The 2023 Cat Lineup...

12 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You must be concerned about codes owning a poo. Never have on the three Ctech 600's I have had. Actually never seen a code on any cat. Hmmm? 

My rr just threw 2 codes up this weekend on my ns1 gauge. After a  Long full throttle run it started burbling at 3/4+ throttle untill i shut it off and restarted.

The other interesting fact about cat’s statement no one has commented on is dealer inventory. I think they will only let you pre order certain models and the rest you need to go buy from a dealer when they get it. Gets the heat off Textron 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Well not the exact same sled the 2020 was a 137 new front end unit, so cat has innovated backwards since then. Buuut I did talk to someone who was looking at the price sheet today and you’re not far off on that. I almost puked.

The best way to buy one is from the race program... 😆

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

That's because of the chassis, not the motor.  Putting the old motor in them would make them even slower.  And let's be real the only four strokers with records are all Cats.

Lol.  Put that same motor in a stock 1990 Polaris or Cat and it will be faster than running in stock modern chassis.  What an improvement!

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

I drive a Doo 850 FYI. You have to give your customers something or anything to bring in new customer you just can't pump out the same shit year after year.   

Some idiots are so stupidly brand loyal that BNG make them feel like they have a completely new machine.  I'd hate to be one of those morons.

35 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Yes I read it. It’s a typical corporate response. Pushing orders off 30 days is not going change anything for 2022 not shipped orders. The season is done. It does however make a big difference if another company is taking over. 

Exactly.  I see it as a good sign.  The last thing we need is Textron running Cat.

20 minutes ago, Badger** said:

The Alpha you don't hear jack shit about that anymore. :ashamed: 

Jim Dumbo sure talked it up as the greatest thing ever.  Has gotten rather quiet on that POS lately.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

It will not unhook on a roll. It is very snug. More than your wife or BF.

You really should leave family out of your responses, its not cool. It was a big deal over at HCS but it should always apply in life.  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

So does the current cluster give everything you need to know and then? You can add Garmin for half the cost of a lesser brand and it is glove tested for you pootards fingers. Just sayin. I have one of there new Garmin gauges and it is AWESOME!

You keep making yourself look more and more stupid every post...

There is absolutely nothing that 99.5% of snowmobilers need, including the sled.  They purchase based on want, only a few hundred people in the entire world need a sled. 

People buy what they want

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Badger** said:

You really should leave family out of your responses, its not cool. It was a big deal over at HCS but it should always apply in life.  

Jimbo's never been known to have class or intelligence.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Badger** said:

and may warrant an in person ass kicking... ;)

12 hours ago, Ziemann said:

But, can your Garmin do this? LOL?

20220225_152024.jpg

What a wonderful system.  You know almost exactly what's wrong with it so you can call from the trail side and have your dealer get them on backorder right away.  Should have you up and running by June, or July at the latest.

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I wonder how far the prices will stray from a time when they NAILED the pricing for the same fucking sleds...

pricing-sheet.jpg&v=1552985201198?v=2019

Kind of kick myself for not buying the 8000RR that year.  Got a quote on the RR and RXC but didn't have that much cash sitting around that year.

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

What a wonderful system.  You know almost exactly what's wrong with it so you can call from the trail side and have your dealer get them on backorder right away.  Should have you up and running by June, or July at the latest.

Kind of kick myself for not buying the 8000RR that year.  Got a quote on the RR and RXC but didn't have that much cash sitting around that year.

old people love their gadgets to play with. 

• Like 1

Cat only has mfg capacity to build xx # of units/yr.   They are awaiting final confirmation from doo(120s and 200s) and yammi what number of units they need built.   They'll take those numbers and subtract that from their capacity and that will determine how many units will go to cat customers and dealers

Edited by Boonbocker1

30 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Cat only has mfg capacity to build xx # of units/yr.   They are awaiting final confirmation from doo(120s and 200s) and yammi what number of units they need built.   They'll take those numbers and subtract that from their capacity and that will determine how many units will go to cat customers and dealers

Bullshit on that one. They can produce 350 sleds a day at full capacity.  A lot of this past year were running 4 10 hour days and switching on the line on the go for different sleds. Supply issues are real.

All I need to do is take my glasses off and get my face right up to the screen.  Looking at that screen would be a lot easier than trying to do the same thing to fish a dropped nut out of the belly pan.

35 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Bullshit on that one. They can produce 350 sleds a day at full capacity.  A lot of this past year were running 4 10 hour days and switching on the line on the go for different sleds. Supply issues are real.

Regardless of what they did or can do they have a capacity constraint.  They balance that among the dirt product, yammi product and now doo product.   You are so color blind you can't even see reason in anything you see as negative towards cat.

50 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Then why were you so excited when they limited snowcheck last year.  They could have easily made more if the above were true.

15 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Regardless of what they did or can do they have a capacity constraint.  They balance that among the dirt product, yammi product and now doo product.   You are so color blind you can't even see reason in anything you see as negative towards cat.

The dirt line is not included. That has a separate and totally unit per day number. 

33 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

The dirt line is not included. That has a separate and totally unit per day number. 

So you're saying the snowmobile line is only operating at about 10% capacity? 350 units a on a 6 day week would be over 100,000 units.

Edited by airflite1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

So they have endless mfg capacities?   They can build endless amount of sleds/yr?   Pull your head out, take a deep breath and re read my statements!

4 hours ago, Badger** said:

I would buy a T-Cat just for fun but I would not sell my 850<< No way

Even if Cat does go away the 998's will run the roost long after.
The Sidewinder and Thundercat are solid buys, as Yamaha will always be around to support that powerplant. Their used prices are still very good, anything 2017 and newer with the 998 Turbo is decent, although I recommend 2018+ unless you want to do the updates/tweaks yourself.

And the Alpha is still a very good powder machine, and the Blast is a great intermediate machine.
However, the meat and potatoes is the trail machine market for adults.

Edited by amstech
  • Like 1