Order date -vs-Build date -vs- sled received date on the same configuration of sled

Doug

I understand the covid deal and supplier issues.  That would effect some of the sled build dates no question.

What would be nice is hear is the reasoning of the wide range of Order date -vs- build dates -vs- the sled being delivered of the exact same configuration of sled.  All the examples are of my sled configuration Red XCR 850 136 cobra track.

1) talked to a guy out riding his sled had a build date of January 5 and he received the sled the next week of January 10th sled was ordered almost the end of snow check. His 1st Polaris

2) Riding partner build date January 7th received the sled the week of January 17.  Sled was ordered towards the end of snow check

3) Riding partner build date January 6th received the sled January 31.  Sled was ordered last week of snow check

4) Mine build date January 6th sled shipped January 10th from Rosena and was received at the dealer January 31.  Sled was ordered the first week of snow check. 

Some of the logistics stuff seems confusing to the consumer.  I don't worry too much on that subject. The list of excuses for goofy delivery delays is seemingly endless.  Most of the time, they are just excuses.  The truth is that somebody didn't do their job.  That crap has gone on for years and years.  The big difference now is the expanded list of excuses.  Sadly, I think we are heading into a new normal with our expectations and on time delivery.

We have seen a correlation between order date and build with another company.  It's not a 100% correlation, but some of the early snowcheck sleds were built late summer.  It was a bit surprising to hear people waiting for months on models that we had sitting and ready to go.

Snowchecked: 3/11/2021

Built:  12/18/2021

Arrived at dealer:  2/1/2022

Picked Up: 2/7/2022

Coolant hose, as checked by my buddy who set up my sled, was not an issue.  I've got about a 1/2" clearance and it's snug/won't move.  Also primed the oil pump to purge the air bubble in the oil line.

Really be interested to here the story on my buddies sled that just arrived at the dealership today.  Sled is a Indy 137 XC 650.  He use to own the dealership sold it about 20 years ago and now works part time there.  6 months to get a sled to the dealer after its built????  Polaris really needs to answer to some of theses issues and step up.

Snowchecked: Late March

Built Date: 7/7/2021

Arrived at dealer 2/9/2022

38 minutes ago, Doug said:

Really be interested to here the story on my buddies sled that just arrived at the dealership today.  Sled is a Indy 137 XC 650.  He use to own the dealership sold it about 20 years ago and now works part time there.  6 months to get a sled to the dealer after its built????  Polaris really needs to answer to some of theses issues and step up.

Snowchecked: Late March

Built Date: 7/7/2021

Arrived at dealer 2/9/2022

I'm almost positive my buddy's VR1 that he just got for his wife was a similar deal ... built in mid July and delivered late January.  Pretty ridiculous to think things are so screwed up that it takes that long :wall:

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering same with my wife's 650 VR1. Sled was ordered late March. Build date is 09/08/2021 . Delivered to our dealer here in Ontario on January 6 2022. Dealer said all they needed to add to it was the 7S gage which the dealer had BEFORE Christmas. I would surely love to know the story behind this. Dealer says he cant tell me anymore than we already know. 

I ordered the last week of snow check, and my ordered sled isn't suppose to show up until late March (15-30).

Fortunately, my dealer had a VR1 that someone backed out of. Built 8/26 and arrived and delivered 12/30.