50K Homeless Veterans

Rigid1

• Platinum Contributing Member

With all this libitard nonsense wanting to bring in all these syrians from the other side of the world, why are you guys not starting threads about the close to 50k homeless veterans living on the streets or the 500k homeless american citizens.. You guys care more about Syrians than your own people??:nuts:

You can't sensationalize a homeless person near as well as you can a refugee from the other side of the world so the media will hype what sells. Very few were aware of Syria until just over a year ago the media published a picture of a baby washed up on shore. It is indeed tragic but was aimed at sensationalism and tugging on the heart strings. 

Just like SPCA ads. They tend to show little furry cats rather than the cow or pig in the barnyard. It's marketing and they know it works 

12 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

With all this libitard nonsense wanting to bring in all these syrians from the other side of the world, why are you guys not starting threads about the close to 50k homeless veterans living on the streets or the 500k homeless american citizens.. You guys care more about Syrians than your own people??:nuts:

Why didnt Trump start helping Veterans instead of worrying about how many people were at his coronation?

Besides the Republicans always knock any bill from Democrats to helping veterans.

Edited by Mainecat

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/255643-senate-democrats-block-va-funding-bill

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/senate-democrats-block-funding-american-troops-veterans/

I can copy and paste too, but you didnt answer my question..

Why are YOU so adamant about us helping the Syrian homeless and not American homeless?? I've never seen a thread started by YOU about helping the american homeless, but shit how many do YOU have going about Syrians??

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/255643-senate-democrats-block-va-funding-bill

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/senate-democrats-block-funding-american-troops-veterans/

I can copy and paste too, but you didnt answer my question..

Why are YOU so adamant about us helping the Syrian homeless and not American homeless?? I've never seen a thread started by YOU about helping the american homeless, but shit how many do YOU have going about Syrians??

I have had many in the past regarding veterans and their lack of support.

I have zero regarding Syrians specifically.

Now I do support any ANY and all refugees from war torn countries. Do you have a problem with that?

My point in this thread is to possibly allow some of you with blinders on to see that we need to get our shit straight at home before we go helping others.. I honestly think some of you guys just are totally incapable of seeing what is going on outside of your own perfect snowflake little worlds.. Im not saying its a Dem im not saying its a Rep issue, It's an America issue..The only one I seeing putting America first in a VERY long time is the current POTUS..

• Like 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

My point in this thread is to possibly allow some of you with blinders on to see that we need to get our shit straight at home before we go helping others.. I honestly think some of you guys just are totally incapable of seeing what is going on outside of your own perfect snowflake little worlds.. Im not saying its a Dem im not saying its a Rep issue, It's an America issue..The only one I seeing putting America first in a VERY long time is the current POTUS..

I agree with everything except trump. He is putting himself ahead of America.

Just now, Mainecat said:

I have had many in the past regarding veterans and their lack of support.

I have zero regarding Syrians specifically.

Now I do support any ANY and all refugees from war torn countries. Do you have a problem with that?

From both sides or just the right???

What if Japan was in a war??

Yes, I do, we need to get our shit straight

where do you "draw the line" with this comparison rigid? no refugees until all vets are mentally stable and living in warm houses? what about other homeless people? we should do more for our vets, no doubt. we can start by not creating more war vets. but regardless, that doesn't mean we should close the doors on refugees from war torn areas.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Why didnt Trump start helping Veterans instead of worrying about how many people were at his coronation?

Besides the Republicans always knock any bill from Democrats to helping veterans.

Why didn't Obambi, why didn't you?

30 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

16265223_1642764642692907_491798341921703348_n.jpg

LOL it takes a meme for most liberals to understand this.  It's laughable because this really has very little to do with actual refugees.  It has to do with the people that are TERRORISTS posing as refugees.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

From both sides or just the right???

What if Japan was in a war??

Yes, I do, we need to get our shit straight

You are aware there is already a lengthy vetting process in place for refugees right?

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

where do you "draw the line" with this comparison rigid? no refugees until all vets are mentally stable and living in warm houses? what about other homeless people? we should do more for our vets, no doubt. we can start by not creating more war vets. but regardless, that doesn't mean we should close the doors on refugees from war torn areas.

Look out for #1 and take care of our own first and foremost. When that is handled then turn any available resources towards helping outsiders. Call me selfish...

Not creating more war vets is also a great place to start agreed.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

LOL it takes a meme for most liberals to understand this.  It's laughable because this really has very little to do with actual refugees.  It has to do with the people that are TERRORISTS posing as refugees.

you really are clueless

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yeah, I don't think you understand it, so...

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

You are aware there is already a lengthy vetting process in place for refugees right?

Just how good is this vetting process really? Seems like we are trying to vet a ton of John/jane Does going on little to no info.

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Just how good is this vetting process really? Seems like we are trying to vet a ton of John/jane Does going on little to no info.

It's such a great vetting process that it stopped the Boston marathon bombers/ refugees