Trump backs off tough stand on green-card holders

Well at least we know the TV works at the WH.

Trump backs off tough stand on green-card holders

WASHINGTON —The Trump administration took a major step back late Sunday from its temporary ban on immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries, issuing a clarification that the order does not apply to green-card holders “absent the receipt of significant derogatory information.”

“In applying the provisions of the president’s executive order, I hereby deem the entry of lawful permanent residents to be in the national interest,” Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly said in a statement. “Accordingly, absent the receipt of significant derogatory information indicating a serious threat to public safety and welfare, lawful permanent resident status will be a dispositive factor in our case-by-case determinations.”

Kelly’s statement came hours after White House chief of staff Reince Priebus said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that Trump’s executive order would not apply to legal permanent residents “going forward” and after federal judges in Boston had ruled that border security agents could not detain permanent residents or anyone with a valid U.S.-issued visa.

Kelly’s action came after a day of conflict over the order that was played in the nation’s busiest international airports Sunday.

Scenes of family members waiting for detained loved ones dominated international arrival terminals, while volunteer attorneys worked around the clock to stop deportations and free detained passengers.

Trump’s directive reportedly was imposed with little notice or guidance to the relevant authorities, creating havoc in arrival halls and triggering late-night legal challenges in federal courts.

Even after Kelly’s statement there were still unanswered questions about what the government intended to do about refugees who had received permission to come to the United States before Trump signed his order Friday afternoon. Two court rulings questioned whether Trump could reject by executive action valid immigration documents issued by the government itself.

Airports remained the frontline in the battle. Crowds gathered at airports in Miami, Dallas, Cleveland, Charlotte, N.C., New York, Washington, San Francisco and Chicago. Exasperation grew on all sides, and some immigration officials threw up their hands.

“They finally stopped talking to us altogether and told us to call President Trump,” said Becca Heller, director of the International Refugee Assistance Project.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-backs-off-tough-stand-on-green-card-holders/ar-AAmnWmD

50 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I applaud the man. Maybe he'll learn that running a nation isn't the same as micromanaging company. I'm not holding my breath though. I wonder who got through his thick skull?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/us/judge-trump-refugee-order-ann-donnelly.html

1 hour ago, Anler said:

a group of amateurs have entered the white house. this is a fucking shit show  

“Today, Judge Donnelly stated in unequivocal terms that this administration — one with no apparent historical and constitutional rudder — will not go unchecked or unbalanced,” said Eric M. Arnone, a criminal defense lawyer in Manhattan who worked with her in the prosecutor’s office in the mid-2000s.

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

“Today, Judge Donnelly stated in unequivocal terms that this administration — one with no apparent historical and constitutional rudder — will not go unchecked or unbalanced,” said Eric M. Arnone, a criminal defense lawyer in Manhattan who worked with her in the prosecutor’s office in the mid-2000s.

Just over a week in and the GOP is starting to crack on this nonsense, although we know the Momo's here will probably never see it :lol: 

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

So?

So goes Minnesota Momo :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Since when did trump say he was going to ban LEGAL immigrants?

Followed up by Momo East :lol:

All that's missing is the Oshawa commode cleaner Momorider :lol: 

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Just over a week in and the GOP is starting to crack on this nonsense, although we know the Momo's here will probably never see it :lol: 

they rolled this shit out of the white house with no legal vetting. who's advising the president on this stuff? does he have any legal council?  ,  

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

So goes Minnesota Momo :lol: 

Followed up by Momo East :lol:

All that's missing is the Oshawa commode cleaner Momorider :lol: 

Poor Ballsack!

:lol::lol::lol:

14 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Since when did trump say he was going to ban LEGAL immigrants?

You are only suppose to read the huge headline, relax your vagina, let your panties wad themselves firmly up there, and go!

I mean seriously, if you had a shred of journalistic integrity..........Trump makes clarification on green card holders.

23 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

they rolled this shit out of the white house with no legal vetting. who's advising the president on this stuff? does he have any legal council?  ,  

President Bannon is calling the shots 

:lol:

Not sure whether the media created this issue around green card holders to get ratings or if the admin policy was unclear but the legal immigrants here should not be effected by any changes until such time there is evidence that should result in their losing status anyways.  

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Not sure whether the media created this issue around green card holders to get ratings or if the admin policy was unclear but the legal immigrants here should not be effected by any changes until such time there is evidence that should result in their losing status anyways.  

Bold: Oh, you're probably pretty sure anyway.  9_9

2nd: BINGO!  :thumb:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Bold: Oh, you're probably pretty sure anyway.  9_9

2nd: BINGO!  :thumb:

honestly Trumps administrations communication has been horrible,  presiding over this country via twitter that looks like they were written by my teenagers is ridiculous.  Maybe spend some time spinning the ideas rather than inciting the media might help keep the rational people in this country on his side,  the right and left wing whackjobs DGAF but reality is those batshit crazies opinion don't matter,  to suceed you need to keep the middle engaged.    

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Its never smart to respond with irrational exuberance, either way. Ill admit I have been guilty of it and you always end up with egg on your face. Look at Slinger for instance...

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

honestly Trumps administrations communication has been horrible,  presiding over this country via twitter that looks like they were written by my teenagers is ridiculous.  Maybe spend some time spinning the ideas rather than inciting the media might help keep the rational people in this country on his side,  the right and left wing whackjobs DGAF but reality is those batshit crazies opinion don't matter,  to suceed you need to keep the middle engaged.    

The middle is engaged.  They just don't get coverage.  These are the people that ousted the last regime.  And if our media was doing a better job, Trump wouldn't need to use social media.  At first I was against it, now I actually like it.  He can reach out without the media slanting his words to work against him.  And our liberals and left wing media hate it....fuck them.  So, ROLL ON TRUMPSTER!

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The middle is engaged.  They just don't get coverage.  These are the people that ousted the last regime.  And if our media was doing a better job, Trump wouldn't need to use social media.  At first I was against it, now I actually like it.  He can reach out without the media slanting his words to work against him.  And our liberals and left wing media hate it....fuck them.  So, ROLL ON TRUMPSTER!

Regime? Us against them? Jesus seek some professional help

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Regime? Us against them? Jesus seek some professional help

Talk to your side about this.  See, here's your people's problem.  You can't start a divisive war then, when it backfires claim you are pushing for unity.  1000 Dem seats lost during your idiot king's "regime" over the last eight.  Lost the house, the senate AND state governorships last November.  Jeez!  This is what happens when you install a partisan agenda and use a corrupt agents of the MSM and elected officials to push it.

SBYL.  But are you learning anything yet?  Keep us posted!

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

his words are that of an idiot and gives everyone plenty of ammunition against him.  Someone better take his twitter away from him at some point.