The 2023 Cat Lineup...

7 hours ago, krom said:

I'm saying don't be shocked if you see a new sled this year.

As far as a success I venture to say that this is the smallest number of sleds they've built since coming back in the early 80s.  But they sold more units than they can or want to build, so someone will think its a great year.

That's what I was trying to get at. They'll call it a success since they sold out, but it's really a business failure since textron couldn't provide the resources to get more parts to meet demand. I know doo and poo can't keep up either but their volumes are so much higher.

Hope you are right about the new sled (as is everyone else)

1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

The Textron plane landed while I was changing oil in Thief River, is there anyone left to fire?

thumbnail.jpeg

Flying in Ramstad to straighten the ship out

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

Flying in Ramstad to straighten the ship out

He was probably there to meet the plane..😂😂😂 They're doing a big construction project on the airport, so too many florescent vests to be able and pick him out..

19 hours ago, airflite1 said:

The Textron plane landed while I was changing oil in Thief River, is there anyone left to fire?

thumbnail.jpeg

There certainly arriving in style.  .

Is that a new Textron / Arctic Cat  owned. Cessna CitationX?

Definitely, nicer than Cats old fleet

12 minutes ago, ICG said:

There certainly arriving in style.  .

Is that a new Textron / Arctic Cat  owned. Cessna CitationX?

Definitely, nicer than Cats old fleet

They haven't produced a Citation X for 5 years, I would have thought they'd have a Latitude. My Dad flew for Cat in the 70's when they bought their first Baron whenever he wasn't spraying, it was short lived when they didn't understand Weight and Balance, I still remember his last flight for them, he walked to the back, pulled the tail to the ground, walked away, never flew for them again . 😂

Edit: I am a big fan of the X, what a hot rod...

Edited by airflite1

11 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Doubt it. Only the top brass can use the jet. Same with sage valley 

5 hours ago, airflite1 said:

They looked more like bean counters. they didn't look like senior executives.

I assumed @mnstang meant the only people left to fire is the marketing department :dunno:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I assumed @mnstang meant the only people left to fire is the marketing department :dunno:

I'm fairly sure they don't have a marketing department anymore. The Arctic Insider guy is the only one who has any info anymore, and he doesn't work for them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, airflite1 said:

They haven't produced a Citation X for 5 years, I would have thought they'd have a Latitude. My Dad flew for Cat in the 70's when they bought their first Baron whenever he wasn't spraying, it was short lived when they didn't understand Weight and Balance, I still remember his last flight for them, he walked to the back, pulled the tail to the ground, walked away, never flew for them again . 😂

Edit: I am a big fan of the X, what a hot rod...

Brain dead day . . .  Gotta change initials to  XLS+  for an upgrade + price change...  gotta love a 5 million price increase . . .

Balance is fun.... just watch a 400 +  pound person bounce from the front,  to the back seat in a Lear35A

Assuming the rumors of a new sled are true, I wonder if it will be a mid season release vs. a Haydays reveal. If they are already delivering 2023s to dealers I doubt they would release a new sled that's available to buy at the end of summer and risk pissing off all the spring order buyers.

Although they could release it in race trim at Haydays and use the race season to prove its worth and drum up excitement for 2023.5 or 2024

After being on the prototype a long time ago I was surprised it hasn't already been released...but parts supply I suspect is super tight.  It also wouldn't have provided any improved numbers for snowcheck and just more liability so perhaps it was actually the first good decision by Cat in a long time to hold it back.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 1:46 PM, krom said:

Appears you can predict the future...

Even after bragging about how easy it would be to service....

image.thumb.png.be412218ed9cd259261257bc5572ef4d.png

But he's not smart enough to figure out the tranny fluid....

image.thumb.png.ceabc627f007a524fbd7e240c1d4cd4d.png

Wonder if he's found the metal belt guard yet, or made that video of how easy the air filter is to change??
@zr6000rr

Pulled my Cat/Textron/Tracker Prowler Pro apart today and gave it a good blowing.

It has it's short-comings...

Decent machine, but the air filtration for the engine and clutches could use some improvement.  I'm sure it'll need new clutches before 5000 miles, if not before 3000.

Sees mainly gravel miles.  

On 6/29/2022 at 6:14 AM, airflite1 said:

They looked more like bean counters. they didn't look like senior executives.

was one a female with an ipad under one arm and a little dog in the other? 

On 6/29/2022 at 1:20 PM, Premium said:

Assuming the rumors of a new sled are true, I wonder if it will be a mid season release vs. a Haydays reveal. If they are already delivering 2023s to dealers I doubt they would release a new sled that's available to buy at the end of summer and risk pissing off all the spring order buyers.

Although they could release it in race trim at Haydays and use the race season to prove its worth and drum up excitement for 2023.5 or 2024

there's rumor of something 

On 6/29/2022 at 3:35 PM, Deephaven said:

After being on the prototype a long time ago I was surprised it hasn't already been released...but parts supply I suspect is super tight.  It also wouldn't have provided any improved numbers for snowcheck and just more liability so perhaps it was actually the first good decision by Cat in a long time to hold it back.

the longer they wait the more market share they lose

18 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Maybe meeting with a potential buyer of the company?? 

the Chinese? 

On 7/1/2022 at 1:07 PM, Not greg b said:

Maybe meeting with a potential buyer of the company?? 

They've already turned down argo, and yamaha more than once, and at least 1 other offer

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the Chinese? 

The chinese wouldn't buy them, or any other US based company.  They just copy the machines and IP with lower quality and cheaper prices.

2 hours ago, krom said:

The chinese wouldn't buy them, or any other US based company.  They just copy the machines and IP with lower quality and cheaper prices.

the bar in TRF can't get much lower... :lol:

On 7/1/2022 at 2:37 PM, racinfarmer said:

Pulled my Cat/Textron/Tracker Prowler Pro apart today and gave it a good blowing.

It has it's short-comings...

Decent machine, but the air filtration for the engine and clutches could use some improvement.  I'm sure it'll need new clutches before 5000 miles, if not before 3000.

Sees mainly gravel miles.  

My buddy had to snorkel his last year... horrible location. 

He doesn't take it though any thing all that muddy.. trails are just wet around here. 

anyone heading to the '60th' thing?  looks like there's a few guys from the FB snopro race sleds group going.  way too far for me to bother driving.  

what happened to Jimmy, this place has gone radio silent?  :lol: