The 2023 Cat Lineup...

21 hours ago, krom said:

Appears you can predict the future...

Even after bragging about how easy it would be to service....

image.thumb.png.be412218ed9cd259261257bc5572ef4d.png

But he's not smart enough to figure out the tranny fluid....

image.thumb.png.ceabc627f007a524fbd7e240c1d4cd4d.png

Wonder if he's found the metal belt guard yet, or made that video of how easy the air filter is to change??
@zr6000rr

He probably used the not recommended ctech-4 oil because it says arctic cat on the bottle and it is superior to everything 

3 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

What does it mean when one of the top cat dealers starts selling Argo atv's? :pc:

Screenshot_20220617-153505_Facebook.jpg

Every body they knew and liked from AC works for argo, the machines are the same kymco that they are familiar with (just different decals), and prob have better margins.

FWIW I don't recall seeing them in the top 5 recently

Edited by krom

9 minutes ago, krom said:

Every body they knew and liked from AC works for argo, the machines are the same kymco that they are familiar with (just different decals), and prob have better margins.

FWIW I don't recall seeing them in the top 5 recently

Yeah I know about the whole crew from cat heading there. 

FWIW I guess I was referring to MN. They are top notch.

On 6/17/2022 at 7:37 PM, krom said:

Back on topic..

With 2023 sleds already on the line, do you think they are planning something big for this fall?

Depends if they can get them all built by December.If they can we might get a taste of whats to come!!!!! Wonder which model is on the line now?

Back on topic..

With 2023 sleds already on the line, do you think they are planning something big for this fall?

If the can get the fixtures to build them they will. When textron brings something new it’s usually really good. That was My past with selling their stuff. Their back support has always sucked

Back on topic..

Yes.  It's a form of asymmetrical warfare - they have to know that they can't compete directly with 2 manufacturers that control maybe 90% of the market.  Spring orders are done and nobody will have many - if any at all - units in stock by the time the snow flies.

Their only choice is to make announcements at unusual times.  Like, announcing a new model at Hay Days and having enough of them in dealer showrooms on December 1st for people to actually see them before buying one.

The other option is they do nothing, and just squeeze every last drop of blood from Cat before closing the doors next spring.

Pre-Order Program

Our Pre-Order Program was a great success with an unprecedented level of interest in our sleds. This was despite launching later than previous years.  We experienced the largest single day of web-traffic ever received with Arctic Cat’s Pre-Order Program. Thank you for all your hard work in promoting the Program. Since the Program closed, we have been busy reviewing qualifications to ensure that all orders placed adhered to the rules of the Program. This may have led to requests for additional information from your dealership through your Arctic Cat District Manager. Thank you for providing the requested information, as well as your patience during our audit period. 

In the very short term, you will receive a list of qualified orders with an explanation of how the audits have affected the orders placed. Due to the continued supply chain constraints across the powersports industry, we will not be able to accept all orders that we received during the Program.Though we attempted as quickly as possible to indicate what models were sold out, due to the unprecedented volume, some models far exceed supply chain availability. Deposits received from or on behalf of dealers will be refunded back through the process outlined in the Pre-Order Training Guide. 

Production and delivery dates are subject to change, however we will do our best to keep you informed throughout the year. 

In Season/Stock Program

Due to the success of the preorder program combined with the continued supply chain constraints, we will only have a limited supply of MY23 mountain sleds available for stock orders. All other models are sold out for MY23 production and we will be unable to offer any additional In Season/Stock ordering this year.  

On 6/22/2022 at 4:14 PM, krom said:

Pre-Order Program

Our Pre-Order Program was a great success with an unprecedented level of interest in our sleds. This was despite launching later than previous years.  We experienced the largest single day of web-traffic ever received with Arctic Cat’s Pre-Order Program. Thank you for all your hard work in promoting the Program. Since the Program closed, we have been busy reviewing qualifications to ensure that all orders placed adhered to the rules of the Program. This may have led to requests for additional information from your dealership through your Arctic Cat District Manager. Thank you for providing the requested information, as well as your patience during our audit period. 

In the very short term, you will receive a list of qualified orders with an explanation of how the audits have affected the orders placed. Due to the continued supply chain constraints across the powersports industry, we will not be able to accept all orders that we received during the Program.Though we attempted as quickly as possible to indicate what models were sold out, due to the unprecedented volume, some models far exceed supply chain availability. Deposits received from or on behalf of dealers will be refunded back through the process outlined in the Pre-Order Training Guide. 

Production and delivery dates are subject to change, however we will do our best to keep you informed throughout the year. 

In Season/Stock Program

Due to the success of the preorder program combined with the continued supply chain constraints, we will only have a limited supply of MY23 mountain sleds available for stock orders. All other models are sold out for MY23 production and we will be unable to offer any additional In Season/Stock ordering this year.  

If you look at the actual numbers of units built in the snogore report it was pretty shitty for all of them. They probably had record dollars spent because the price of sleds went through the roof. Actual units built has been pretty flat for a decade. 

On 6/22/2022 at 5:14 PM, krom said:

Pre-Order Program

In Season/Stock Program

That shows why there's zero reason for them to put out anything new for 2023. I'd say it's more their supply chain constraints than the success of their preorder program.

Looks like sled delivery dates are changing in other camps too.

https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/resources/delivery-update.html

With that in mind, we anticipate some deliveries initially planned for November or December will now fall into January. You can reach out to your BRP dealer for updates regarding your order since they will have the latest available information. Our customer care team is also here for you if you have any other questions at 1-888-272-9222.

For those who haven't pre-ordered, we adjusted pricing for MY23 snowmobiles. We know you probably weren’t expecting this, and we apologize for the change. As you are aware, pricing has increased for many products and industries around the world and powersports is no exception. BRP has explored various ways to accommodate the disruptions while maintaining the demand through the way we source materials, transport our parts and vehicles and assemble our units. Please note: Customers who purchased a snowmobile through the Spring Sales Event between February 14 and March 31 will not be impacted by the pricing adjustments. Additionally, there will be no pricing impact on the youth MXZ 120/200 models and the entry level models MXZ and Summit Neo/Neo+. There will still remain a temporary commodity surcharge in addition to the adjusted price.

I wonder how deliveries will truly pan out?  There are quite a few fancy upgrades in some of the lineups.

Funny thing, I ended up buying a 22 someone backed out on this spring.  It doesn't have any fancy new features, but it is waiting for me to pick up when I'm ready.  A couple years ago, I would have kicked my own ass for even thinking about paying retail. 

This time. . . 

Hard to believe the old 22 list price felt reasonable for a sled that is actually delivered.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 4:51 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

They want to remain profitable?

Then why sell argo ? Talk about junk the 8x8 and 6x6 at least . We have not gotten thrugh a trail marking season with out 1 having a  major issue 

Edited by Ez ryder

4 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

That shows why there's zero reason for them to put out anything new for 2023. I'd say it's more their supply chain constraints than the success of their preorder program.

I wouldn't bet the house on it ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Are you saying their preorder program was a success? I'm guessing they didn't move all that many sleds but I'm just a guy with a keyboard here.

I'm saying don't be shocked if you see a new sled this year.

As far as a success I venture to say that this is the smallest number of sleds they've built since coming back in the early 80s.  But they sold more units than they can or want to build, so someone will think its a great year.

1 hour ago, krom said:

I'm saying don't be shocked if you see a new sled this year.

As far as a success I venture to say that this is the smallest number of sleds they've built since coming back in the early 80s.  But they sold more units than they can or want to build, so someone will think its a great year.

Smaller volume than 1982