Buffalo Wings in Buffalo NY

• Gold Member

I am the short straw drawer on our support team .

I was sent to Buffalo to fix some  equipment and I should be  done by early  afternoon  on Wednesday if everything goes well. After the wings I will be  doing a  "rinse" at the World Of Beer.

SUGGESTIONS?

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Not sure on the wings, but Dinosaurs's BBQ was highly recommend to us when we were there and I was rather disappointed.

Stay away from Dinosaur BBQ. It used to be fantastic but now that its gone to a franchise shop its an "also ran" at best.  As for wings in Buffalo, try the Anchor Bar. It consistently get great reviews but it also has gone the franchise route.

The original Anchor Bar burnt to the ground years ago which is what happens to most any building in Buffalo eventually. Three black youths were seen running from the scene :lol: I am afraid today you are not going to get anything even remotely representing the best wings from what ever facsimile of an Anchor Bar you can find today. 

• Gold Member
34 minutes ago, Momorider said:

The original Anchor Bar burnt to the ground years ago which is what happens to most any building in Buffalo eventually. Three black youths were seen running from the scene :lol: I am afraid today you are not going to get anything even remotely representing the best wings from what ever facsimile of an Anchor Bar you can find today. 

I'll give $20 to go over the falls in a barrel. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Momorider said:

I had wings at the Anchor bar and grille at the Buffalo airport waiting for my flight to peurto rico last yr .....they were really good. :news:

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

I had wings at the Anchor bar and grille at the Buffalo airport waiting for my flight to peurto rico last yr .....they were really good. :news:

I have had some from there about 7 or 8 years ago and fuck me they were salty as fuck uneatable actually. I have actually had wings from the original Anchor Bar back before it burnt down like in the 80's :)  

Just now, Momorider said:

I have had some from there about 7 or 8 years ago and fuck me they were salty as fuck uneatable actually. I have actually had wings from the original Anchor Bar back before it burnt down like in the 80's :)  

Yup...I did as well....use to live 35 mins or so from Buffalo....If we go for wings now when were back home....we either go to Jocko's or Sammy's in Niagara Falls NY.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Yup...I did as well....use to live 35 mins or so from Buffalo....If we go for wings now when were back home....we either go to Jocko's or Sammy's in Niagara Falls NY.

Back then you had to go to Buffalo for wings you couldn't get them at every fucking corner road house on the planet :guzzle: 

Edited by Momorider
  • Like 1

Back in the mid 70's when you couldn't get wings everywhere a group of us drove from Toronto to Buffalo for wings at the Anchor Bar & Grill. When we got to the border, which was a lot less strict back then the border guard asked where we were going and why. When we told him, he just laughed and said have a good trip.

14 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Back in the mid 70's when you couldn't get wings everywhere a group of us drove from Toronto to Buffalo for wings at the Anchor Bar & Grill. When we got to the border, which was a lot less strict back then the border guard asked where we were going and why. When we told him, he just laughed and said have a good trip.

We still do that now..at the Rainbow bridge....but we say Jocko's or Sammy's instead

Edited by Dave

Just now, Snoslinger said:

I remember when wings were $.10 apiece at the local dive bar.

This place called O'Toole's in St.Catharines Ont. use to have them for 7cents on tuesdays unlimited....we use to call them pigeon wings cause they were so small. :lol:

Just now, Dave said:

This place called O'Toole's in St.Catharines Ont. use to have them for 7cents on tuesdays unlimited....we use to call them pigeon wings cause they were so small. :lol:

I actually like smaller wings better, and very well done. some of the ones the local places serve are more like teradactle wings.

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I actually like smaller wings better, and very well done. some of the ones the local places serve are more like teradactle wings.

I like them crispy too....mind you ive been cooking them in this Traeger smoker I bought for when we are RVing and they are awesome smoked.

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

I used to work for a co. based in St. Catharines and ate at O'toole's once

• Like 1