The 2023 Cat Lineup...

22 hours ago, Legend said:

I take you dont take apart engines. You dont measure pistons, cylinders, crankshafts, etc. 

We ride in the mountains. Ive blown an engine miles from the trail in 5 feet of bottomless powder. It took 1.5 days of disassembling that sled so that 3 of us were able to pack it out. 

Everything on the sleds get inspected before every trip. And engines get torn down every 2000 miles. And while some pistons are usable, they all have enough slop to warrant replacement. And yes, most times I notice a performance increase. Tighter fit, better compression, better horsepower. 

Been yrs but last motor we blew in the hills was rebuilt right there the next day . Put a bacon under the hood covered it in snow.  Brought back pistons a jug and head next day . 

It is worse when you wreck em that has cost a few buds the 2500 to put it on the hook and fly it out . Insurance paid for 1 guys  but not the other progressive paid All-State did not 

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Been yrs but last motor we blew in the hills was rebuilt right there the next day . Put a bacon under the hood covered it in snow.  Brought back pistons a jug and head next day . 

It is worse when you wreck em that has cost a few buds the 2500 to put it on the hook and fly it out . Insurance paid for 1 guys  but not the other progressive paid All-State did not 

What you guys can fix on the hill is amazing.  If it isn't a belt or plugs, us trail guys just tow it to the nearest road and send someone for the truck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

What you guys can fix on the hill is amazing.  If it isn't a belt or plugs, us trail guys just tow it to the nearest road and send someone for the truck.

Dont have a choice. I will do everything in my power, knowledge and ability to not pay for a helicopter. I dont carry insurance on my mtn sleds. Dont have to worry about hitting someone else, and if I wreck it, I fix it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah we took the engine apart to see what was needed to get it running. Was seized. Turns out it was the crank. 

We just marked it with GPS. Didnt bother trying to hide it, if someone would have found it that far back, in the dark, I would have given them a fist bump for for having a big set. 

..maybe the create is actually top secret this year and every one is gonna be surprised.  

yea that's it...... they got some super secret plan... its gonna be awesome 

Edited by Cwhite138

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

No new engine, no new chassis.  BNG and the only saving grace is that Doo and Poo are sold out of their snowchecks by the time Cat opens theirs.

updated...

155990910_10223670730463662_1209979329050736963_n.jpg

Have to think that if Cat had anything new they would have at least done a Poo and posted a teaser but then again there may be nobody left in Cat marketing that knows how to post a video clip on the interwebs......

7 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Have to think that if Cat had anything new they would have at least done a Poo and posted a teaser but then again there may be nobody left in Cat marketing that knows how to post a video clip on the interwebs......

I have a theory... it's involves utter incompetence by upper management. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Would bring more excitement since there isn't really anything to unveil.

The Procross is perfect, look what Herf can do with one that's lovingly cared for by two fantastic mechanics.

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Would bring more excitement since there isn't really anything to unveil.

There’s probably gonna be 15-20 new part numbers on the new cats this year according to someone with solid information..

The number just depends on how intricate the new graphics are.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Palu49 said:

There’s probably gonna be 15-20 new part numbers on the new cats this year according to someone with solid information..

The number just depends on how intricate the new graphics are.

eXaCtLy........ 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Current rumor on Facebook... Yamaha and Cat are parting ways after 2023 

I've heard that one too.  Along with the reason behind it