The 2023 Cat Lineup...

2 hours ago, krom said:

You are a clueless lying sack of shit...

AC will penalize any dealer caught submitting a fake sled order to use as floor stock, up dealer cost on that machine.

Sorry I brought it up, some of you guys know the dealer so no names given. Honestly we can't afford to lose anymore Cat dealer in Wisco. 

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I have 6 Cat dealers within an hour and a half from me. Mile from my dealer. One polaris, one Ski doo and Yamaha. 

Just looked up the Minneapolis area there are way more Polaris dealers than Cat dealer but your right about one thing there's not much for Ski-Doo dealers. 

3 hours ago, Badger** said:

Talked to a dealer in Wisconsin he said they are using random emails "family and friends" and buying sleds to have on their dealership floor, Cat's whole program seems to be bull shit.

I can not figure out why anyone would want to be a Cat dealer anymore.

I owned multiples of all 4 brands at the same time for several years back when I worked at a dealer!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I like how the Polaris dealer in Thief River picked up Arctic Cat as a secondary brand to sell. 

At least they have a dealer now. You would think cat would have had that lined up before rev closed 

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

At least they have a dealer now. You would think cat would have had that lined up before rev closed 

Tough to do since dealers are not tied to manufacturers.  It is all independent. Guessing this is where crn2 ends up looking for a hole dug by a guy who has no idea where he lives, let alone who he is, but looks for said hole anyway? 

5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Tough to do since dealers are not tied to manufacturers.  It is all independent. Guessing this is where crn2 ends up looking for a hole dug by a guy who has no idea where he lives, let alone who he is, but looks for said hole anyway? 

The real answer is it is tough to do when no one wants to buy your product.  Particularly sad when it is the city where said sad product is made.  Real simple free market shit I am sure you won't understand. 

6 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

How is being a franchisee not tied to the manufacturer?  At the end of the day, they both are interested in each other's success.  

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

The real answer is it is tough to do when no one wants to buy your product.  Particularly sad when it is the city where said sad product is made.  Real simple free market shit I am sure you won't understand. 

It is tough in TRF simply because everyone in town works at Cat, is related to someone who works at Cat, or knows someone who works at Cat, and gets big discounts.  I don't think that is as big as it used to be though.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

How is being a franchisee not tied to the manufacturer?  At the end of the day, they both are interested in each other's success.  

It is tough in TRF simply because everyone in town works at Cat, is related to someone who works at Cat, or knows someone who works at Cat, and gets big discounts.  I don't think that is as big as it used to be though.

In Wisconsin we call that inbreeding. :lol: Sorry man the door was open. :D 

37 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Unless they've changed it, employees shopped the best deal from a dealer then got the rebate back from the factory, it was nowhere as good as the Polaris discount, and @ZR6000RRthe Polaris dealer in Roseau has survived for decades in a town much smaller than Thief River, how come? Also I'm sorry I missed your meltdown last night, I would have talked to the Hwy department for you, it's sad that you CLAIM to be this important engineer or tech or whatever pops into your head today, and you have to subsidize your income by driving a Beet truck. 

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

In Wisconsin we call that inbreeding. :lol: Sorry man the door was open. :D 

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Or was fired by textron.

13 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I have been in the plant more than 20 times.  What's your point?

They call Jimbo in to find Heide when she gets lost on the factory floor.

1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

Unless they've changed it, employees shopped the best deal from a dealer then got the rebate back from the factory, it was nowhere as good as the Polaris discount, and @ZR6000RRthe Polaris dealer in Roseau has survived for decades in a town much smaller than Thief River, how come? Also I'm sorry I missed your meltdown last night, I would have talked to the Hwy department for you, it's sad that you CLAIM to be this important engineer or tech or whatever pops into your head today, and you have to subsidize your income by driving a Beet truck. 

My friends that used to work there would get I think it was 30-40% off new or one year old snow product.  Not sure what their PG&A discount was though.  I know for a little while, they could get stuff through the Special Services website, but I think that got the ax.  Even I got that for however long they gave us to pick through it.

4 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

My friends that used to work there would get I think it was 30-40% off new or one year old snow product.  Not sure what their PG&A discount was though.  I know for a little while, they could get stuff through the Special Services website, but I think that got the ax.  Even I got that for however long they gave us to pick through it.

Special services is dead, most of those guys got fired a few moved to the line or call center, just like the race department.

17 minutes ago, krom said:

Special services is dead, most of those guys got fired a few moved to the line or call center, just like the race department.

I haven't been up there since 2020.  At that time, there were only 3 people working in SS and Mike and Kellen at the race department.  Dawn was there part time.

Miss it, but am enjoying getting back to just riding too.

On 4/23/2022 at 12:58 AM, ZR6000RR said:

They are but as a manufacturer rep you need to go find a new one. They will give you the heads up. 

Just looked at the cat site. Although the 600s sold out very quickly it seems the 800s are not selling out. They must have had very low availability of 600s for some reason, or just guessed wrong - I assume this is all tied to what parts they ordered months ago and can't easily change that - i.e., order more 600 parts at this point.

Strange too the 800s without atac are sold out but those with atac are still available. Since that's an option you'd think they wouldn't stop selling the 800s without atac as long as 800s are still available.

I'd assume most who want to order a sled have ordered by now. 

17 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Just looked at the cat site. Although the 600s sold out very quickly it seems the 800s are not selling out. They must have had very low availability of 600s for some reason, or just guessed wrong - I assume this is all tied to what parts they ordered months ago and can't easily change that - i.e., order more 600 parts at this point.

Strange too the 800s without atac are sold out but those with atac are still available. Since that's an option you'd think they wouldn't stop selling the 800s without atac as long as 800s are still available.

I'd assume most who want to order a sled have ordered by now. 

Lots of ass umtions there Arty. 

10 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Don't really see the need for atac. I set my shocks once and that's it. Ride like a mofo!!!!!

Atac works fantastic! Had it on my 2020 limited (was iAct then). Well worth the $600.00. Would have ordered a 23 if they had offered it on the 6000.