Gas Prices

Blackstar

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Europe has had insane GAS prices for decades we have been spoiled it seems

They definately have had high prices forever but also alot of the European countries have better transit systems than here. They also don't drive long  distances like North Americans

Edited by smokin george

On 5/11/2022 at 9:06 AM, 1trailmaker said:

Europe has had insane GAS prices for decades we have been spoiled it seems

That is a stupid attitude. There is the problem right there your willing to except the status quote....all wrong

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 9:01 PM, Poncho said:

That is a stupid attitude. There is the problem right there your willing to except the status quote....all wrong

Do you honestly think Trail would criticize, condemn, ridicule or say anything negative at all about his Liberal idol and his green energy/climate change scam? 

$2.10 a liter here today. :wall: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, smokin george said:

The Ultramar in Fenelon is $1.91 and the Esso $2.01. It'll all be over $2 in a bit here

Tourism guy for the Kawarthas said last week he didn't think the gas prices would affect visitors this summer. I'm sure he's been huffing gas to think that way. It cost me a hundred bucks today to fill 2 5 gallon cans w/ premium @ the local station. I can just imagine what marinas are charging for regular. I recall a few years ago seeing folks at the station w/ a utility trailer full of jerry cans. I'm guessing it was worth the hassle to fill them up in town to fuel their toys than go to the marinas on Chandos or Jack's.

9 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Tourism guy for the Kawarthas said last week he didn't think the gas prices would affect visitors this summer. I'm sure he's been huffing gas to think that way. It cost me a hundred bucks today to fill 2 5 gallon cans w/ premium @ the local station. I can just imagine what marinas are charging for regular. I recall a few years ago seeing folks at the station w/ a utility trailer full of jerry cans. I'm guessing it was worth the hassle to fill them up in town to fuel their toys than go to the marinas on Chandos or Jack's.

It would be a premium at a marina. I sold my bowrider last year and glad I don't have to fill it. The pontoon has a portable tank and we're on a small lake and only 60hp so it's easy on gas. I put $150 in the truck yesterday and could've put a little more in.

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

I'm glad I don't have to drive my motorhome around.

Good chance mine will be setting most of the summer. Which really is gonna suck 

9 minutes ago, toslow said:

Good chance mine will be setting most of the summer. Which really is gonna suck 

Mine is in Nova Scotia on our lot and will be used as a campsite for the summer/fall. We're hoping to start building next spring and once that starts I'll get rid of it as we have a house rented there as well.

46 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Mine is in Nova Scotia on our lot and will be used as a campsite for the summer/fall. We're hoping to start building next spring and once that starts I'll get rid of it as we have a house rented there as well.

I wanted to go back home, the price of diesel in Quebec is just robbery so going through that province will be expensive 

Edited by toslow

51 minutes ago, toslow said:

I wanted to go back home, the price of diesel in Quebec is just robbery so going through that province will be expensive 

That's for sure. We went down for March break in the truck and it was twice as much round trip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member

$1.89 around here this afternoon.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:16 PM, Blackstar said:

seen $1.66 today

Who'd a thought I'd be wishing we could go back to this only 3 months later..

We have been spoiled in North America for many decades enjoying low fuel costs as compared to the rest of the world. We have spent minimal resources on public transit,rail system etc. Many of us have  arrogantly driven huge 4x4 v8 gas guzzling trucks back and forth to work.   Not because we needed to but instead  because we wanted to compensate for our  undersize wiener. We typically avoid carpooling etc. because we are able to enjoy the freedom and convienience of operating our own personal rolling  monstrosity equipped with every luxury imaginable .  Grandpa never would have guessed the future would require a heated steering wheel?  I am on the 401 every day with these huge trucks and SUV's more often than not carrying a  single occupant . A close look at these vehicles would normally reveal a pristine ,unscratched and never used cargo area along with a driver that is very likely to have never  ever in the trucks life  shifted to 4x4 mode. No where else in the world has this mindset like us. Because of this our mass transit , bus  rail etc is years behind the rest of the world . While other countries are embracing technologies like rapid rail , mag lev . etc . we are operating slow moving antiquated equipment  on  a minimal schedule . You can travel by rail fast seamlessly and easily  through several countries in Europe in one trip. We cant even go Toronto to Kingston by rail as effortlessly. When our highways become congested we whine and complain and try to build more and more expensive higways many times on previously prime farmland to further the cause and for the sake of convienience. . Just like Dougs new highway. Even if  everyone got on board and we were to start to update our infrastructure today we will be years catching up with everyone else .

Edited by Dieseltech

23 minutes ago, Dieseltech said:

I figured everyone would go quiet on this one .....

Not really, look at the price of gas and diesel in any energy supplying country, we are getting raped by our governments 

• Confused 1