The 2023 Cat Lineup...

3 hours ago, Premium said:

"Back up to date" doesn't sound promising.  I used to take pride in riding Cats because the brand blazed its own trail and actually innovated. Waiting 12 years for a new chassis that merely matches current offerings from other OEMs is a death warrant in my eyes. Good riddance.

Way to take a take 100% wrong there premium. Maybe change it to not right often instead of premium. In Beer world,  you are the Carlings Black Label. Slightly below Blatz. Both history!

At this point does anyone expect Cat to raise the bar, or just get into the ballpark?  If they can equal or match proCc or rmotion that's a start. If they improve ergos, come up with new warm plastics that's good. if they trim a few lbs, wonderful.  a new gauge, okay.  powerplants... the 600 is fine but from 2014, the 800 is adequate but not a class leader by any notion and if the Yamaha marriage is over then what?  

as I'm seeing it, they must reach the bar to keep existing cat riders, and raise it in a huge way to attract buyers from the other brands at this point. 

for some reason I don't see the latter happening.  the competition has literally ran away from them since 2018

sincerely hope I'm completely wrong though

It makes sense that the next chassis would just get into the ballpark. This was the chassis that should have come out a few years ago. It's been rumored to be in development for so long, and so many of the engineers were sent packing since textron so graciously "saved" the brand, that it may be like the new 800 when it came out - a step up for Cat but late to the game and behind.

But given who is calling the shots I'm not expecting too much.

Good that there are now reports of people seeing this chassis and riding it instead of just rumors. Still no one is really talking - it's all I know someone who has seen it. Hope textron proves us all wrong.

7 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

It makes sense that the next chassis would just get into the ballpark. This was the chassis that should have come out a few years ago. It's been rumored to be in development for so long, and so many of the engineers were sent packing since textron so graciously "saved" the brand, that it may be like the new 800 when it came out - a step up for Cat but late to the game and behind.

But given who is calling the shots I'm not expecting too much.

Good that there are now reports of people seeing this chassis and riding it instead of just rumors. Still no one is really talking - it's all I know someone who has seen it. Hope textron proves us all wrong.

Sure would be encouraging too see some dash cam / helmet cam images.

Was hoping to see some WOW Prototype on the 19th...  but that materialize after the big wait.

• Like 1

Maybe they will have a big unveiling at Haydays? The ‘23 snowcheck was maybe so low key because they are just trying to use up the Procross parts they have on hand. Basically a parts bin and new sticker line up for ‘23.

16 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Maybe they will have a big unveiling at Haydays? The ‘23 snowcheck was maybe so low key because they are just trying to use up the Procross parts they have on hand. Basically a parts bin and new sticker line up for ‘23.

Problem with your premise is there is no pile up of parts on hand! You live in a bubble? Same reason nothing new this year as you have to be able to get materials to make such parts. 

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Problem with your premise is there is no pile up of parts on hand! You live in a bubble? Same reason nothing new this year as you have to be able to get materials to make such parts. 

They said Tesla, Inc. was in the same boat as Ford and GM finding parts so they went out and made their own parts to keep them ahead of the ball game. It can be done. 

14 minutes ago, Badger** said:

They said Tesla, Inc. was in the same boat as Ford and GM finding parts so they went out and made their own parts to keep them ahead of the ball game. It can be done. 

Well no new factories built at the moment. Sure it can, but 2-5 years out. You have to be smarter than your post right? 

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well no new factories built at the moment. Sure it can, but 2-5 years out. You have to be smarter than your post right? 

Hey STFU I want Cat to win, not everyone wants to see Cat fail. They have the Power of Yamaha and Textron if they put there minds to it they can get it done. 

8 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Hey STFU I want Cat to win, not everyone wants to see Cat fail. They have the Power of Yamaha and Textron if they put there minds to it they can get it done. 

Well then pull head out of ASS! Every dream you mentioned will never happen.  Poop does not do that. Doody neither. Where the fuck does shit like this start anyway? Oh, mr. Never lied, Elon Mush.

24 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

They cant get shocks and micro chips btw. Dont see a microchip factory showing up in TRF, ever. You are delusional!

So how did Tesla get it done, they needed chips big time and I would think they needed shocks also. 

Where do you guys come up with this new found optimism that Textron is suddenly innovative and committed to the sled market?

About the only thing new that Textron has to offer is an increased level of disappointment. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Where do you guys come up with this new found optimism that Textron is suddenly innovative and committed to the sled market?

About the only thing new that Textron has to offer is an increased level of disappointment. 

Great point Z.

7 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I've never had faith in Textron.  From day 1 when all the green Kool aid idiots were claiming that Cat was saved by big pockets and huge r&d resources I said they'd be milked and ruined.  Now at the same time I still have hope because I want to be able to buy a Cat again some day....but the hope is only based on emotion and not reality.

That all being said I have seen the new machine and it's new, supposedly better but I have not been able to ride it yet.  This helps with the hope...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I've never had faith in Textron.  From day 1 when all the green Kool aid idiots were claiming that Cat was saved by big pockets and huge r&d resources I said they'd be milked and ruined.  Now at the same time I still have hope because I want to be able to buy a Cat again some day....but the hope is only based on emotion and not reality.

That all being said I have seen the new machine and it's new, supposedly better but I have not been able to ride it yet.  This helps with the hope...

I think they were hoping to use cat dirt tech to get a fat govt contract out of it like Polaris and get on the government's tit, but when that didn't happen they went for tracker instead.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2022 at 9:04 AM, fortune46x said:

I bet between You Gym and Jim theres alot of clean windows in Minnesota.

I have a window tech degree

On 4/29/2022 at 1:04 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

She's such a cunt 

:lol2:

well now thats just uncalled for 

On 4/29/2022 at 9:13 PM, Doug said:

Actually hope there is some merit to this.  

Maybe Jimdo will give you some insider pics if your nice to him. 

Jimbo doesn't know shit simple jim knows everything 

On 4/30/2022 at 6:28 AM, Tripleflipper said:

And probably as current as Cat technology, LMAO

Faster than your POS I'm sure 

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

They cant get shocks and micro chips btw. Dont see a microchip factory showing up in TRF, ever. You are delusional!

Shut up stupid. You're simpler than I am.

• Haha 1

Just because I could, I just bought a brand new Cat Alterra 600 EPS. Was going to wait till Fall, but they are pretty much sold out so I got lucky on one of the last 2 my dealer has. Pick it up Friday. Will be 2 2022 Cat products in my garage this year. 

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Because it is the best wheeler out there right now in that size and price range.

It's a piece of fuck.  Ride one of the others once and you will cry.  Such a blind dumbass.

I have ridden the others and they do not compare. I have been researching for  a while. No Polaris can touch this for what I will be using it for. Replacing my 2002 Cat 500. 

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Would you be willing to draw a picture for us?:D

• Haha 1