The 2023 Cat Lineup...

10 hours ago, taperk600 said:

It means after the last 3 years being the same sled with nothing but higher prices and BNGs, and 16 in total, I'm ready for a change. And I'm tired of the excuses from Textron. Poo & Doo have brought new product the last 2 years, so stop with the excuses .............

Which team you headed towards Tom?

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

1000% agreed. I am in the same boat 

You should nab a Lynx now before the interest rates skyrocket.

28 minutes ago, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym doesn't understand what happened to Arctic Cat.

Gym bleeds red. 

Ok??? WTF... :lmao:

19 hours ago, taperk600 said:

It means after the last 3 years being the same sled with nothing but higher prices and BNGs, and 16 in total, I'm ready for a change. And I'm tired of the excuses from Textron. Poo & Doo have brought new product the last 2 years, so stop with the excuses .............

16 hours ago, Not greg b said:

1000% agreed. I am in the same boat 

14 hours ago, Cat45 said:

Same here, probably selling my rr and looking towards polaris next year. I've never been impressed with polaris reliability but over the last 3 years I've put 10k+ mi on 2 different rangers and they've been great machines so I'm going to give their sleds a shot. Pretty sad, I've trail ridden/ raced cats since a kitty cat in 1981

Add me to this list. Currently Polaris has the best sled for my riding style. Ergonomics and flickability are excellent. I'd look harder at the Doo if I didn't find them so ugly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Which team you headed towards Tom?

Depends on what I find over the summer. just missed a good deal on the 22 850 XCR 136 with 2200 miles on it over in VT....for just over $13k.... Did order a 650 VR1 137 day 1 to make sure I have it coming .....know a few people who are extremely happy with the 650. Most say it reminds them of the F7 motor..... 

When it shows up, I'll decide if I'm taking it or not...... Again, depends on what I do / find over the summer........... 

6 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

Depends on what I find over the summer. just missed a good deal on the 22 850 XCR 136 with 2200 miles on it over in VT....for just over $13k.... Did order a 650 VR1 137 day 1 to make sure I have it coming .....know a few people who are extremely happy with the 650. Most say it reminds them of the F7 motor..... 

When it shows up, I'll decide if I'm taking it or not...... Again, depends on what I do / find over the summer........... 

Not that I've ridden one but the 128 XCR 650 has a lot in common with the 720 SP... so I'd like to try one of those sooner or later.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@krom

Screenshot_20220407-171801.png

They've been done for 5 years or so..  Textron purged 4 or 5 dealers from that area (Rochester NY), now there are none.

Haven't talked to them in a couple of years now, but good people for sure.  Pretty sure they are still doing good though.

1 minute ago, krom said:

They've been done for 5 years or so..  Textron purged 4 or 5 dealers from that area (Rochester NY), now there are none.

Haven't talked to them in a couple of years now, but good people for sure.  Pretty sure they are still doing good though.

Just popped up on my feed.  All part of the great purge. 

3 minutes ago, krom said:

I hope all is going well with you Krom. That sucks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I hope all is going well with you Krom. That sucks. 

I'm going to be fine, even if the shit really hits the fan I've got a degree to fall back on (not many certifications though :handjob:)

Strange times for sure, Its looking like this year will be the fewest units produced by AC in 60 some years (assuming you don't count the "gone fishing" days) For 23 we'll be lucky to get 25% of the number of units we sold for MY22.

Shocking as it sounds, we out sold the 3 closest poo dealers, and 2 closest doo dealers this year (not combined...)

Everything is fucked in the toy market, boats and boat engines aren't much if any better now, MY22 boat lines have been sold out for for 6+ months already. 

Our merc guy is telling us not to even quote long block replacement, or rebuilds because we won't be able to get parts, even gaskets.

1 minute ago, krom said:

I'm going to be fine, even if the shit really hits the fan I've got a degree to fall back on (not many certifications though :handjob:)

Strange times for sure, Its looking like this year will be the fewest units produced by AC in 60 some years (assuming you don't count the "gone fishing" days) For 23 we'll be lucky to get 25% of the number of units we sold for MY22.

Shocking as it sounds, we out sold the 3 closest poo dealers, and 2 closest doo dealers this year (not combined...)

Everything is fucked in the toy market, boats and boat engines aren't much if any better now, MY22 boat lines have been sold out for for 6+ months already. 

Our merc guy is telling us not to even quote long block replacement, or rebuilds because we won't be able to get parts, even gaskets.

I have busted your balls over the years but I never wanted to see you fail and I know you haven't failed. The world has become a pain in the ass. 

Keep the faith, Krom. 

:bc: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I have busted your balls over the years but I never wanted to see you fail and I know you haven't failed. The world has become a pain in the ass. 

Keep the faith, Krom. 

It's all good.  I've seen things that make me excited for the future

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, krom said:

It's all good.  I've seen things that make me excited for the future

Is your dealer going to carry Yamaha?

:lol2:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

4 hours ago, krom said:

Was talking to one boat dealer and they said unless they were going to take a bunch of one model at a time they weren’t interested in sending anything to them. 

14 hours ago, krom said:

Last time I was there, they mentioned something about argo, but I didn't have time to ask

Maybe call Ramstad's dealer he seems to have the most accurate information and will also store your 2022 600 sled when it comes in.  Seems much more reliable that the information you post xD

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Maybe call Ramstad's dealer he seems to have the most accurate information and will also store your 2022 600 sled when it comes in.  Seems much more reliable that the information you post xD

you think @ZR6000RR knows his sled has been sitting outside in a crate for a couple months now, and will continue to sit outside in a crate?

45 minutes ago, krom said:

you think @ZR6000RR knows his sled has been sitting outside in a crate for a couple months now, and will continue to sit outside in a crate?

Not his, possibly others.  Its definitely in a climate controlled 24hr surveillance bomb proof building getting personally checked on by security every hour.....his dealer says so 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, krom said:

Jimmahs AWOL.  Must be at a reflective paint training class.  🎨🖌️

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 hours ago, krom said:

Saw Todd a few weeks ago, they are doing good, out of the power sports business and focusing on power equipment..He's got good lines and a good sales territory

3 hours ago, Doug said:

Kind of like his home

Jimmy lives in a crate? Like maybe a refrigerator box?

I wouldn't worry about the mice infesting Jimmy's 600RR. They don't like Cats either.....

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2022 at 6:22 PM, Premium said:

Add me to this list. Currently Polaris has the best sled for my riding style. Ergonomics and flickability are excellent. I'd look harder at the Doo if I didn't find them so ugly.

I ride with a number of Doo guys guys so we always switch sleds a lot.  I just don't like the riding position of the sled for my preference.

3 hours ago, Doug said:

I ride with a number of Doo guys guys so we always switch sleds a lot.  I just don't like the riding position of the sled for my preference.

I would agree. If I could compare I would say the the Polaris is perfect neutral, the Cat too far back, and the Doo too far forward. There are some aspects I like about the Doo, like the open toe holds and the seat being the narrowest (though this may not be ideal for long rides and I've only had short stints on the G4).

In our group at least, the modern Doos have had far less issues than the Polaris sleds. I could definitely go Doo if the price was right but I just have a really hard time with their aesthetics when spending this kind of money.