The 2023 Cat Lineup...

Most will probly just run the way it came from the dealer. Have a family member that won't touch a thing on the sled because he paid the dealer for setup and they know the best settings

18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'll just hope I can score one up cheap then.

Funny thing is, most of them will run all the shocks at 1 of 3, the torsion springs at 1 of 3, and a low coupling setting, and probably a slack limiter strap to book, then putz down the trails at 35mph all day.  That is if they even touch anything other then the shock settings on the front only.

Yes. Lets bash what little American industry we have left

Bash them or not, Yamaha and Arctic Cat are pretty much sold out , or spoken for their 2023 spring order.

Putz down the trail . . . :finger:  

Probably the same gray haired crowd that drives a Ferrari, that the teenagers drool over.

Much rather see 35mph, than the Blair Morgan wanna bee's recklessly riding out of control, left of center corner after corner!

10 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Most will probly just run the way it came from the dealer. Have a family member that won't touch a thing on the sled because he paid the dealer for setup and they know the best settings

You must be related to me, because that is my dad's theory too.  That and dual runner carbides.

Then after I tinker with the sled a bit, usually without telling him, he thinks it is great.

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2022 at 1:40 PM, Premium said:

This is what scares me the most.  As a younger guy I worry I will witness a long slow decline of a once great brand because blindly loyal boomers are perfectly content buying mediocre products as long as it says Arctic Cat on the side...what that name used to stand for be damned. Of course they'll eventually be gone and out of the sport but I'll still be here watching Textron suck the remaining life out of Cat while they squander the last iota of relevance in the snowmobile industry.

Similar to the C8 Corvette... Chevy recognized the white Reebok wearing Boomers wanting chrome wheels aren't their target audience any longer and the C7 wasn't going to get any better as it was the pinnacle of their evolution as the front engine rear drive they could mass produce.  Chevrolet has said it publicly, it's not just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm not sure if I should laugh or not at all the interest in people wanting the R-XC.

Ya'll asking can't outride a fucking LXR, so why bother?

And that OCD guy scored himself up an R-XC, so we'll see how he is able to butcher that thing up after he changes plugs after every ride.

What's with the seat?  I've never seen that before... :lol2:
That also shows how little attention and how poorly marketed cross country racing is.  I'd also wager most Polaris guys think the XCR is the current 'race' sled.

1 hour ago, Cat45 said:

You should laugh. Next season fb will be full of people complaining about how stiff it rides

This is likely.  I've been kinda thinking about looking for a 2020 137 because it's the most oddball RXC there is... and then I think... why?

56 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'll just hope I can score one up cheap then.

Funny thing is, most of them will run all the shocks at 1 of 3, the torsion springs at 1 of 3, and a low coupling setting, and probably a slack limiter strap to book, then putz down the trails at 35mph all day.  That is if they even touch anything other then the shock settings on the front only.

and change the gearing and try to figure out how to get them to do wheelies... because there's a lot of morons in this sport.

29 minutes ago, ICG said:

Yes. Lets bash what little American industry we have left

Bash them or not, Yamaha and Arctic Cat are pretty much sold out , or spoken for their 2023 spring order.

Putz down the trail . . . :finger:  

Probably the same gray haired crowd that drives a Ferrari, that the teenagers drool over.

Much rather see 35mph, than the Blair Morgan wanna bee's recklessly riding out of control, left of center corner after corner!

you must be new here?  :lmao:

you can't order a 2023 until April 19th and ordering closes May 3rd

Blair Morgan 'wanna bee's'?  :lol:What are you... 84 years old?

25 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You must be related to me, because that is my dad's theory too.  That and dual runner carbides.

Then after I tinker with the sled a bit, usually without telling him, he thinks it is great.

he hasn't discovered snow trackers yet... I hope.  

No, I'm not a geriatrics warehouse boomer...

But, I'm in the crowd that can afford a Ferrari and Porsche in the garage.

No idea who the latest snowcross.  Racer is.. I just see the fools out of control on the wrong side of corners

Much rather ride safe and enjoy quality time away from the WIFE.

Get hurt and I'd be sentenced to more time in my own home.  Shackles and I told you scolding are cruel and unjust punishment, just for being a guy.

• Like 1

I can see the poasts already...

"Hai guis!  I just going this RXC and want to know whats the best can!  I want a more choppy midrange sound!"

"Whats the best oil for my new RXC?"

"I got this RXC and can't get it to lift the skis like my old 800.  HELP!"

"I really want a 800 in my RXC!  What should I do?@??!#$!?!  I think I'm going to turbo it or get a big bore kitz!>!!#!"

"¿¿¿What is the best clutch kit for dis RXC???"

"Why is this sled so rough to ride with the shocks on 3 and why can't I ride it like Herf?"

• Haha 2

On 3/27/2022 at 10:27 AM, ICG said:

No, I'm not a geriatrics warehouse boomer...

But, I'm in the crowd that can afford a Ferrari and Porsche in the garage.

No idea who the latest snowcross.  Racer is.. I just see the fools out of control on the wrong side of corners

Much rather ride safe and enjoy quality time away from the WIFE.

Get hurt and I'd be sentenced to more time in my own home.  Shackles and I told you scolding are cruel and unjust punishment, just for being a guy.

On the bold, think you are just a poser. 
As the underline states the fact. A real man wouldn’t have to take up snowmobiling to “get away” from what keeps him in shackles at home and gets scolding and punished for acting like a man. 

The way you ride tells it all in the bold&underlined statement. Buys an RXC to look like a man, but too afraid to use it to it’s full suspension and ride potential. Cause if you have to take it back to the dealer to change the spark plugs, or replace a broken part, wife will make you sell the sled.

Wife wears the pants in the house 100% of the time, as you are “in the crowd” that can afford a Ferrari and Porsche, but ain’t allowed to have one, just the wife’s minivan. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Cat won't come with their new chassis until doos patent expires on the pyramidal design.  Yammi said fuck that so will go to argo to co develop a sled.  

Edited by Boonbocker1
Oops
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Says he's buying the new 2024 chassis!!!! With so little miles on his 800 might as well wait till 2024 release anyway. Or try a polaris till the new chassis comes out.

1 hour ago, wrinkly balls said:

Says he's buying the new 2024 chassis!!!! With so little miles on his 800 might as well wait till 2024 release anyway. Or try a polaris till the new chassis comes out.

"2024 Chassis"

Bold prediction... I hope you're right .... IF they actually have something, who's to say it won't be put off another year or 10 because of tHe SuPpLy ChAiN or maybe because Heidi's friend's gerbil sneezed that morning.  Then, whether the product is actually worth the wait is the next and most perplexing part to worry about.               

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Premium said:

"2024 Chassis"

Bold prediction... I hope you're right .... IF they actually have something, who's to say it won't be put off another year or 10 because of tHe SuPpLy ChAiN or maybe because Heidi's friend's gerbil sneezed that morning.  Then, whether the product is actually worth the wait is the next and most perplexing part to worry about.               

That's the thing - if this new chassis has been ready for a few years, who knows if it isn't being the times already, like when the new 800 finally came out and the others were on to 850s. A couple months ago, snowtech had said the trail chassis was closer to being ready than the mountain chassis. They were king of the hill with the M before the procross, hopefully they still have something left to show.

So by time Arctic cat release this "new" chassis that's been ready to be released for a couple years now will it be obsolete by time its actually released like their 800 was?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

When the 2023 Snocross sled is unveiled at Hay days... that's when you'll know if there's a new chassis coming.  

Kinda wanted the RXC more this year (wanted to order one last year but couldn’t) in case they pull the old haydays switcheroo on preorder RXCs again.

On 4/1/2022 at 8:21 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

It means after the last 3 years being the same sled with nothing but higher prices and BNGs, and 16 in total, I'm ready for a change. And I'm tired of the excuses from Textron. Poo & Doo have brought new product the last 2 years, so stop with the excuses .............

• Like 4

On 3/27/2022 at 12:33 PM, racinfarmer said:

I can see the poasts already...

"Hai guis!  I just going this RXC and want to know whats the best can!  I want a more choppy midrange sound!"

"Whats the best oil for my new RXC?"

"I got this RXC and can't get it to lift the skis like my old 800.  HELP!"

"I really want a 800 in my RXC!  What should I do?@??!#$!?!  I think I'm going to turbo it or get a big bore kitz!>!!#!"

"¿¿¿What is the best clutch kit for dis RXC???"

"Why is this sled so rough to ride with the shocks on 3 and why can't I ride it like Herf?"

No it will come down to why is it so rough on one?? Can I smooth it out?? Also why is the clutch engagement so high?? I need that lowered because I can’t ride a race sled and bought one. Can anyone help 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, taperk600 said:

It means after the last 3 years being the same sled with nothing but higher prices and BNGs, and 16 in total, I'm ready for a change. And I'm tired of the excuses from Textron. Poo & Doo have brought new product the last 2 years, so stop with the excuses .............

1000% agreed. I am in the same boat 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

1000% agreed. I am in the same boat 

Same here, probably selling my rr and looking towards polaris next year. I've never been impressed with polaris reliability but over the last 3 years I've put 10k+ mi on 2 different rangers and they've been great machines so I'm going to give their sleds a shot. Pretty sad, I've trail ridden/ raced cats since a kitty cat in 1981

• Like 1