is my 18 as well.  Not a huge issue but it does make me wonder if they can be calibrated.