January 28, 1986 - where were you?

Bontz

38 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

On January 28, 1986, I happened to be walking through the McElroy commons area at Mankato State at the exact moment of the launch, and they had a TV, so I stopped to watch.  Before the launch, I had complete faith that NASA had their shit together, so when the whole shuttle assembly started breaking up into smaller pieces, I couldn’t believe it.  Yeah, that was a day I remember well.

@Mag6240, were we standing next to each other, or were you in a different residence hall?

That would have been it!  Only I walked in as it came apart… small world!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Mankato State walking into a dorm and everyone was glued to the TV….

35 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

On January 28, 1986, I happened to be walking through the McElroy commons area at Mankato State at the exact moment of the launch, and they had a TV, so I stopped to watch.  Before the launch, I had complete faith that NASA had their shit together, so when the whole shuttle assembly started breaking up into smaller pieces, I couldn’t believe it.  Yeah, that was a day I remember well.

@Mag6240, were we standing next to each other, or were you in a different residence hall?

You guys missed out on Gage Hall dorm life!! :lol: Granted, I was 7 years later than you with my MSU college life 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You guys missed out on Gage Hall dorm life!! :lol: Granted, I was 7 years later than you with my MSU college life 

I spent very little time on that side of campus - only time I “remember” was walking down the hill there and a guy I was with thought “ok, we’re off campus, let’s open one of these Green Death’s we just bought and slam it!”  Well, it slipped out of his hands and started rolling down the sidewalk, spraying all over as he chased it into the grass off the sidewalk tumbling into the grass - funny as shit!

Edited by Mag6240
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

@Mag6240  nice to see the Mankato State Grads represent.  Gage A tower 92!

• Like 2

Wrenching on a sled in a buddies shop.

Heard it on the radio I was listening to.

How did they know Christie McAuliffe didn't have dandruff?