Items to look for ... 2022 models

Bontz

Now that I'm finally back in the "owning a sled" status, and will be picking my XCR up, I'm curious if we can put together a list of all the items to check?  I'll start with the obvious stuff that's been chatted about (and also ongoing for years), and hopefully others can chime in:

1. Like every year, check the chaincase oil and add as necessary (hopefully the dealer is doing this as part of PDI)
  2. Check the oil line for air bubble - and how significant it is (hopefully the dealer is doing this as part of PDI)
  3. New for this year with any electric start sleds - check the coolant hose that's routed near the electric start motor to prevent it from rubbing on the starter mount bracket
  4. Check the rear track shock reservoir, and make sure it's centered between the aluminum braces
  5. Shim skis as needed
  6. Make sure the oil cap "rattles" (pretty rare, but it's happened) so it vents properly
  7. Always ensure chaincase tensioner bolt is functional & hand tight with the lock nut doing its job
  8. Suspension bolts?  There's been a few reports of FTS bolts not being tight? (preventive maintenance I guess)

Other QC issues to look for?  And before the peanut gallery chimes in, remember this is in the Polaris forum so no BS (cough, cough ... that'd be you, "Karen"!!)

Edited by Bontz
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fill the jackshaft bearing with grease.  (Pull secondary, pop the seal, use needle fitting to fill from the back)  

Would be prudent to do the same with the driveshaft bearing while you are in there.  (Take track tension off, remove 6 Torx bolts, pull seal, use needle fitting to fill from the back)

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 3

Check the RTS reservoir to make sure the reservoir is clearing the side aluminum bars.  If it is not you can take a block of wood on the reservoir and gentle hit it with a rubber mallet to rotate the reservoir on the shock body.

20220201_123355.jpg

• Gold Member

IMO checking the coolant line is a must do. The hose has a white stripe on it at the water pump mounting end, lining that up with the line cast on the case solves the issue. The cast line is between the 3 to 4 o’clock position. My hose was installed with the stripe at the 1 o’clock position and hose was slightly rubbing the starter brkt. Lining up the hose with the cast line gave me a 1/2 inch of clearance on the starter brkt.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, XCR INDY said:

IMO checking the coolant line is a must do. The hose has a white stripe on it at the water pump mounting end, lining that up with the line cast on the case solves the issue. The cast line is between the 3 to 4 o’clock position. My hose was installed with the stripe at the 1 o’clock position and hose was slightly rubbing the starter brkt. Lining up the hose with the cast line gave me a 1/2 inch of clearance on the starter brkt.  

I didn't do mine the Tech looked at it when he set my sled up and said all you need to do is rotate the hose to get the clearance on the ones that are close or rubbing.  It's all the same parts as 2021 and there was no issues then.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Doug said:

I didn't do mine the Tech looked at it when he set my sled up and said all you need to do is rotate the hose to get the clearance on the ones that are close or rubbing.  It's all the same parts as 2021 and there was no issues then.

Yes, the only difference is the person on the assembly line this year wasn’t lining up the pre determined marks hose and case. 

• Like 1