2008 Polaris 700 Switchback issues.

Tomas.

Today I changed out the exhaust valve springs and did the exhaust valve solenoid delete. I pulled my spark plugs and mag side is running rich and the PTO side is perfect. I put new plugs in as well. 

When I fired it up, it is running like shit. I tried swapping the spark plug wires and no change. I pulled the new plugs out and the mag side plug has oil on it and there was/is smoke coming from the plug hole. Also at the low idle rpm, the voltage gauge on the dash is showing in the middle. It doesn't have a battery.

Anyone have an idea what is going on?

received_886362842058722.jpeg

20220128_142559.jpg

20220128_144650.jpg

received_359122889359461.jpeg

23 minutes ago, HSR said:

So this problem just started with the exh spring change solenoid delete? Swap back ??? Low idle=low voltage. Has your fuel sock been cleaned recently?

The solenoid holds the valves closed for longer. Theoretically that should have not changed anything at idle.

42 minutes ago, HSR said:

So this problem just started with the exh spring change solenoid delete? Swap back ??? Low idle=low voltage. Has your fuel sock been cleaned recently?

I haven't changed the sick in the tank (if it has one) but I have changed the fuel filter that sits on the side of the airbox before. Maybe 1000 kms on it.

28 minutes ago, HSR said:

Try new caps??Nip a bit of wire off too. Will it rev up at all??

Revs up fine, just idles like shit. Put the old springs back in and still idles like shit. 1300-1500 rpms

53 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Revs up fine, just idles like shit. Put the old springs back in and still idles like shit. 1300-1500 rpms

Start simple,,new caps nip wire.

Next step,check tps readings at idle and slowly go to wfo,,,should be smooth linear reading on multimeter. HCS should have the procedure pinned still,,,I pinned it in the pro-ride forum I think. Sled doesn't need to be running just need a 12v battery to power up ECU

6 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

New caps and plugs and it fires up better and seems to run better but still low rpm idle (1400). Throttle is responsive

You can cheat and turn up the idle but it messes with base line tps setting. Right hand side of throttle body is an allen screw with lock nut,loosen nut,turn screw in will increase idle. Now tps will be off throughout the sweep of throttle so I wouldn't drive it that way. I can get you base and wfo tps settings tomorrow,,books in the garage. Sounds like you're getting somewhere :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, HSR said:

You can cheat and turn up the idle but it messes with base line tps setting. Right hand side of throttle body is an allen screw with lock nut,loosen nut,turn screw in will increase idle. Now tps will be off throughout the sweep of throttle so I wouldn't drive it that way. I can get you base and wfo tps settings tomorrow,,books in the garage. Sounds like you're getting somewhere :thumbsup:

I will leave the idle where it is at lol.

Ugh. I just wish this thing would work right. I have been chasing problems for 3 years lmao. I love the IQ chassis but the M8 I used to own just plain worked lol. Even the wife's 07 crossfire 6 always works. If I didn't mind the payments for a severely deprecating asset, there would be an assault switchback in my truck right now lmao