Gas Prices

Blackstar

• Platinum Contributing Member

Gas prices hit $1.59/litre at many stations this morning.

Experts say the record high prices at the pumps could go even higher, hitting $1.70 per litre by July.

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/gas-prices-could-hit-1-70-per-litre-by-summer-impacting-local-businesses-1.5776551

42 minutes ago, toslow said:

Thank a politician, but wait we need this to save the planet.  

the 8.8 cents carbon tax isn't the problem

Not sure how you think 1 year gas goes from 90Cents to 1.60 - taxes have nothing ot do with it

Thanks trucker blockades for today's increases 

3 minutes ago, toslow said:

The price increase translates to 8.8 cents per litre of gasoline as of April 1, 2021 for the regular consumer, according to the Canada Revenue Agency.

:dunno:  

so I believe they added 3 cents this year - so an increase of 3 cents explains the 70 cents added in the past year 

okAY Toslow what ever you think

Like i keep saying you haven’t got the ability to think. In your mind you are only seeing the price at the pump and not the trickle down costs added to everything that tax is added in to 

i don’t know rather to keep saying you’re a dumb dumb or start to feel sry for illness 

Edited by toslow

1 hour ago, toslow said:

Like i keep saying you haven’t got the ability to think. In your mind you are only seeing the price at the pump and not the trickle down costs added to everything that tax is added in to 

i don’t know rather to keep saying you’re a dumb dumb or start to feel sry for illness 

When did prices go down because gasoline went from a 1.30 to .90 cents :dunno:  

When you have fuel as a part of your day to day business, higher fuel prices are calculated into the costs to cover increases that come and go all the time....   When we budget for a fleet of trucks we don't use the days price for calculating fuel costs ...  carry on your ramblings about carbon tax adding 70% to gas prices in the last 12 months 

The government is not in control of these high prices 

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

When did prices go down because gasoline went from a 1.30 to .90 cents :dunno:  

When you have fuel as a part of your day to day business, higher fuel prices are calculated into the costs to cover increases that come and go all the time....   When we budget for a fleet of trucks we don't use the days price for calculating fuel costs ...  carry on your ramblings about carbon tax adding 70% to gas prices in the last 12 months 

The government is not in control of these high prices 

Once again you go off topic, dude at least try to focus on the conversation and big picture. Nobody said the tax raised the price of fuel 70cents 

1 minute ago, toslow said:

Once again you go off topic, dude at least try to focus on the conversation and big picture. Nobody said the tax raised the price of fuel 70cents 

when did prices go down?  that is the exact topic Prices going  up or down due to fuel

We all understand that if fuel goes up so does the costs.

Here is a math lesson

You have a truck full of 1000 items each costing $100 = $100 000

transports costs lets just use fuel costs

trip was $1000 worth of fuel last year, now is $1500 a 50% increase 

? how much would each item increase?  I will wait for your answer 

similar to the raising of minimum wage

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

when did prices go down?  that is the exact topic Prices going  up or down due to fuel

We all understand that if fuel goes up so does the costs.

Here is a math lesson

You have a truck full of 1000 items each costing $100 = $100 000

transports costs lets just use fuel costs

trip was $1000 worth of fuel last year, now is $1500 a 50% increase 

? how much would each item increase?  I will wait for your answer 

similar to the raising of minimum wage

I would not even guess giving today’s economy. Things aren’t always as they seem in price fluctuations and decreases. Didn’t you learn anything at all in school? Did you not take economics 

1 hour ago, toslow said:

I would not even guess giving today’s economy. Things aren’t always as they seem in price fluctuations and decreases. Didn’t you learn anything at all in school? Did you not take economics 

but you think a carbon tax is the cause?  you said so

I assume your economics class wasn't attended by you :lol: 

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

but you think a carbon tax is the cause?  you said so

I assume your economics class wasn't attended by you :lol: 

I guess you don’t agree that carbon tax is not factored in?

stop just stop your playing games your never going to win. I’m not going to bring myself to the level of uneducated fools 

for fuck sake’s do some reading 

This can be done by placing a surcharge on carbon-based fuels and other sources of pollution such as industrial processes. A carbon tax puts a monetary price on the real costs imposed on our economy, our communities and our planet by greenhouse gas emissions and the global warming they cause.

not that i believe any of the climate change bullshit. 
we can save that for another thread 

Edited by toslow

4 minutes ago, toslow said:

I guess you don’t agree that carbon tax is not factored in?

stop just stop your playing games your never going to win. I’m not going to bring myself to the level of uneducated fools 

for fuck sake’s do some reading 

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiN0J3quf31AhV7GK0GHXVpCXoYABAAGgJwdg&ohost=www.google.ca&cid=CAESWOD2FGU5FmLYVRxNjqUqSXhuzKOB6fYF405MVq7AC0kpJ8zgDDO2iUmldUtV4NwS5xsbT9wjE1TbXW6fKUYaiHoZyYCMjzLik1sFRBEBxd9xV1q5JkLvpEM&sig=AOD64_1SFB_9_YCaM31wNSRRY1IWdSQ1MA&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwiOgJbquf31AhW0EjQIHROtDCAQ0Qx6BAgDEAE

:shutup:  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  

How much did the items increase?  you haven't answered 

Lumber went up again early January. The material I'm looking for went from $156K during covid to $220K then dropped to $190K and now back up to $203K. I wanted to start my build but it's gonna have to wait.

58 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Lumber went up again early January. The material I'm looking for went from $156K during covid to $220K then dropped to $190K and now back up to $203K. I wanted to start my build but it's gonna have to wait.

I see 2x4 is at the 8$ mark again crazy price - last year it was $12 while gas was .95 cents 

52 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I see 2x4 is at the 8$ mark again crazy price - last year it was $12 while gas was .95 cents 

They're still gouging on lumber prices and material. I'm going to clear the rest of the lot this summer and figure where everything is going to be and watch the prices and jump on it if/when they come down somewhat.

• Like 1