The 2023 Cat Lineup...

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

I am about at 26 with my 500 and it has no issue what so ever. 

26miles, what an achievement.  How many years did that take?  We knew you liked to ride slow, but at least now we understand how the Alterra can work for you.  Girls machines are perfect for Jim.

3 hours ago, krom said:

More lies and bullshit from the clueless moron

PXL_20220325_202147661.jpg

PXL_20220325_191805740.jpg

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Poor Krommer. Such a neglected POS! 

So where is all that metal you say is surrounding the belt??!

That bs is as true as you claiming not to be gay, or anything else you make up

Edited by krom
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, krom said:

So where is all that metal you say is surrounding the belt??!

That bs is as true as you claiming not to be gay, or anything else you make up

I will have to look at mine when I pick it up on Friday Krommer. I know the older versions had the aluminum bell housing. My mistake. So is this belt going to take a leg off? I highly doubt that. As far as you being gay, it is your right. I dont condone the lifestyle myself but it is a free country and you live in New York state. Home of a lot of gay tree huggers and lots of criminally insane Political people. Bet it does you proud being such a flamer and all. Maybe it was all that ammonia you snorted over the years. Oh,  and Fuck off! Other than that have a great day you dip shit!

2 hours ago, Simple Jim said:

So when you are pushing snow you dont want more horsepower to make it easier on the machine ? at a whopping 45 hp I bet its getting a workout .. 

Plowing is more about TQ and weight, HP numbers are pretty useless when it comes to towing and plowing. 

6 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Plowing is more about TQ and weight, HP numbers are pretty useless when it comes to towing and plowing. 

while it is , no one lists torque numbers , if they would list the number of where peak hp is achieved you could calculate the torque.. regardless the Alterra is weak compared to the other brands top performance machines. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simple Jim said:

while it is , no one lists torque numbers , if they would list the number of where peak hp is achieved you could calculate the torque.. regardless the Alterra is weak compared to the other brands top performance machines. 

So true. Can Am actually do, the Defender HD7 I ordered has 52HP and 41ft-lbs. Not bad for a single 650cc thumper.

19 hours ago, krom said:

Jim is an absolute POS and total moron, who prob doesn't know that the 550, and 600 only share a name, and nothing else is the same. 

As stupid as he is, there is 0 cost benefit to mounting the shocks to the lower upper-arms vs the lower.

There is also 0 difference in ride, or handling because of it.  Its mostly a packaging decision.  FWIW its acutally safer, and considerably less stress on the ball joints when the shock is on the upper arm..  (shock on the lower arm, means the weight of the machine is trying to pull the balljoint apart, while on the upper, its pushing the balljoint together..

If you were referring to a front suspension id agree, however this is the rear suspension and no ball joints to my knowledge as the rear wheels aren't steerable.  By mounting the shock on the upper arm it requires a beefier upper arm as well as a beefy lower arm (rock hits etc).   A longer shock generally means a better ride, longer shock stroke etc.   This whole atv is laid out very odd by using the wildcat transaxle forcing the  positioning of the engine rearward.  

I'm curious of any other serious off road machine that mounts the rear shock to the upper arm?  

43 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

If you were referring to a front suspension id agree, however this is the rear suspension and no ball joints to my knowledge as the rear wheels aren't steerable.  By mounting the shock on the upper arm it requires a beefier upper arm as well as a beefy lower arm (rock hits etc).   A longer shock generally means a better ride, longer shock stroke etc.   This whole atv is laid out very odd by using the wildcat transaxle forcing the  positioning of the engine rearward.  

I'm curious of any other serious off road machine that mounts the rear shock to the upper arm?  

This is how the xmr is set up

77D4F7DF-3A1C-4AE9-9D0F-1E9485C43903.png

2 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

My bet is that it all comes down to packaging, but the shock doesn't give a shit where its mounted, all it knows if the suspension is trying to make it longer, or shorter..

shock stroke is dependent on wheel travel, and motion ratio..  Its been a while, but when I was building quads and long travel suspension kits for MX, Elka recommended to keep in the neighborhood of 2:1 (1" of shock travel for 2" of wheel travel).

Big heavy utility quads don't need 14+" of travel for a bunch of reasons, but using a longer shock, or longer travel shock than required for the travel is just a waste.

Fwiw even though the trans looks identical to the one team used to make for the XX it's different enough that no parts interchange, and from a different supplier 

Edited by krom

I will have to look at mine when I pick it up on Friday Krommer. I know the older versions had the aluminum bell housing. My mistake. So is this belt going to take a leg off? I highly doubt that. As far as you being gay, it is your right. I dont condone the lifestyle myself but it is a free country and you live in New York state. Home of a lot of gay tree huggers and lots of criminally insane Political people. Bet it does you proud being such a flamer and all. Maybe it was all that ammonia you snorted over the years. Oh,  and Fuck off! Other than that have a great day you dip shit!

So you're still completely full of shit, and spouting off about things you have absolutely no clue about.  Even after being proven wrong countless times.......

22 minutes ago, krom said:

So you're still completely full of shit, and spouting off about things you have absolutely no clue about.  Even after being proven wrong countless times.......

Sure krommer. What ever you say. Dip shit!

52 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sure krommer. What ever you say. Dip shit!

Everyone knows that you are a lying sack of shit.  

This is easy, if you told the truth just prove me  wrong and post a pic of the metal belt guard on your new 600 .

Until then you probably should keep your cock holster shut. 

Edited by krom
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, krom said:

Everyone knows that you are a lying sack of shit.  

This is easy, if you told the truth just prove me  wrong and post a pic of the metal belt guard on your new 600 .

Until then you probably should keep your cock holster shut. 

Everyone? You must be a god to know this. I would have to disagree but that is how I roll. I could care less what you think there krommer. You are not important enough to pull from a burning building in my eyes. BTW, go back and re read what i said. I said I was mistaken but would look at it when I pick it up on Friday. You do know how to read correct? Had a Janitor when I was in Highschool who never learned so maybe that is a pre requisite for the Custodial field?

10 hours ago, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym's mother once washed his mouth out with dish soap for using bad language.  Gym wasn't thrilled about that.  Gym put a rat in her coffin at her funeral while faking his sadness.

Dark.......so darkkkk.......LOL

• Confused 1

Everyone? You must be a god to know this. I would have to disagree but that is how I roll. I could care less what you think there krommer. You are not important enough to pull from a burning building in my eyes. BTW, go back and re read what i said. I said I was mistaken but would look at it when I pick it up on Friday. You do know how to read correct? Had a Janitor when I was in Highschool who never learned so maybe that is a pre requisite for the Custodial field?

If you are worried that he can't read the stop sign you regularly hold, don't worry he can.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not triggered by anything. Just tired of ass hats who think they know everything. That would be you for one! We call them around here, Fucktards! Just go on now and get on with your pathetic life. 

Isn't this rich

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2022 at 9:23 PM, Ambush said:

The new alterra 600 is easy to service? Is that a joke? Just try to put some coolant in the Ltd or the SE. you actually have to unbolt part of the front rack to do it! The oil filter is mounted in such a way that oil runs all down the side of the engine in that cranny between the case and the pan!

The belt is right behind your left leg. Let’s be honest here.  Who wants to see what happens to your left calf when that belt blows? Is that thin plastic cover going to contain the belt???? Maybe???

When I brought up these issues to one of the sales reps at hay days, the response I got for every one of them was “well how often does that happen?” Pathetic.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:43 PM, ZR6000RR said:

I bought the base. Have never, and I mean ever had to add coolant. Belt is covered in plastic but surrounded by metal. Zero issue! Oil filter? I take aluminum foil and it runs clean out. You can also drill a hole in said filter to drain 95% of it before removing. All your complaints, though valid, are nothing. 

How, if you haven't even picked it up from the dealer yet???

On 5/3/2022 at 8:54 AM, ZR6000RR said:

I know I am right. I am all the time when it comes to you. Go play with simple Jim. He will gladly blow you. You would make a nice couple.

On 5/3/2022 at 9:27 AM, krom said:

More lies and bullshit from the clueless moron

PXL_20220325_202147661.jpg

PXL_20220325_191805740.jpg

On 5/3/2022 at 9:32 AM, Deephaven said:

That's some fancy plasty-metal there....

On 5/3/2022 at 9:14 AM, ZR6000RR said:

Not triggered by anything. Just tired of ass hats who think they know everything. That would be you for one! We call them around here, Fucktards! Just go on now and get on with your pathetic life. 

Speaking of asshats who think they know everything, and fucktards, where are the pics of that metal belt housing you claim exists??

The poo croo knows more about the new cat 600 ATV than @ZR6000RR does, and he claims to own one.

The real question is @ZR6000RR lying sack of shit, or just so stupid that he believes his own bullshit?

Can't imagine anyone being so stupid that they constantly post lies, and made up stories, but here is jimbo doing it almost every day, no mater how many times he's proven to be full of shit.

Edited by krom

35 minutes ago, krom said:

How, if you haven't even picked it up from the dealer yet???

Speaking of asshats who think they know everything, and fucktards, where are the pics of that metal belt housing you claim exists??

The poo croo knows more about the new cat 600 ATV than @ZR6000RR does, and he claims to own one.

The real question is @ZR6000RR lying sack of shit, or just so stupid that he believes his own bullshit?

Can't imagine anyone being so stupid that they constantly post lies, and made up stories, but here is jimbo doing it almost every day, no mater how many times he's proven to be full of shit.

I will have to look at mine when I pick it up on Friday Krommer. I know the older versions had the aluminum bell housing. My mistake. 

Even though it is plastic Krommer, I do not see anyone losing a leg over a blown belt which happens how often? I have not blown a belt since the early 90's.