The 2023 Cat Lineup...

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well engine alone, any honest poo rider would be all in with there record on new motors. Unless you have a serious memory loss anyway. Just sayin. Ya know, facts and shit like that. 

Well I've had a 2012, 2014 and 2016 800's and now a 2022 850, and for second sleds a 2013 and 2015 600's and a 2021 650, all have been trouble free, bullet proof comes to mind. Ya know facts and shit like that, Just saying... Ya Doper :passing:

9 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Hey that's mean.  Poor dopers don't want to be referred to in the same way as Jim.

Ya I worked in Eastern Oregon for a short time last summer, the pot trade on Idaho's border was crazy and for some reason the fast food places had lines down the street, lot's of hungry people. :smoke:

13 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Ya I worked in Eastern Oregon for a short time last summer, the pot trade on Idaho's border was crazy and for some reason the fast food places had lines down the street, lot's of hungry people. :smoke:

Maybe Jim could go there and direct traffic.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Doug said:

Good post.  We use to have 3-4 diehard Cat guys in our group and it was always fun to line them up or which off sleds because each manufacturer did offer some good features.  One by one the Cat diehards have now purchased either Polaris or Doo and the last Cat rider we had purchased a Polaris once he seen nothing new appeared to be coming and couldn't be ordered until April when the other manufacturers programs were over.

I don't want to only see only 2 manufacturers either because they use to push each other on technology.  If Arctic  Cat was coming out with something new you would have thought you would have seen some teasers to entice the diehard's to hang on.

Yep.

I'm certainly not going to sit here and claim it was all roses and sunshine before the Textron acquisition. Arctic Cat had it's issues. I've conceded over and over that demanding a product release prematurely can be hugely detrimental in the long term (ah-em...the 2012/2013 Procross).

However, this lack of new product is extreme. Correcting the financial mistakes of the past is paramount; but you must also balance that with the passion, culture, experience, and expertise that built the brand's cult following. Textron has gutted all of it. Now, there's ZERO to show for it except over-priced youth sleds with no innovative full-size halo flagships to aspire to.

Textron has 'saved' the Arctic Cat name....and eviscerated everything that made Cat great.

• Like 3

To be clear I do applaud the youth focus in general, we need to keep the sport we all love alive.

Textron, make me eat crow. My wallet is ready...prove me wrong.

Edited by Premium

10 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Well I've had a 2012, 2014 and 2016 800's and now a 2022 850, and for second sleds a 2013 and 2015 600's and a 2021 650, all have been trouble free, bullet proof comes to mind. Ya know facts and shit like that, Just saying... Ya Doper :passing:

I've got pot smoking, intelligent, hard working friends in CO, with engineering degrees, who would take extreme offense at begin grouped in with a moron like jim

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, krom said:

I've got pot smoking, intelligent, hard working friends in CO, with engineering degrees, who would take extreme offense at begin grouped in with a moron like jim

Sure you would kromer. Could care less! You have no idea who I really am. Definitely not some pot smoking ass hole from New York area. 

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sure you would kromer. Could care less! You have no idea who I really am. Definitely not some pot smoking ass hole from New York area. 

Shouldn't an arctic cat engineer like you, be able to get their sled sooner than you got yours?

Edited by krom
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, krom said:

Shouldn't an arctic cat engineer like you, be able to get their sled sooner than you got yours?

Well not exactly an Engineer, but still smarter than a New York area ass hat. Wont pick up sled till Fall. Great dealer here. No Janitor needed.

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well not exactly an Engineer, but still smarter than a New York area ass hat. Wont pick up sled till Fall. Great dealer here. No Janitor needed.

You aren't going to understand this right now, but be sure to look back at this thread in November.

Its going to be outdated before you ever ride it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, krom said:

You aren't going to understand this right now, but be sure to look back at this thread in November.

If you say so. 3 grand less tells me I wont care!

1 hour ago, krom said:

My barbers dentists wife would agree.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Wont pick up sled till Fall. Great dealer here. No Janitor needed.

You've mentioned that Country Cat is your dealer. Can you imagine their pain over the last 5 years?

Jim, Regardless of what you do, you are buying a dead end product. It'll be replaced with a new chassis, or Cat will continue to decline and you'll have trouble getting parts and dealer support. Either way, it is a dead end product.

Why would any dealer want to sell Cat products? Maybe if they were being sold cheaper than Poo or Doo....but at the same price?

3 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

You've mentioned that Country Cat is your dealer. Can you imagine their pain over the last 5 years?

Jim, Regardless of what you do, you are buying a dead end product. It'll be replaced with a new chassis, or Cat will continue to decline and you'll have trouble getting parts and dealer support. Either way, it is a dead end product.

Why would any dealer want to sell Cat products? Maybe if they were being sold cheaper than Poo or Doo....but at the same price?

Country cat is not my dealer but they sell more sleds than you can count to. I have never had any of my cats to the dealer for any work because I take care of them. Last cat that I had warranty work done on was a 1998 ZL 500. Dead end is any conversation with idiots like you who think they know everything but in reality have no clue. My dealer used to sell Doo, but they don't sell here so he dropped them about 15 years ago.

Edited by ZR6000RR

On 3/15/2022 at 8:08 PM, ZR6000RR said:

What are you a fat ass? Ripping your seat? No matter what color, you have to clean after break in. Did it to both my black pro cross and will p tdd probably do it several on my green RR. Spring thing.

I cleaned this like 300-350 miles ago.  The gray was just as bad, and the exhaust with side would need to be cleaned up on the belly pan too.

PXL_20220319_151316479[1].jpg