Central MN Pond Racing... anyone?

p51mstg

Has anyone attended the CMPR racing series lately?  I have a non-snowmobiling weekend coming up, thought I might head over to Grey Eagle to the Race On Trace.  It might be cool to see some olde tyme oval ice racing.  Do they get the big dollar drag sleds or is it just old iron dogs from the 70's?

Well, it was cold, but fun.  They have a radar run on one side and ice oval on the other.  A lot of people participating.  The wind was really making it miserable to stand and watch, most spectators were smart enough to sit in the vehicles and watch alongside the tracks (which was allowed).  Good times, we're planning on going again next year.

We ended up at the Hub, which was pretty good.  But, I've heard that Double R is really good and it was one of our choices. 

Because this was my first Race on Trace, I don't know how attendance compares to previous years but I thought it was impressive.  There was some serious money in both the oval races and radar run.  Saw several 1000ft runs top 170 mph!  I expected the oval classes to be mostly amateur / self-funded, but some classes were extremely competitive.  Looking forward to next year and potentially attending other CMPR races, we'll see what my schedule looks like.